Windows 10: Display problem - menu is hidden behind gray bar of part of previous program is displayed...

Discus and support Display problem - menu is hidden behind gray bar of part of previous program is displayed... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have several computers that have the same problem. At random a gray bar is displayed on top of the current windows explorer but only when it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GeertN77, Aug 22, 2018.

1. GeertN77 Win User

Display problem - menu is hidden behind gray bar of part of previous program is displayed...

Hello,

I have several computers that have the same problem. At random a gray bar is displayed on top of the current windows explorer but only when it is maximized. IT can also be that on the bottom of the screen a bar with a part of the previous active program is displayed.

The only thing that helps is rebooting the computer.

I already tried to update all drivers where possible. I uninstalled all software they don't need. But still the problems persist.

It are all HP machines, 3 laptops and 1 desktop.

Below you can see some screenshots.

Display problem - menu is hidden behind gray bar of part of previous program is displayed... [​IMG] Display problem - menu is hidden behind gray bar of part of previous program is displayed... a4b82ace-c7f3-4eb6-b2fc-cd8c70ceda1a?upload=true.jpg

Display problem - menu is hidden behind gray bar of part of previous program is displayed... 4b1ba54f-f4f2-4a52-afff-3d5feccdd12f?upload=true.jpg

Display problem - menu is hidden behind gray bar of part of previous program is displayed... 25baa132-0106-4e22-8265-6893ca9bf58d?upload=true.jpg

:)

GeertN77, Aug 22, 2018
  2. damtachoa Win User

4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Aug 22, 2018
  3. khoiwin Win User
    Problems with my start menu display (missing apps and grayed texts)

What do you mean?
    Also, I just recently discovered this, and I think I might have something to do with the problem.

Display problem - menu is hidden behind gray bar of part of previous program is displayed... [​IMG]

Display problem - menu is hidden behind gray bar of part of previous program is displayed... [​IMG]

khoiwin, Aug 22, 2018
  4. PDX-Mike Win User

Display problem - menu is hidden behind gray bar of part of previous program is displayed...

Dual displays can't hide primary display taskbar

I have tried the suggestions in the thread "can't auto hide secondary display task bar" with out luck. I have the latest nVidia display drivers and have two monitors attached. I have them set up as an extended desktop, but the Primary display will not
    auto hide, although (this is the annoying part) the programs seen to think that the task bar is hiding, so the very bottom of the program running in full screen on the primary display is covered by the task bar. IIRC win7 and before allowed the programs to
    run full screen when the task bar was NOT hidden but did not cover the bottom of the program.

PDX-Mike, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Display problem - menu is hidden behind gray bar of part of previous program is displayed... - Similar Threads - Display problem menu

2. Taskbar hidden behind other programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar hidden behind other programs: Recently I've ran into the problem where my Taskbar is being blocked/covered by other programs. Some trouble shooting steps I've taken already are, 1. I used task manager and restarted Windows Explorer, 2. I ran CMD in administrator and used "sfc /scannow", and finally I've...
  3. Taskbar hidden behind other programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar hidden behind other programs: Recently I've ran into the problem where my Taskbar is being blocked/covered by other programs. Some trouble shooting steps I've taken already are, 1. I used task manager and restarted Windows Explorer, 2. I ran CMD in administrator and used "sfc /scannow", and finally I've...
  4. Taskbar hidden behind other programs

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Menu bar appears behind or covered by program preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Menu bar appears behind or covered by program preview: I have multiple monitors, sometimes applications get moved to monitors that are not turned on, I used to hover the program on the taskbar and then right click the program preview and then click move and use the arrow keys. Since upgrading to Windows 11 the menu bar appears...
  6. Menu bar appears behind or covered by program preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Menu bar appears behind or covered by program preview: I have multiple monitors, sometimes applications get moved to monitors that are not turned on, I used to hover the program on the taskbar and then right click the program preview and then click move and use the arrow keys. Since upgrading to Windows 11 the menu bar appears...
  7. Display gray scale

Display gray scale: I restored my laptop and shortly after loading all my stuff, i was asked to make a decision about the display. I chose poorly I guess because now it is gray scale and I cant get it back to color. Any help?...
  8. Power Menu Hidden Behind Start Window

Power Menu Hidden Behind Start Window: Hi, I have a curious question and I can't seem to find any information about it online. I've run into a strange albeit minor issue with my Power Menu. It seems to be hidden behind the Start window display.In the screenshow below, I have opened the Start Menu and clicked on...
  9. Display color problems/black behind words

Display color problems/black behind words: I have a black box behind all of my words. In Word the paper is also black. How do I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/display-color-problemsblack-behind-words/70a0bc31-3f95-4368-86e9-0d0b26727559
  10. Problems with my start menu display (missing apps and grayed texts)

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with my start menu display (missing apps and grayed texts): Don't know where to post this so I'll do it here. *sarc Issues: Blurry Start Menu Texts and Icons; 'Grayed' Start Menu Texts; Missing Apps; Unable to change the Start Menu titles Just updated to Windows 10 creators fall version 1709 and it might have caused the issues....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HP laptop has grey bar across the top of the screen