Windows 10: Display gone dark

Discus and support Display gone dark in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My Lenovo Z500 updated to W10 and the display is now dark and hardly readable. If you press the up/down keys for display the little control pops up on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by effingpot, Jun 5, 2016.

1. effingpot Win User

Display gone dark

My Lenovo Z500 updated to W10 and the display is now dark and hardly readable. If you press the up/down keys for display the little control pops up on the screen - the bar moves up and down but the screen remains dark and does not vary. In device manager there are two drivers - Intel HD Graphics 4000 and Nvidia GE Force GT635M. I have removed/uninstalled both and reinstalled from downloads from the Intel and Nvidia sites direct, rebooted and nothing changed.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Mike

:)

effingpot, Jun 5, 2016
  2. farby Win User

lumia 520 goes to lockscreen inadvertently

Next time if this happens, just wait a little longer to see if the display comes back. When you press the side (power) button what happens is even if the display is not actually locked but has gone dark ( as something is taking a bit longer to launch) it
    gets locked.

farby, Jun 5, 2016
  3. HELP Lumia 1520 Display Problems

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has had the problem where their 1520 Display had just gone DARK. I cannot see anything or do anthing on the phone. When i press the power button the navigation buttons light up but the main screen stays DARK like its powered off.
    I have soft reset it.

any help would be great.

Happy Nerw Year.

thanks,

S

Silentshot---01, Jun 5, 2016
  4. Bastet Win User

Display gone dark

In action centre is there a display setting which may or may not override the buttons? Mine does. On mine I can set the brightness to 0 if I should wish as the screen has a backlight which is seperate from the brightness setting.

Bastet, Jun 5, 2016
  5. effingpot Win User
    Interesting - I didn't know about "action centre" but in there I found "Display" settings which are set to maximum brightness, so it's not that sadly. I didn't see a "back light" setting anywhere - which section is it in? Maybe it's not in mine but I'll take a look.
    thanks
    Mike

effingpot, Jun 5, 2016
  6. Bastet Win User
    On my laptop it's a button which turns off/on the screen back light. If your device isn't a laptop then this'll not apply to your problem.
    Do you have a different screen - say a TV with PC connectors - which you can check the device with to rule out a monitor problem?

Bastet, Jun 6, 2016
  7. effingpot Win User
    effingpot, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Display gone dark

1. Display gone dark - Similar Threads - Display gone dark

2. Display Adapter gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Adapter gone: I recently hads a problem with my pc and whenever I would start a game it says "a d3d11 graphics card is required to run this engine.". I came across a video and he told me to delete my display adapter off my system. Its no where to be found and its effecting more than...
  3. Display Adapter gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Adapter gone: I recently hads a problem with my pc and whenever I would start a game it says "a d3d11 graphics card is required to run this engine.". I came across a video and he told me to delete my display adapter off my system. Its no where to be found and its effecting more than...
  4. Display Adapter gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My display gone black and white.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My display gone black and white.: IT IS NOT the color filter setting's fault, because it is turned off. Windows Key+CTRL+SHIFT+B is sadly not working too. HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-display-gone-black-and-white/fbc76ff5-3a57-4c2d-883a-24483b2bca2c
  6. Game pass pc Dark Alliance progress all gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game pass pc Dark Alliance progress all gone: I have been playing for 4 or 5 days and just come to play again, all my characters and progress has gone.The gaming UI window comes up asking which save to use but ive checked and there are no saves on my pc.The game has lost all its settings, I have forced a download of the...
  7. Change the monitor display from bright to dark.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the monitor display from bright to dark.: The original display of the monitor was dark and the functions seen in File Explorer are in bright. How do I go back to this setting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-monitor-display-from-bright-to-dark/989312e5-78d2-41b6-80f1-ba76ffe52c6c
  8. Screen auto dims when display is dark

Screen auto dims when display is dark: Hi! I've had this issue and tried every single fix, yet nothing has worked. Recently bought a HP laptop model: 15s-fq1002na and I've noticed it has this annoying auto dimming feature. When the screen is light ie on a white webpage the screen is bright. When I switch to a...
  9. The display has gone all funky

The display has gone all funky: I downloaded sims 2 and when i played it the screen got smaller so that theres 2 big black spaces on either side and eveything is just smaller. The problem is that when i exit the game the screen stays the same size. ive tried restarting it twice and it hasnt helped and i...
  10. File explorer in dark theme gone!

File explorer in dark theme gone!: Hello, After updating Windows to 1809 a couple weeks ago I was glad to start using File explorer dark theme. Last night I noticed that it's gone and back to the old white background theme. I can't recall what was changed, might have been a recent win update or disk cleanup...