Windows 10: Display Drivers for XP Not working in Hyper-V

Discus and support Display Drivers for XP Not working in Hyper-V in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hello Everyone! Thank you a head of time for you time and efforts! THE QUESTION: How do I fix my display drivers in XP in my win10 Hyper-v... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by LIOTB, Feb 19, 2016.

1. LIOTB Win User

Display Drivers for XP Not working in Hyper-V

Hello Everyone!

Thank you a head of time for you time and efforts!

THE QUESTION:
    How do I fix my display drivers in XP in my win10 Hyper-v virtual machine?

WHAT HAPPENED:
    Installed XP in Hyper-V (Win10). For some reason now the display drivers are not installing. They were working just fine. The only thing I can think of is when I tried to copy the virtual drive while experimenting on virtual drive sizes that some how I corrupted the virtual machine hostiles somehow.

The Hardware in the XP Manager:

Display Drivers for XP Not working in Hyper-V [​IMG]

RESOLUTION EFFORTS:
    -Tried and failed to installed the recommended driver from Microsoft updates: No Change
    -Uninstall/reinstall hyper-v: No Change
    -sfc and DISM on windows 10: No Change
    -Created new virtual machines: No Change

NEXT ON MY LIST:
    -Reinstall win10, the none destructive fixing option.
    -Always afraid to go back to an earlier restore point because even though MS says it will not destroy private files....it does.

MACHINE:
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586
    System Manufacturer TOSHIBA
    System Model Satellite L775D
    System Type x64-based PC
    System SKU PSK40U-07N00R
    Processor AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 1500 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1.50, 10/18/2011
    SMBIOS Version 2.7
    BIOS Mode Legacy
    BaseBoard Manufacturer PEGATRON CORPORATION
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.10586.0"
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

Thank you again for all of your help!

:)

LIOTB, Feb 19, 2016

2. Installing a Virtual OS using Hyper-V

Windows 10 doesn't come with the XPMode that windows 7 did, you get Hyper-V not Virtual PC.. THat being said, even if you get a copy from a retail store and pay for XP, you will still have issues installing it on a Hyper-V terminal.. I run a Cluster of Hyper-V
    servers, and the XP, 2k, 98, etc all require specific Drivers that Microsoft does not provide for Hyper-V... If you end up purchasing XP retail, make sure you can find the Vmware 3.2 Driver pack from Vmware's website.. However they don't work with all hardware,
    you have to have a Dell system in order for them to actually work with XP in Hyper-V otherwise you get basic VGA drivers, no NIC, and issues with sound..

If you need XP, you are better off going back to windows 7.

themanindbox, Feb 19, 2016
  3. Product key for XP not working in Hyper V

I can't be certain why your copy of XP has been flagged as invalid.

XP is not listed:

Supported Windows guests

I've been able to use XP in Windows 7 & 8 Hyper-V, but never 10. Though I never tried all that hard to get it to work either as it was more of an experiment than anything I really wanted to use.

Solar-Eclipse, Feb 19, 2016
Thema:

Display Drivers for XP Not working in Hyper-V

1. Display Drivers for XP Not working in Hyper-V - Similar Threads - Display Drivers working

2. Hyper-V not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V not working: I am trying to install hyper-v thru power shell abut it says this:Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature : Feature name Microsoft-Hyper-V is unknown.At line:1 char:1+ Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V ...+...
  3. Hyper-V not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V not working: I am trying to install hyper-v thru power shell abut it says this:Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature : Feature name Microsoft-Hyper-V is unknown.At line:1 char:1+ Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V ...+...
  4. Hyper V not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper V not working: Hyper V quick create showing not found error and closing automatically. What can I do to repair it. Thanks in advance.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-not-working/2b91e86c-7ff8-4ea6-841b-db751d108036
  5. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  6. Sharing XP Files from Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Sharing XP Files from Hyper-V: I'm running Windows XP on Windows 10 with Hyper-V. How do I share files between XP and the c drive on my physical computer? This was so easy with VPC 2007. 29817
  7. No full screen console in Windows XP running as Hyper-V guest

No full screen console in Windows XP running as Hyper-V guest: I have an old DOS program that runs fine in a console window under native Windows XP. I've setup a shortcut on the XP machines and selected full screen. When the application runs it opens full screen. On a Windows 10 with a Hyper-V instance of Windows XP the application is...
  8. Hyper-V, Windows XP, how to enable sound?

Hyper-V, Windows XP, how to enable sound?: Hi, I just created a virtual machine with Windows XP. Now I'd like to get the sound working in the virtual machine. But I can't see how. Can anyone help, please? 30409
  9. Connecting a HP usb printer to hyper-v xp client

Connecting a HP usb printer to hyper-v xp client: Hi guys, I am trying to connect a printer... and for the life of me can not get this to work, new to vm's and trying to get old tech to get along and play nice with some new tech at work. I have a win 10 pro running a hyper-v client of win XP SP3 and trying to connect a usb...
  10. Configuring sound with Windows 98 and XP on Hyper-V.

Configuring sound with Windows 98 and XP on Hyper-V.: I have them both set up, but I don't seem to have any options to enable any sound in the hardware section of Hyper-V. Is it not possible to use these operating systems with sound? I used to use Windows Virtual PC 2007 and sound worked perfectly on those, both on 98 and XP....
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. toshiba psk40u vga dirves windows 10