Windows 10: Display not detected - What else can I try?

Discus and support Display not detected - What else can I try? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So I read about setting display to Extend I've tried updating the graphics card, looks ok and Device Mgr sez it's working The external display, a TV,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Bill413, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Bill413 Win User

Display not detected - What else can I try?

So I read about setting display to Extend
    I've tried updating the graphics card, looks ok and Device Mgr sez it's working
    The external display, a TV, worked before on Win 7 just fine!

this is:
    Win 10 64 bit Home was Win 7
    HP Pavilion dv7 laptop
    AMD Radeon HD 6300M Series video card
    external display: large TV via HDMI

What else can I try?
    thanks,
    bill

:)

Bill413, Dec 19, 2015

2. What else can I do?

Lets try disabling Advanced Network Functionality.

Go to Start - Settings - Connection - USB to PC.

Check/Uncheck Advanced network functionality and connect your device.

http://www.experiencemobility.net

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Dec 19, 2015
  3. What else can I do?

Does your device have an ID? Check in Start > Settings > About > Device ID.

Pocket PC Mauritius omnia i900 avnya henriett

Linley Meslier, Dec 19, 2015
  4. Bill413 Win User

Update: So I tried a 15 pin D on some other displays and it worked.
    But the TV only has an HDMI input. So do you think an HDMI to 15p adapter would work?

Or does someone know how I can get the HDMI cable to work since it worked in Win 7?
    I tried extend and updating the graphics card.

thanks,
    bill
    this is:
    Win 10 64 bit Home was Win 7
    HP Pavilion dv7 laptop
    AMD Radeon HD 6300M Series video card
    external display: large TV via HDMI

Bill413, Dec 20, 2015
  5. CountMike New Member
    It would take an active adapter to use VGA to HDMI and other way around with not very good results.
    Do you have latest drivers for video card ? TV should be turned on and on right input when turning laptop on.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Display not detected - What else can I try? - Similar Threads - Display detected else

2. Install update for KB2267602/error code 0x80070643 Unable to resolve. What else can I try....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install update for KB2267602/error code 0x80070643 Unable to resolve. What else can I try....: Latest error message:I tried a manual update but could not locate the update In the catalogue. https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=Security%20Intelligence%20Updcate%20for%20Microsoft%20Defender%20Antivirus%20-%20KB2267602%20Version%201.383.215.0What I have...
  3. What else can I do to fix my issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What else can I do to fix my issue?: Today I decided to do a full system reset on my computer and clear all my files. My PC would always hit 100% for resetting, but would always undo changes right after. I've tried everything I could find online and I don't have any other computer to setup an install on a DVD or...
  4. What else can I do to fix my issue?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What else can I do to fix my issue?: Today I decided to do a full system reset on my computer and clear all my files. My PC would always hit 100% for resetting, but would always undo changes right after. I've tried everything I could find online and I don't have any other computer to setup an install on a DVD or...
  5. What else can I do to fix my issue?

6. Windows updates failing , troubleshooting did not help , what else can I try ?

Windows updates failing , troubleshooting did not help , what else can I try ?: Hello everyone Windows updates continue to fail , I only get an error code as the reason. I’ve been to the support pages and followed all the steps to fix this issue but nothing works. I reached step 4 A and try to resolve the update issue in the cnd prompt but says I don’t...
  7. Windows updates failing , troubleshooting did not help , what else can I try ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updates failing , troubleshooting did not help , what else can I try ?: Hello everyone Windows updates continue to fail , I only get an error code as the reason. I’ve been to the support pages and followed all the steps to fix this issue but nothing works. I reached step 4 A and try to resolve the update issue in the cnd prompt but says I don’t...
  8. Windows updates failing , troubleshooting did not help , what else can I try ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Tried everything i know, what else can i try?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tried everything i know, what else can i try?: 100% New build. version 20h2(OS Build 19042.630) Things I have done: Updated all drivers. no warnings or unknowns in device manager. Only Monitor, keyboard and mouse attached. Moved around one and both ram sticks through the slots. Purchased new ram. moved them all around...
  10. What else can I do to fix the corrupt files?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What else can I do to fix the corrupt files?: I ran "sfc /scannow", and it said "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them". I ran "DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth", and it said "No component store corruption detected". I ran "CHKDSK C:", and it said "Windows has scanned...