Windows 10: Display requirements

Discus and support Display requirements in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Win 10 upgrade from Win 7 Pro fails due to incompatible display. I am running a 1024x768 display, DirectX 11 (6.01.7601.17514), WDDM 1.1, all of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Three3, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Three3 Win User

Display requirements

Win 10 upgrade from Win 7 Pro fails due to incompatible display.

I am running a 1024x768 display, DirectX 11 (6.01.7601.17514), WDDM 1.1, all of which appear to meet or exceed the minimum requirements. What else could be wrong?

:)

Three3, Jul 20, 2016
  2. D R H Win User

DUAL MONITORS WITH WINDOWS 10

In Settings/ System/ Display, set Multiple Displays as 'Extend these displays'. Programs can then be dragged from one monitor to the other as required.

D R H, Jul 20, 2016
  3. kwdavids Win User
    Dell Inspiron 1545 won't upgrade to Windows 10

The Windows 10 compatibility tester says this Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop is not compatible with Windows 10 because it does not meet the display requirements. The display resolution is much higher than the required 800 x 600 and it is running DirectX 11.

kwdavids, Jul 20, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Display requirements

Fill out your System Specs please.

How to fill out System Specs for tenforums.

See here: System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

Of major interest is the Manufacture and full model number of the computer if purchased or the system board if custom built.

Ztruker, Jul 20, 2016
  5. Three3 Win User
    A brand new display didn't fix the problem. At least I got a much nicer new display out of the deal.

Three3, Jul 22, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    What is the EXACT error message you get?

Ztruker, Jul 22, 2016
  7. Three3 Win User
    It goes through a system check when I start the Get Win 10 process. This is what it tells me. There is no amplification of what aspect of the display system is the problem. DirectX, drivers, and screen resolution all meet or exceed published requirements.

Three3, Jul 22, 2016
  8. bobkn Win User

Display requirements

Probably the display adapter (graphics card) rather than the display itself.

Posting your system specs could save additional back-and-forth.

bobkn, Jul 22, 2016
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Jul 22, 2016
  10. Three3 Win User
    The graphics card is integrated into the motherboard. I guess I could try a new, separate one, but I'm running out of time.

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately the uninstall procedure didn't help.

I guess this computer is staying on Win7.

Three3, Jul 23, 2016
  11. Ztruker Win User
    How are you doing the upgrade? If via the Get Windows 10 icon in the system tray, you could try Media Creation Tool to download Windows 10 and create a flash drive or DVD to install with or create the ISO then you could create the flash drive or DVD to use.

See here: Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation

Provide more info in your System Specs like Laptop model number, video card make and model number, etc.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Display requirements

1. Display requirements - Similar Threads - Display requirements

2. I meet the TPM 2.0 requirement for windows 11 hence i tried to run it but met with display...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I meet the TPM 2.0 requirement for windows 11 hence i tried to run it but met with display...: my pc doesn't meet the cpu req, even tho i have 4C + 8T AMD a12 9720p r7 radeon I have tried install additional drivers for the same from various websits but nothing worked...
  3. Sign In Requirement after Display Off vs. after Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign In Requirement after Display Off vs. after Sleep: I would like Windows 11 to require password after sleep, but NOT after screen time out. This is how I had Windows 10 set up, but I can't find a way to do this for Windows 11. Anyone?...
  4. Sign In Requirement after Display Off vs. after Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign In Requirement after Display Off vs. after Sleep: I would like Windows 11 to require password after sleep, but NOT after screen time out. This is how I had Windows 10 set up, but I can't find a way to do this for Windows 11. Anyone?...
  5. Error "cant open access control editor the activation requires a display name to be present...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error "cant open access control editor the activation requires a display name to be present...: For whatever reason this week i started getting this error "Your administrator has blocked you from running this program cant open access control editor the activation requires a display name to be present under the CLSID Key" This happens when i want to edit files, remove...
  6. Error "cant open access control editor the activation requires a display name to be present...

Error "cant open access control editor the activation requires a display name to be present...: For whatever reason this week i started getting this error "Your administrator has blocked you from running this program cant open access control editor the activation requires a display name to be present under the CLSID Key" This happens when i want to edit files, remove...
  7. Error "cant open access control editor the activation requires a display name to be present...

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Help required with various display issues while using Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help required with various display issues while using Windows 11: Recently last few weeks, I am getting weird things happening on my display when using Windows 11. Notification or menu dialogs remain on the screen which cannot be selected, or some text disappears when my mouse moves over text OR the text scrolls while using Office365 within...
  9. Help required with various display issues while using Windows 11

Help required with various display issues while using Windows 11: Recently last few weeks, I am getting weird things happening on my display when using Windows 11. Notification or menu dialogs remain on the screen which cannot be selected, or some text disappears when my mouse moves over text OR the text scrolls while using Office365 within...
  10. PC requires password before there is any display output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC requires password before there is any display output: Hello,My PC usually takes a few seconds to boot up as I have an SSD installed. However, over the past couple of days, I have noticed that my PC takes significantly longer to boot. The only way I can get the PC to boot and have a display output is by entering my desktop...