Windows 10: Display Resolution Issue

Discus and support Display Resolution Issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey there, I'm having an issue with my Dell Inspiron N411z running Windows 10 TP 10130. The screen resolution is very off and everything is bloated.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Michaelvas17, May 30, 2015.

1. Display Resolution Issue

Hey there,

I'm having an issue with my Dell Inspiron N411z running Windows 10 TP 10130. The screen resolution is very off and everything is bloated. I tried going into both Settings and Control Panel and neither could fix the issue. Do you think this may be a driver issue?

Your help is appreciated *Smile

:)

Michaelvas17, May 30, 2015
  2. Naómi Win User

another Display Resolution issue

Ah I see it now... Display Resolution Issue :)

Thanks for finding a solution!

I downloaded but the display driver didn't show up on the list of drivers to hide. I only see the following updates:

"Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709"

"Microsoft driver update for hp psc 1200 series"

"Advanced Micro Devices, Inc - system..."

"Microsoft - Printer" (2)

"2017-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for ..."

"Update for windows 10 Version 1703..."

Not sure why the driver for the display isn't there.

Naómi, May 30, 2015
  3. another Display Resolution issue

Scroll down to the link to "Download the "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package now" and click that link, download, install, run it to Check for Updates, hide any ATI drivers.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, May 30, 2015
  4. Display Resolution Issue

It is most likely a driver issue. My AMD machine (your's is Intel according to your System Specs) had all kinds of issues - eventually I loaded teh AMD beta driver and the display is working.

You could try installing the display driver from Dell (8.1 version should work) or go to Intel and download the reference driver.

Some members have reported issues with Intel RST - not sure if this applies to Display drivers too.

If the install complains about requiring .NET 4.5 - use 7-zip to extract the files from the install and modify the compatibility property on the msi to allow other versions of Windows.

The .NET 'issue' for RST is related to the Dashboard app, not the driver, so I don't think a display driver will have the same issue ... not sure though.

Slartybart, May 30, 2015
  5. bobkn Win User
    bobkn, May 30, 2015
  6. Thanks for posting the Dell link ... it looks as though the tail end of the URI prevented the forum from automatically creating a link.

Tip: for those types of links - use the globe/chainlink icon (next to the smilely) on the post menu to create a clickable link.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/...drivers?rvps=y
    or
    Dell.com Inspiron N411z drivers

* same link - just different text tags
    Michaelvas: Here's direct link to the Dell download page for the display driver
    Intel HD 2000/3000 Graphics Driver
    I think this page is where you would get the driver from Intel (your specs are for your desktop and threw me off for a minute).

2nd Generation Intel Core Processors with Intel HD Graphics 3000-2000
    Since you built the desktop, you're probably savvy enough to verify the hardware and choose the correct driver (8.1 x64/64-bit or 8.1 x86/32-bit)

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Display Resolution Issue

1. Display Resolution Issue - Similar Threads - Display Resolution Issue

2. Display resolution issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display resolution issues: Hi all At my wits end! I came home yesterday to find my screen resolution had altered presumably during an automatic update or alternatively a power cut. I have a 24 inch monitor which handles a 1920 x 1080 resolution. The maximum showing on the device manager display tab...
  3. Issues with Display Resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Issues with Display Resolution: So, I wanted to experiment with my pc's display resolution and changed it from "1366x768(recommended)" to "1920x1080". The display got kinda faded and blurry so i turned it back but the issues persisted. It's not so bad , I can still see everything fine but it is a...
  4. Issues with Display Resolution

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues with Display Resolution: So, I wanted to experiment with my pc's display resolution and changed it from "1366x768(recommended)" to "1920x1080". The display got kinda faded and blurry so i turned it back but the issues persisted. It's not so bad , I can still see everything fine but it is a...
  5. Issues with display resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with display resolution: My screen resolution seems to randomly change from 1920 x 1400 to 1600 x 1200. The former is scaled to fit my monitor, but the latter is what I am currently dealing with and as can be seen using OBS, there is a large portion of the display that is black, but does not show up...
  6. Display resolution issue with multiple displays

Display resolution issue with multiple displays: Edited to add, it wasn't a Windows issue but rather an issue with the software I was using on the second display. Not sure if you're able to delete posts in here, but if a mod sees this post, feel free to delete it. I have an issue where a second display always start up in...
  7. Display resolution issue with multiple displays

in Windows 10 Support
    Display resolution issue with multiple displays: I have an issue where a second display always start up in 800x600 even when it's set to 1024x768 (Recommended) when checking the display settings in Windows 10. Easy to fix though, I simply change it to 800x600 and when being ask if I want to keep the new setting or revert,...
  8. Display resolution issues

Display resolution issues: The normal display resolution for my computer screen is 1920 x 1080. Lately, for reasons I can't fathom, I'll wake the computer up and the resolution will have changed to 1680 x 1050. This produces a stretched, kind of squashed appearance. When I go to Display Settings, the...
  9. display resolution issue

display resolution issue: ok so ive looked ofr answers everywhere and tried a variety of things like removing drivers and re instaling them and making sure my graphics driver is up to date etc. nothing is working. my problem is this. when my computer boots up while connected to my big tv (48" samsung...
  10. Native Display Resolution Issues

Native Display Resolution Issues: I've installed Windows 10 10166 on an old laptop that I've converted into a desktop. I've stripped the entire screen/lcd/hinge construction so it's just the bottom of the laptop (sans keyboard) with a cover, running like a mini-desktop with a monitor and external...