Windows 10: Display Dims During Boot Process

Discus and support Display Dims During Boot Process in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two questions that are somewhat related: 1. I have my monitor set at 144hz. That resolution shows my display dimmer than other resolutions. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stealth2920, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Display Dims During Boot Process

I have two questions that are somewhat related:

1. I have my monitor set at 144hz. That resolution shows my display dimmer than other resolutions. Is that normal?

2. During the boot process my screen and once the desktop is loaded, some program or process is causing the screen to dim. This issue is regardless of what resolution I have it set at. All the resolutions are a lot brighter than 144hz, but even then once the desktop boots, screen will go to a dimmer mode. I have checked everything I can think of on the Display settings and the nvidia control panel. Any clues?

:)

stealth2920, Jul 27, 2018
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    display dimming

Hi,

There's a possibility that this issue is due to the Display settings of your device. For us to isolate your concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Is it only happening when you connect your device to Windows 10?
    • If it's not connected, have you noticed certain activities wherein the screen dims automatically?
    • Have you tried using a different HDMI cable?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Joan Pin, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Display Dims During Boot Process

2600 display dims

Apparently the 2600 display dims after 15 secs and annoyingly cannot be changed. Can anybody suggest what button to press so I get the display back up but not disturb what's on screen? Thanks

macjac---01, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

Display Dims During Boot Process

1. Display Dims During Boot Process - Similar Threads - Display Dims During

2. Turning of screeen on and off during booting process.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turning of screeen on and off during booting process.: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_ZuTmvzEGsJ5BRtzKg2Tj8eVvgLEjNYM first you can see this video and tell me Why it happens ? . When I push the power button of my laptop and when it turns on it display a short message saying " press esc for...
  3. keyboard and black screen during boot process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard and black screen during boot process: My computer, hp i3 core running windows 10, gives me a black screen and the image of keyboard during boot up and will not go any further. How do around this? or possibly get into safe mode without full boot up?...
  4. Screen display is very dim

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen display is very dim: A few days ago, I recently received delivery of an Alienware 15 R4 laptop from the Microsoft Store. Just today the screen intermittently would go dim. Now, ever after a fresh reboot, the screen stays dim. It is very difficult to use the laptop with such a dim screen....
  5. Win10 display auto-dimming/brightening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 display auto-dimming/brightening: I'm on Lenovo Ideapad 510. Been using Win10 which came along with it for almost 1.5 years. From last 2 months, due to some update, selecting/opening an app, dims the display if the background is black. In 5 steps, the dimming changes to a drastic level. The opposite happens...
  6. Intel Display Driver Causes Unadjustable Dim Screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel Display Driver Causes Unadjustable Dim Screen: With my Vaio laptop, Windows 10 updated and the Intel HD graphics family adapter (dated 11/18/2015) causes the screen to go unadjustably dim. Rolling back the driver used to fix it, but it will now not let me roll back the driver. Can you help me? I can barely see the screen....
  7. Booting Process

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting Process: Hi, Please help me in regards of following query. What are the booting process, sequence and startup (bootable) files for Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10? Regards 57862
  8. Screen dimming booting into Windows 10 Education

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen dimming booting into Windows 10 Education: When I boot into Windows 10 Education the screen dims to about 60%. It's happening on the two computers now that have Education version installed on them. Screen brightness is set to 100% under both battery and plugged in power settings. Brightness set to 0 (neutral) in Intel...
  9. Where is Dim Display in Control Panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is Dim Display in Control Panel?: Hey Guys, I just got a new system , I always had in power options in control panel to "DIM THE DISPLAY" and now in win 10 there is no option to dim the display .. I thought it had to do with the Nvida driver .. or something like that ... Anyone know how to add this option?...
  10. Where is "Dim the Display" option in WIn 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is "Dim the Display" option in WIn 10?: Hey guys, I noticed today when I go to Control panel and go to Power Options, and edit plan settings, there is NO "dim the Display" option anymore. I have it on my Win 7 machine! Anyway to enable this feature in Win 10 Pro? Thanks! 37757