Windows 10: Display Driver/Graphics Card issues since last update [build 17134.167]

Discus and support Display Driver/Graphics Card issues since last update [build 17134.167] in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After Windows installed the latest update, the image displayed started flickering when running programs that use the GPU, such as games and Chrome.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BenjaminSolomons, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Display Driver/Graphics Card issues since last update [build 17134.167]

After Windows installed the latest update, the image displayed started flickering when running programs that use the GPU, such as games and Chrome.

The GPU is not overheating and it has been in the same system for three years without issues before this latest update. More recently, the displayed image has cut out completely and the computer has crashed. I tried updating the games, updating to the latest AMD drivers, however the issues persisted. The computer went into a reboot loop. The Windows diagnostics tool ran after the 3rd reboot and stated that it was unable to fix the error.

The error the diagnostics tool picked up was that the bootres.dll file was corrupted, however sfc /scannow and scanfile said that the aforementioned file was not corrupted and had full integrity.

After searching online I discovered that someone with a similar system to mine was having the same issues and had discovered that the they were being caused by an incompatibility between AMD Display Drivers and the latest version of Windows 10. I used DDU to uninstall the existing AMD drivers and restarted the computer which seemed to work, however Windows crashed with a blank screen when trying to install the latest drivers available on the AMD website. Upon the 3rd time of trying to install the drivers the computer crashed and entered the same reboot loop as mentioned earlier. Windows diagnostics has been unable to fix this and uninstalling the AMD drivers in safe mode does not appear to fix the issue, however the error log is still saying the the bootres.dll file is corrupted.

As this issue did not occur before the latest update, can you offer a solution?

System Specifications:

CPU: AMD A8-6600k

GPU: R9 270x

PSU: Corsair cx600

GPU Driver: Adrenalin Edition 18.7.1 Optional

:)

BenjaminSolomons, Jul 24, 2018

2. Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 24, 2018
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Discolored messed up display after updating graphics card driver

Hi Kevin,

The issue that you're experiencing usually happens if the latest driver installed encountered an issue with the system. We would like to know the following to isolate the issue:

• From where did you download the latest update for your driver?
    • Is it from your manufacturer's website or from Windows update?
    • Have you tried using the older version of the driver?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest uninstalling the latest driver using the steps below:

• Open Cortana.
    • Search Device Manager and click it.
    • Expand the Display Adapter section.
    • Find the Display card Driver.
    • Right click the Display card Driver and select Uninstall.
    • Select the check box delete the driver software for this device.
    • Afterwards, restart the computer. Restarting the computer usually reinstall the generic driver from Windows update.

If anything comes up, don't hesitate to get back to us anytime.

Mayra Aqu, Jul 24, 2018
  4. Display Driver/Graphics Card issues since last update [build 17134.167]

graphics card issue in Windows 10

Hi Harish,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

I would suggest you to follow the same steps above suggested by Jenith_James and select the previous operating system like
    Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 7 and install it
    and check if it helps.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: I suggest you to update graphics drivers
    following the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the graphics driver and select
      Update driver software.

Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the
    graphics card drivers and
    update and check.

Refer: How
    to install and update the drivers

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

Display Driver/Graphics Card issues since last update [build 17134.167]

1. Display Driver/Graphics Card issues since last update [build 17134.167] - Similar Threads - Display Driver Graphics

2. Display Crashes since updating graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Crashes since updating graphics drivers: Hello, ever since I updated my drivers on 10/25/22 I have had multiple display crashes where I can still hear audio, and that will eventually crash as well. To my knowledge this is the first instance of this happening.DescriptionFaulting Application Path:...
  3. Display Crashes since updating graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Crashes since updating graphics drivers: Hello, ever since I updated my drivers on 10/25/22 I have had multiple display crashes where I can still hear audio, and that will eventually crash as well. To my knowledge this is the first instance of this happening.DescriptionFaulting Application Path:...
  4. Display Crashes since updating graphics drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. UHD Graphics card issue since recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UHD Graphics card issue since recent update: Hi, A recent update created an issue with my UHD Graphics card. I can get into my laptop in safemode, then deactivate my UHD graphics card and then after restart, it boots into normal. But with basic display, it won't run apps for me. But, as soon as I click on "Enable"...
  6. UHD Graphics card issue since recent update

UHD Graphics card issue since recent update: Hi, A recent update created an issue with my UHD Graphics card. I can get into my laptop in safemode, then deactivate my UHD graphics card and then after restart, it boots into normal. But with basic display, it won't run apps for me. But, as soon as I click on "Enable"...
  7. UHD Graphics card issue since recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Graphics card / Display issue

Graphics card / Display issue: Hello people of the Microsoft forum! Hope everyone is having a great day :DI have a laptop that's about 2 years old. Ever since I got it, I noticed there was occasionally some sort of graphical or display issue that would rarely appear. Now, however, I feel like I see it at...
  9. Update Graphics Card driver

in Windows 10 Support
    Update Graphics Card driver: Hello,My Graphics card is Nvidia GT710.Occasionally I update its driver.Several times ago I updated the driver by running the .exe file and selecting only the graphics driver, nothing else.It left a large folder "Installer2" (about 530 MB) in the program files folder,...
  10. Display Issues (Graphics Drivers?)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Issues (Graphics Drivers?): My Dell Inspiron Laptop, with Windows 10, suddenly seems to have a huge display / graphics driver problem. Everything was working fine yesterday, but today I started my laptop, only to find many problems: 1. I cannot adjust the brightness with the buttons on my keyboard 2....