Windows 10: Display out of range

Discus and support Display out of range in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I decided to change the resolution of my moniter which is normally 1280 by 1024 (that is the native resolution of my moniter) to 1600 by 1200 just for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by handzarekool, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Display out of range

I decided to change the resolution of my moniter which is normally 1280 by 1024 (that is the native resolution of my moniter) to 1600 by 1200 just for amusment. When it chagned, my moniter displayed a prompt saying "Out of Range". I expected this. When I changed it back to my native resolution, the prompt continued to appear. My refresh rate has not changed. How do I get rid of this prompt?

:)

handzarekool, Aug 6, 2018
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

Help, Out Of Range!

Hi,

This issue may happen if the signal from the video adapter exceeds the scan range of your monitor. This may also occur from problematic video card and motherboard.

For us to better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Can you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you've tried to resolve the issue?
    • Is the error automatically showing after booting up your PC?
    • Do you have another display cable to try aside from VGA cable?

As an initial troubleshooting step, try booting your PC in safe mode and adjust the display adapter settings
    by following the steps below:

• Once you were able to boot in safe mode, right-click on your desktop screen.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click Advanced display settings.
    • Scroll down and select Display adapter properties.
    • Click on Monitor tab.
    • Under Screen refresh rate, select 60 Hertz.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Help, Out Of Range!

ty for the try, followed every step and done carefully but still blinking image-black still not found any out of range soon maybe need turn off monitor in order continue use pc, idk which step will use bcz 3 monitors changed within default and current one Display out of range :(

RadePetrushevski, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Display out of range

Help, Out Of Range!

I always using my pc in safe mode as standard user + administrator acc, I tried base video but that doesn't help. this happens frequently isn't good for eyes (half screen+half black) and about refresh rate not fix this issue bcz I currently using 1024x768
    screen with 60hz if get higher or lower still going out of range Display out of range :(

RadePetrushevski, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

Display out of range

1. Display out of range - Similar Threads - Display range

2. Windows 11 Display Won't Go To Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Display Won't Go To Sleep: the screen finally turns off after 15 minutes..this is too long. if i set it for 5 something wakes it up, if i set it for anything else it doesnt respond to it.i did powercfg -requests with none on all. i did a clean install of windows keeping my files only.no hardware...
  3. Windows 11 Display Won't Go To Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Display Won't Go To Sleep: the screen finally turns off after 15 minutes..this is too long. if i set it for 5 something wakes it up, if i set it for anything else it doesnt respond to it.i did powercfg -requests with none on all. i did a clean install of windows keeping my files only.no hardware...
  4. hello! i have a problem with projecting display on windows 11!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello! i have a problem with projecting display on windows 11!: I Have a samsung tv and i want to make a projecting my monitor, to tv and i cannot connect and i see the error Couldn't connect ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-a-problem-with-projecting-display-on/ef697bd0-298f-4760-a81f-47968f60b742
  5. Bluetooth Audio Displaying a Wide Range of Extremely Disruptive Issues via Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Audio Displaying a Wide Range of Extremely Disruptive Issues via Windows 11.: This is a constant issue for me during the last month, and I've seen many others online saying the same thing over the last few years. I'm aware of Microsoft's complete and utter negligence of their end-user experience and the problems caused by their software, but I'm hoping...
  6. Bluetooth Audio Displaying a Wide Range of Extremely Disruptive Issues via Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Audio Displaying a Wide Range of Extremely Disruptive Issues via Windows 11.: This is a constant issue for me during the last month, and I've seen many others online saying the same thing over the last few years. I'm aware of Microsoft's complete and utter negligence of their end-user experience and the problems caused by their software, but I'm hoping...
  7. no display of the color yellow - just a range of greens from light to dark and not the same...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no display of the color yellow - just a range of greens from light to dark and not the same...: My computer does not display the color yellow. Instead, I get a green color. This is true for any application and applies to text or images. I at one point ran the Intel SSD Toolbox Intel graphics board. The problem was fixed until I rebooted the computer. I have not...
  8. Duplicate display out of range with new monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Duplicate display out of range with new monitor: Win10 HP desktop with onboard Intel GPU - 2 display ports and 1 vga. Been using two 23" 1080p monitors in duplicate display mode for months (main monitor display port, second monitor vga). Just replaced the vga monitor with a Samsung 32" using the same vga cable. Works great...
  9. Test Display Color Range Software

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Test Display Color Range Software: Greetings, I see YouTube reviewers talking all the time about the color ranges of various displays. They use a software which looks like this -- [img] Does anyone know what software that is? Or an easy way to find what percentages of colors a display might offer? Thanks...
  10. Test Display Color Range Software

in Windows 10 Support
    Test Display Color Range Software: Greetings, I see YouTube reviewers talking all the time about the color ranges of various displays. They use a software which looks like this -- [img] Does anyone know what software that is? Or an easy way to find what percentages of colors a display might offer? Thanks...