Windows 10: Display driver breaks after every reboot

Discus and support Display driver breaks after every reboot in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Since the upgrade that Microsoft forced down my throat a couple weeks ago, my display drivers have not worked. One of them is Intel(R) HD Graphics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by allam447635, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Display driver breaks after every reboot

Since the upgrade that Microsoft forced down my throat a couple weeks ago, my display drivers have not worked. One of them is Intel(R) HD Graphics driver, and the other is an NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M driver. We managed to fix one of the drivers (the Intel one) using DriverEasy.

Anyway, let's get to the main issue. The one driver we managed to fix breaks again whenever I reboot my computer. This is a major problem since I have to reboot every 2-3 days because of the memory leak I talked about in my very first thread. The first time this happened, a cold boot fixed it, but that has not worked when the issue has happened again.

:)

allam447635, Jun 5, 2018

2. Driver Display has Recovered

Hi Jepson,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

The issue could be related to Display drivers then please try the steps provided to uninstall the
    Display Adapter from Device Manager, uninstall the device drivers from program list and then download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Step 1:

Uninstall the Device from Device Manager

• Open Device Manager
    • Expand the Display Adapter section.
    • Find the Display card Driver.
    • Right click Display card Driver and select
      Uninstall.
    • Select the check box delete the driver software for this device.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.

Step 2:

Uninstall the Device Drivers from Program List in Control Panel

• Click on start, select Control Panel
    • Now click on Programs and select Programs and Features.
    • Find the Display card Driver.
    • Right click Display card Driver and select
      Uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, I will be glad to help you.

Ruth Buruga, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Display driver breaks after every reboot

1. Display driver breaks after every reboot - Similar Threads - Display driver breaks

2. Video drivers have to keep installing after every reboot?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video drivers have to keep installing after every reboot?: Hello, Im going crazy here and I need any suggestions for this. Been happening since I reinstalled my OS on my M2 SSD a few months back. The issue would be mild and I lived with it. The video drivers on my GTX 2070 would not work for a moment and would 'reinstall' when...
  3. Bluetooth breaking (disappeared tile) after EVERY update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth breaking (disappeared tile) after EVERY update?: My bluetooth tile on the lower-right corner (notification center I think?) always goes missing after a Windows update. Always. Just like today: last night I had my bluetooth service working, and now it's completely disappeared. Again. I'm tired of troubleshooting this every...
  4. USB joystick drivers lost after every reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB joystick drivers lost after every reboot: my usb joystick drivers are lost every time i reboot my pc . this problem occurred after recent cumulative updates. windows 10 pro. please help me if you see that ***Modified title from: about windws update and usb joystick drivers loss ***...
  5. display driver free download or reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    display driver free download or reboot: can you download it for me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-driver-free-download-or-reboot/ac75204e-4826-4f50-b049-ce235ed4c477
  6. Losing Bluetooth Drivers with every reboot

Losing Bluetooth Drivers with every reboot: I have an Acer laptop running Win 10. Lately, I've been noticing that there is no bluetooth button in my task bar. So I go through "fix bluetooth" windows process & it reinstalls the drivers. I can then use bluetooth. But I keep having to do this over every time it seems. I...
  7. Losing Bluetooth Drivers with every reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Losing Bluetooth Drivers with every reboot: I have an Acer laptop running Win 10. Lately, I've been noticing that there is no bluetooth button in my task bar. So I go through "fix bluetooth" windows process & it reinstalls the drivers. I can then use bluetooth. But I keep having to do this over every time it seems. I...
  8. Windows breaks display drivers after update from 1803 to 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows breaks display drivers after update from 1803 to 1903: So after Windows forced me to update it to the new functional update, my display drivers broke and I wasn't able to see anything beyond the motherboard launch process/boot loader. The computer was working completely fine, since I was able to type my password to log-in, press...
  9. Windows Displays Wrong time after every reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Displays Wrong time after every reboot: Hi there, I just got a new laptop, the setup went smoothly and mostly everything works correctly, except for one thing. The clock displays time exactly 6 hours ahead of my local time. I've changed the time zone to the correct time zone and it seems to display the proper...
  10. Year-Old Driver Tries to Install After Every Reboot

Year-Old Driver Tries to Install After Every Reboot: For about a year now, a Synaptics Driver /has been installing through Windows Update nearly everyday, or every time Windows checked for Updates. It is the same driver every single time, dated 8/16/2017. [ATTACH] At some point it began restarting my computer every night,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. must update intel graphics drivers after every restart