Windows 10: Display is turning off once a day

Discus and support Display is turning off once a day in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi! I have a computer with the following configuration: i5 4460, ASRock B85M-DGS, 8Gb ram HyperX, Sapphire Radeon R7 265 Dual-X (with latest video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by viomusicstudio, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Display is turning off once a day

Hi! I have a computer with the following configuration: i5 4460, ASRock B85M-DGS, 8Gb ram HyperX, Sapphire Radeon R7 265 Dual-X (with latest video drivers 15.7.1), SSD Kingston v300 120GB, windows 10 with latest updates and my display is LED Samsung LT22D390 22 inch. Every day, about 5 minutes after I turn on the computer, my display is turning off and turning on after I click the mouse. I put in power options ”turn off display” to never but nothing changed. On windows 8.1 I don't have this issue. Any help is appreciated

:)

viomusicstudio, Aug 26, 2015

2. Check email once a day.... when is that?

I agree that the "once a day" setting is very vague and maybe could be designed better.

The account will be synchronized every 24 hours based on the last time it was synchronized. So if you create the account at 9AM and it finishes synchronizing at 9:05AM then the next time an automatic send/receive will take place will be at 9:05AM the next
    day. If, prior to that, you kick off a manual send/receive at 3PM, then the next automatic send/receive will take place at 3PM the next day, and so on.

Jeffrey Min, Aug 26, 2015
  3. About once a day, my audio turns off, and all video (youtube, vlc) starts playing at a frame every 3 seconds or not all. Fixes itself on restart.

Computer appears to work fine, just all audio and motion video doesn't work. I tried restarting audio, changing to a different source, nothing. I've tried twitch, youtube, vlc, other sites, no video will play. Restarting the computer fixes the problem
    100%. But it comes back about once every 24 hours. It used to be about once a week, then twice a week, then one a day.

CleightonFrancis, Aug 26, 2015
  4. Rocky Win User

Display is turning off once a day

Is that a 12 VDC display? Have you checked the connections to the display?

Rocky, Aug 26, 2015
  5. I don't know. It has one external power adapter A3514. I checked the connections to the display, all seems right. And like I say, on windows 8.1 I don' have this issue. I just recorder my screen, sorry for bad quality, it is a cheap phone. At 3:20 my screen is turning off.

6. Rocky Win User
    Yes, that is the kind of Samsung I have. I had problems where the voltage connector wasn't making a proper connection, but I am not sure what your issue is. Maybe go into device manager and update the drive to your driver.

Rocky, Aug 26, 2015
  7. I look in device manager, I have Generic pnp monitor. I installed samsung drivers, now I have TD390_T27D390 (HDMI). I hope this will repair the issue. Thanks.

Later edit: The issue dissapear. Thanks!

8. Jason45PC Win User

I am aware how old this post is, but I am running on 2 Samsung T24E390's even after installing the drivers via disk and applying them, the issue persists.

Any advice would be appreciated

Cheers,
    Jason

Jason45PC, Feb 3, 2016
  9. I know, Unfortunately this bug has not been resolved. That made me to install Windows 8.1. It seems that Microsoft's does not care about us. I will not buy a Microsoft product in my life.

viomusicstudio, Feb 3, 2016
  10. Jason45PC Win User
    It's annoying that I cannot go back to Windows 7 or that MS have not fixed this... even after half a year.

Jason45PC, Feb 3, 2016
  11. Windows 10 = big fail. Bugs, bugs and more bugs.

viomusicstudio, Feb 3, 2016
  12. Slugger Win User
    I did a search on Samsung monitors and many owners have similar problems. One of the fixes was replacing bad capacitors on the main power board. Try a different brand monitor. This has nothing to do with Windows 10. MS doesn't make the monitors or write the drivers.

Slugger, Feb 4, 2016
  13. Display is turning off once a day

My monitor is brand new and it is working perfectly with other oses, windows 7, 8.1, linux or mac os x. How the hell is not a windows 10 problem? For me windows 10 = garbage. It is not the only bug that I found.

viomusicstudio, Feb 4, 2016
  14. Jason45PC Win User
    This problem does not occur when I use anything else, also I have already tired swapping the PSU's of the screens and I selected the primary monitor to the right, and the problem appeared on the right screen this time. Also whenever it happens, the sound output ID changes from 0 to 4 to 0 to 4 etc.

Jason45PC, Feb 4, 2016
  15. Jason45PC Win User
    I have tried everything possible, and it seems to me that the problem is completely out of my hands, knowing that this is classed as a minor problem, this will possibly take up to a year to fix. I'll just have to wait it out.

Jason45PC, Feb 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Display is turning off once a day - Similar Threads - Display turning off

2. BSOD once a day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD once a day: Hi, my name is Mateo and I've a BSOD on fresh boot generally once a day. I have readed a few post and I made the Driver verifier. It gives me DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION. Here is the dump file, if you can read it I will appreciate a...
  3. this happens once a week. Turned it off this time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    this happens once a week. Turned it off this time: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Anteroxz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/x7zx3d/this_happens_once_a_week_turned_it_off_this_time/
  4. display not turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    display not turning off: i am downloading some large files and want the PC to remain on but not the display i did these settings in my power options but the display does not seem to turn off can anyone tell a fix thank you...
  5. display not turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display not turning off: i am downloading some large files and want the PC to remain on but not the display i did these settings in my power options but the display does not seem to turn off can anyone tell a fix thank you...
  6. display not turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. BSOD once a day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD once a day: I've been getting BSOD relating to ntoskrnl.exe, but I can't pinpoint the driver using bluescreenview. I'm running Version 2004, but I've been getting the BSOD even before the update. I've attached the last BSOD report. Thanks 160817
  8. turn off display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    turn off display: Hi, I have a screen and a tv plugged in my GC. When the TV is off, I would like the corresponding display to be turned off si my mouse don't get lost on a second screen that is not turned on. Normally I would go in the display setting page and turn it off from the...
  9. Display turns off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display turns off: My display always turns off after 5 minutes of whatever game I played. My screen shows that it is sleeping, but I can't turn it on, forcing me to restart. I have set my monitor and computer to sleep after 2 hours. Is my computer over-heating, or can I fix this in my...
  10. Left screen turns off 2 mins after boot once every day.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left screen turns off 2 mins after boot once every day.: Hello all, Recently I have wired to screens up as dual screens, they were working fine at day 1 but after the left screen (main monitor) has started turning itself off completely. As soon as I boot, the screen goes black and I am greeted with the screen startup logo, then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. every once a day it turns on by itself on a computer