Windows 10: Display Favorites Bar in Edge

Discus and support Display Favorites Bar in Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've been able to import my favorites from IE11 but no matter what I do I can not get the them to display across the top of the browser. Any... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by SoFine409, Aug 3, 2016.

1. SoFine409 Win User

Display Favorites Bar in Edge

I've been able to import my favorites from IE11 but no matter what I do I can not get the them to display across the top of the browser. Any suggestions?

Display Favorites Bar in Edge [​IMG]

:)

SoFine409, Aug 3, 2016

2. edge does not display thefavorites bar, despite turning it on

edge (Win 10) does not display the favorites bar, despite turning it on

Mike Snyder12, Aug 3, 2016
  3. Favorites Bar on Egde

Favorite bar on Edge. I put several favorites on the favorites bar and after closing out of edge and log back in the favorites in the favorites bar are gone anybody have this problem??? this is my first day using win 10 and edge

GaryCramer, Aug 3, 2016
  4. ryanm353 Win User

I had the exact same problem, what you have to do is manually drag your links into where it says "favourites bar". This worked for me, but because I have a lot of bookmarks its going to take ages!!!!

ryanm353, Aug 3, 2016
  5. SoFine409 Win User
    OK, I see. I tried to drag then from the imported menu directly to the bar across the top. No wonder that didn't work. Thanks ryanm353.

SoFine409, Aug 3, 2016
  6. ryanm353 Win User
    Its so stupid though, every other browser works fine with importing bookmarks or favourites and yet this is the only browser that seems to baffle everyone! I was onto MS Support about it and they didn't even seem to know and it took them forever to figure it out! lol. No problem! Glad to help *Smile

ryanm353, Aug 3, 2016
  7. VooDoo Win User
    Agreed. I tried it in Chrome that I don't really use and it's so simple. This is just complicated and tiresome, I gave up and back to IE 11.

VooDoo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Display Favorites Bar in Edge - Similar Threads - Display Favorites Bar

2. Edge favorites bar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge favorites bar: Hi, I have the Edge Favorites bar along the top of my home page. I have put many favorites along the top, I have selected " show icons only" to save space, however it keeps reverting back after about a day. I repeat this again, and it reverts back again. How can I prevent it...
  3. Favorites are not displayed in Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Favorites are not displayed in Edge: Please help me to find favorites and bookmarks on Edge. I’ve imported them from Internet Explorer but cannot see them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-are-not-displayed-in-edge/ea7bb85f-e371-4cb6-a914-99e265c81eee
  4. Edge Favorites Bar Customization

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Customization: Is it possible to set the favorites on the favorites bar to just icons like you have the option in IE11? I'm right clicking all over this program, but I don't see hardly anything that can be customized. 28020
  5. Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge: I recently upgraded to Win 10 64 and have decided that I am going to use Edge as my default browser. I have followed the directions on 2 websites now that tell how to transfer favorites from Firefox to Edge and seem to have hit a little snag. I am trying to transfer my...
  6. Edge Favorites Bar Not Showing Additional Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Not Showing Additional Favorites: I have enough icons in the Edge favorites bar that they do not all show in a browser window. Before the Creator update, at the right end of the items that showed there was a down carrot that expanded vertically down to show a list of the remaining favorites beyond those...
  7. Edge Favorites Bar Order

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Order: Is it possible to set Edge NOT to put the items in the Favorites Bar in alphabetical order but rather let me put them in my own preferred order (as can be done in all other browsers, including IE)? Thanks Peter 18830
  8. 10158 Edge Favorites Bar

in Browsers and Email
    10158 Edge Favorites Bar: The Favorites Bar is still useless. Favicons not showing and the links just won't stay in the order you want them. I was using the Hub for Favorites, Reading etc. If someone can tell me where I am going wrong, please let me know. Still no use to me for my default...
  9. How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?: Hey gang, I can't seem to figure this one out. When I set up Win 10 a few days ago, I imported my IE settings into Edge. All my favorites are there, and the ones I had pinned to my favorites bar are there. But I can not seem to figure out, how to add a favorite to the...
  10. Edge Favorites Bar is Blank Grey

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar is Blank Grey: I have the Favorites Bar set in the 'ON' position in 'Settings' and it displays a grey bar with this text. 'Add to the favorites bar by selecting (Star Icon), or by importing your favorites.' I have imported my favorites from the previous version of I.E. and can access...