Windows 10: Display has changed to black and white ?

Discus and support Display has changed to black and white ? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I was on my computer about 45 mins ago and I was pasting something had just used ctrl and c the next thing I know is that my computer is now in black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by pwdiver, Aug 7, 2017.

1. pwdiver Win User

Display has changed to black and white ?

I was on my computer about 45 mins ago and I was pasting something had just used ctrl and c the next thing I know is that my computer is now in black and white I have a Nvidia 730 card Im not sure what happened. If I restart or reboot it comes on in color then reverts to black and white*Mad

P.S. after restoring my computer to an earlier time 2 day's ago its working now I swapped hdmi cable's installed a update Nvidia driver nothing worked until I restored to an earlier time

:)

pwdiver, Aug 7, 2017

2. Unexpectedly my windows 10 screen display has changed to a black background with yellow, white and green text.

Original Title: Screen colours changed.

Unexpectedly my windows 10 screen display has changed to a black background with yellow, white and green text. It looks horrible and is affecting my the display of my PrintMusic files. Help!

RichardRevett, Aug 7, 2017
  3. display has lost its colour to black and white

Hello ghania,

It sounds like you may have turned on Color Filters by mistake. Check using the tutorial below to see if you may have, and turn it off if so to restore color.

Turn On or Off Color Filters to the Screen in Windows 10

Shawn Brink, Aug 7, 2017
  4. Dude Win User

Check cable, and verify driver is up to date.

Dude, Aug 7, 2017
  5. bobkn Win User
    I have no idea what might have caused it, but has your "color saturation" setting somehow been changed to zero?

bobkn, Aug 7, 2017
  6. Archie123 Win User
    high contrast mode? in accessibility settings?

Archie123, Aug 9, 2017
  7. pwdiver Win User
    I ended up restoring my computer to several day's before this happened and when it restarted it was fine, I dont know what caused it. I think I hit ctrl-c twice was coping something when it did it. Its fine now

pwdiver, Aug 9, 2017
  8. droidly Win User

Help, I have this same problem. I was also using copy command when this happened.

droidly, Oct 21, 2017
  9. droidly Win User
    pffffffffffffffff WTF I had a thought and it is a fat finger error but that's crazy because it's easy to make this mistake.

ctrl + windows key + c

droidly, Oct 21, 2017
  10. dewest225 Win User
    Windows 10 has a feature to apply a color filter to your screen. The keyboard shortcut for this is Windows + Ctrl + C, and the default color filter is "Grayscale". I inadvertently got into this mode, and to get out of it you just press the keychord again. Or you can go to Settings > Personalization > High contrast settings, then Click the toggle button under "Apply color filter" to turn it off.

*Arrow Turn On or Off Color Filters to the Screen in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

dewest225, Nov 15, 2017
  11. bobkn Win User
    Happened to me, for the first time ever, last night.

The setting survives a reboot.

A little Googling failed to find an official reference to the key sequence. Thanks to "droidly" for pointing out the "fat finger error".

bobkn, Nov 15, 2017
  12. Bree New Member
  13. Display has changed to black and white ?

Thanks...Bro

davidsilau, Nov 17, 2017
  14. Thank you... so much....
    its work...
    I am so great full, after doing many restore...and still come to black and white...
    so simple..just click : Windows + Ctrl + C
    everything get normal..

davidsilau, Nov 17, 2017
  15. jeeva Win User
    droidly
    pffffffffffffffff WTF I had a thought and it is a fat finger error but that's crazy because it's easy to make this mistake.

ctrl + windows key + c

Thank you so much droidly

my window back to normal, with this three simple keys

jeeva, Nov 30, 2017
Thema:

1. Display has changed to black and white ? - Similar Threads - Display has changed

2. Possible to display only black and white

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible to display only black and white: For Window 7 and 10, I would like to know on whether it is possible to display only black and white color or not, which remove all colors on screenDoes anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance...
  3. Possible to display only black and white

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible to display only black and white: For Window 7 and 10, I would like to know on whether it is possible to display only black and white color or not, which remove all colors on screenDoes anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance...
  4. My display gone black and white.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My display gone black and white.: IT IS NOT the color filter setting's fault, because it is turned off. Windows Key+CTRL+SHIFT+B is sadly not working too. HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-display-gone-black-and-white/fbc76ff5-3a57-4c2d-883a-24483b2bca2c
  5. My display gone black and white.

My display gone black and white.: IT IS NOT the color filter setting's fault, because it is turned off. Windows Key+CTRL+SHIFT+B is sadly not working too. HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-display-gone-black-and-white/fbc76ff5-3a57-4c2d-883a-24483b2bca2c
  6. My display gone black and white.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. white board has changed?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    white board has changed?: White board has changed in the last few days. I can no longer import PDF documents for example and some tools appear to be missing. Reloading the app has made no difference. Help!...
  8. white board has changed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    white board has changed?: White board has changed in the last few days. I can no longer import PDF documents for example and some tools appear to be missing. Reloading the app has made no difference. Help!...
  9. white board has changed?

10. Computer display has gone black and white.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer display has gone black and white.: I am this admin for a home netwrk. This computer display has lost all color -- everything has gone black and white. Rebooted and initial display came up in color then switched to black and white. No help in Settings....