Windows 10: Display/resolution doesn't fit monitor borders

Discus and support Display/resolution doesn't fit monitor borders in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi guys Upon upgrading to windows 10 I've noticed that my display size got smaller. screen resolution does not match my screen monitor borders.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Abubu, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Abubu Win User

Display/resolution doesn't fit monitor borders

Hi guys

Upon upgrading to windows 10 I've noticed that my display size got smaller. screen resolution does not match my screen monitor borders. Resolution is currently set to 1920X1080 and I still have gaps of 1-2 cm from monitor borders, resolution doesn't fully fit my monitor as it use to in windows 8.1.

Methods I've tried solving this so far:

- Deleting graphic drivers from windows device manger and let windows set it own drives
    - Playing around with windows global scaling (doesn't help only the icons/apps gets bigger)
    - Installing fresh updated drivers from Intel/Nvidia
    - Playing around with all resolution sizes and options

any ideas on how to fix it?

:)

Abubu, Mar 9, 2016

2. Windows 10 update

After the most recent windows update my screen size doesn't fit the size of the monitor. I have a black border around the monitor. (monitor is 15", and the display is 11" or so)

mikebadura, Mar 9, 2016
  3. JoeoDee Win User
    Resolution problems, please help!

Hello

I downloaded the Windows 10 update last night and after messing around with it for a bit, my resolution changed. I have borders around my screen like my display doesn't fit my screen.

I don't use a special monitor, my computer is just linked up to my TV.

I have tried to change the resolution but its just not good enough...

anyway to fix this or do I need to wait for some type of fix..

Sorry, not the biggest techy person

Any help would be amazing

Thank you

JoeoDee, Mar 9, 2016
  4. ZYW
    zyw Win User

What kind of graphics card are you using? If you have current drivers and applications, there should be a console you can open to adjust it.
    Nvidia control panel is in the pane that opens when I right-click on the desktop and it allows resolutions that fit my screen, that are not necessarily 19x10.

5. Abubu Win User
    "
    Intel® 4600Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* is the primary display driver and NVIDIA® GTX-860M for 3D settings.
    I don't have other options in NVidia control panel just the 3D settings (hence "Adjust Screen Size and Position" or "set native resolution" r not an option)

In Intel control panel under display nothing really allows me to scale to monitor size..

Abubu, Mar 10, 2016
  6. ZYW
    zyw Win User
    I'm speculating but I think a new Nvidia control panel would offer more flexibility. It would offer more than just 3D setting adjustments. If you're using an Nvidia card, it might be better to use their drivers over the Intel. On the other hand, if you are using current nvidia drivers/apps and it doesn't work, you might try downgrading your drivers in device manager, or reinstalling to an older driver. Like installing/reinstalling the drivers that came with the card/pc that are known to work. I don't know what your setup is but I'd have the generic/default microsoft adapter drivers installed and disabled in case you need to boot to safe mode and uninstall anything. (ctrl panel, add display adapter, pick from list, ms generic)
    I'd have the current drivers ready for install before trying it though, in case something goes wrong.
    1. download latest at Visual Computing Leadership from NVIDIA or google "windows 10 NVIDIA GTX-860M drivers" or check Guru3D.com and have ready to install.
    2. reinstall old drivers that you liked that came with card/pc... or
    3. open device manager, right click nvidia display adapter and downgrade driver.
    If that doesn't help, install new drivers from step 1 and hope for the best.
    -

Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit, for software, hardware and security configuration information on your computer. Software license management, IT asset management, cyber security audits, and more.

7. Archie123 Win User
    is it a monitor or a tv? if its a tv can you disable overscan?

edit ... nvm didnt realise it was a laptop *Biggrin have you set your frequency correctly? was it auto detected? what happens if you set a custom res of 1080 and force the correct refresh rate?

Archie123, Mar 11, 2016
  8. Abubu Win User

What is auto detected/recommended is 1920x1080 60Ghz
    Can I go over 60ghz with my laptop? I mean doesn't it suck up all the power / basically just doesn't designed for it?

Lenovo laptop uses switchable graphics Intel as the main display driver and Nvidia for 3d gaming
    That Intel driver doesn't let me do nothing when it comes to monitor scaling

Abubu, Mar 12, 2016
  9. Abubu Win User
    Thanks for taking time of your day answering me ZYW
    already tried various versions of the intel driver and that Microsoft basic display adapter
    if you guys don't have anymore ideas maybe I just roll back to windows 8.1... windows 10 just doesn't sit well with this laptop

Abubu, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Display/resolution doesn't fit monitor borders - Similar Threads - Display resolution doesn't

2. my monitor doesn't display the right resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my monitor doesn't display the right resolution: My monitor is a 3840 x 2160 monitor and is running like it is 1920 x 1080 and won't go back to being smooth and is just all blocky. I don't know if this has anything todo with my signal strength being 1920 x 1080 but I don't know how to fix that...
  3. my monitor doesn't display the right resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my monitor doesn't display the right resolution: My monitor is a 3840 x 2160 monitor and is running like it is 1920 x 1080 and won't go back to being smooth and is just all blocky. I don't know if this has anything todo with my signal strength being 1920 x 1080 but I don't know how to fix that...
  4. Display doesn't fit my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display doesn't fit my screen: I reset my PC, kept my files and reinstalled windows using cloud download. When my PC restarted, the display doesn't fit in my monitor anymore. I tried to adjust the display resolution and the scale to the recommended setting but it still doesn't fit. Can anyone give me...
  5. Monitor doesn’t fit display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor doesn’t fit display: After a small update window 10 My monitor doesn’t fit the displayThere black border on the sides andI already changed 1920x1080 resolutionCan someone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-doesnt-fit-display/351210ee-5931-4f04-b75b-cf03c8062493
  6. screen resolution not fitting with monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    screen resolution not fitting with monitor: i'm sorry if this is a dumb question but i really am in need of help, basically the screen is smaller than the monitor with black borders, i tried to change the resolution from display settings but when when i change to something bigger tha 1600 X 900 the screen turns black...
  7. My display doesn't fit my monitor

My display doesn't fit my monitor: I changed a setting in my AMD Raedon setting and it widened my computer display to where I cannot click on or find anything because it is bigger than my TV monitor I had it perfect where it wasn't going off the screen but I screwed it all up again and my display settings in...
  8. Display fitting monitor

Display fitting monitor: Okay, so I'm a super tech person , but I know a thing or two. My problem is the recommended size or this monitor is slightly to big. If I lower it one size, looks like a squished version of the recommended size. I go to the lowest setting and it fits but is to small for my...
  9. Monitor resolution is not fitting correctly to my screen.

Monitor resolution is not fitting correctly to my screen.: Hello, I would appreciate it if someone could help me find a solution to this problem. My screen resolution is set to 1920 x 1080 (which is the recommended resolution for my screen) but it is not fitting to my screen correctly. There are still some parts of the screen that...
  10. Screen Doesn't fit my monitor (Used to fit)

Screen Doesn't fit my monitor (Used to fit): Hello, i resently played a game that didnt scale properly, so i wanted to change the resolution of windows through the settings. when i switch resolution it always Barely doesn't fit (Screen gets cut off), after browsing through all the preffered resulution options (and...