Windows 10: display problems, showing split screen

Discus and support display problems, showing split screen in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Since installing windows 10 on my old dell, i am having major problems. The Computer is very slow, and is probably too old to properly run the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by neil1979, Nov 18, 2015.

1. neil1979 Win User

display problems, showing split screen

Since installing windows 10 on my old dell, i am having major problems. The Computer is very slow, and is probably too old to properly run the new Windows, but the biggest issue is that after a restart, i am seeing a split screen display with a line through the centre of the screen, and i can find no way to get it back to a single display. After multiple more restarts it has gone back to one screen, but i am now getting two again. In case i am not being clear, here is a photo of what i am seeing. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    display problems, showing split screen [​IMG]

:)

neil1979, Nov 18, 2015

2. No split screen in Windows 10

I have a computer I built and installed Windows 10 Pro. I installed my dual DVI output graphics card and booted the computer.

Problem is the monitors are mirrored. I have followed three articles from Microsoft and nothing will split the monitors.

I have gone into Control Panel, Appearance and Personalization, Display, Display Setting and the compute only recognizes one monitor.

One of the articles said to go to CP, A&P, Personalization and click on Display Setting but there is no display setting in Personalization.

So could someone explain to me how to split the screens in W10. The computer I replaced was running W7 Pro and it split the screen when it booted. I have a second computer running W7 and it also split the screen when it booted. Is there a setting, or
    something, different in W10 that needs to be set, or changed. Thanks.

kemperhill, Nov 18, 2015
  3. Split Screen Desktops

You can't do it natively and I recommended an article with solutions:

SplitView Download SplitView 2018 | SplitView

SplitView is a great program that splits windows on your screen and allows you to easily manage and display split windows. The program does not necessarily create two separate displays. But does give the user a much easier way to split their windows and move
    them on screen. Once installed two additional buttons will be added to each window at the top left that can be clicked to split the window.

GridMode
    http://jgpaiva.donationcoders.com/gridmove.html

GridMode is another excellent program and a free alternative that enables users to split their screen into grids. Once split up the user can drag windows into the grids and easily manage windows several different ways. To drag to a grid move the window to one
    of the edges of the screen.

Display Fusion -
    http://www.displayfusion.com/Compare/

Andre Da Costa, Nov 18, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

This happens only in Windows or before (in BIOS)? It could be that your graphics card is failing. You can ask a technician to repair it by heating (reflow or reballing) but it could do it again after some months.

spapakons, Nov 18, 2015
  5. neil1979 Win User
    Ah, that would make sense, thanks for the tip. I was assuming it was an issue caused by the windows upgrade and I read about some compatibility issues between older nvidia drivers and windows 10, but the split screen error does occur on the initial boot up before windows actually loads.

neil1979, Nov 19, 2015
  6. Tooniis Win User
    it might be the driver for the video card. This problem is happening to me too and someone told me that it should be a driver issue.
    look for a driver in you Video Card's manufacturer website.

Tooniis, Apr 14, 2016
  7. spapakons Win User
    If it's in the boot-up as well, before Windows loads, then it cannot be a driver problem. The graphics card is failing. Ask a technician for repairing it.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. display problems, showing split screen - Similar Threads - display problems showing

2. Split screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Split screen: How do I split the screen when playing a game? I want to read instructions from a game manual on one screen and play the game on another.I've tried the split screen button on the top right but the game goes back to full screen....
  3. Split screen observed on external display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Split screen observed on external display: Hi ,I have just upgraded my system to win 11 and observing split screen after restarting the system or while plugging the display. I am using single monitor but screen is getting split...
  4. Split screen observed on external display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Split screen observed on external display: Hi ,I have just upgraded my system to win 11 and observing split screen after restarting the system or while plugging the display. I am using single monitor but screen is getting split...
  5. Have A Problem In "Split Screen Mode"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Have A Problem In "Split Screen Mode": Hello, I want to use two programs at once with one on the right of the screen and one on the left. On the left I want to use Windows Photo. On the right I want to use Notepad. I slide the first program to the right and it jumps so that it displays on the right half of the...
  6. Display error: screen split in two, shifted

Display error: screen split in two, shifted: Hello! I've been getting this same bug since the latest big Windows update a couple of weeks ago. When I boot up, my display will be split like in the picture below. It only happens sometimes, though. Sometimes when I boot up, it is fine. So I usually restart until it...
  7. Split screen display of documents

Split screen display of documents: Sometimes I would like to have a Word document open at the same time as an Excel document or even a non-MS document. Can this be done in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/split-screen-display-of-documents/9ac664b4-e407-4f72-a5bb-ede853e1c101
  8. split screen

split screen: How do I undo a split screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/split-screen/5cec0b91-c7e5-4cb2-abb3-f9471cf5507d
  9. split screen

split screen: how do I get laptop to stop split screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/split-screen/681b761a-5b25-4a3e-ac11-30fd14454f82
  10. split screen

split screen: i have this problem all video splitted to part side by side in kmplayer ,cherome and more .. i dont know i update my gpu drive or win update plz help ty[ATTACH][ATTACH]...