Windows 10: Display resolution

Discus and support Display resolution in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi Since a windows update my display resolution has change from 1024 x 768 to 1366 x 768, when I go into settings-display it shows resolution set at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Neilck, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Neilck Win User

Display resolution

Hi Since a windows update my display resolution has change from 1024 x 768 to 1366 x 768, when I go into settings-display it shows resolution set at 1366 x 768 and greyed out and I am unable to change to the setting I want i.e 1024 x 768, I am using a HP 1730 monitor 4:3
    Any help, suggestions would be appreciated.
    thanks

:)

Neilck, Dec 6, 2017

2. Display resolution

After upgrading to Windows 10, I am left with just 2 resolution options: 1024x768 or 800x600. Both are too large. Any way to get back the old resolution?

GuyCaputo1, Dec 6, 2017
  3. display resolution

Option 1.Try Rolling back if you have an option:

See DaveM and posts:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Option 2. Remove AMD drivers completely and Install the legacy ones from the AMD site:

What you need to do:

1. Uninstall everything of AMD using this:
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/...
    and reboot

2. Reboot.

3. Make sure your device manager shows Microsoft Basic Display adapter.

4. Download the legacy driver from here(You might have to do a bit of exercise to locate the driver:

http://www.support.amd.com/en-us/download

5.Run the Setup and you should be good to go.

Option 3: See if Windows itself has some history of the Older Driver:

Solution by Ken-C here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Please note all the steps need temporarily disabling of Windows update or driver updates so that newer driver doesn't install automatically.

----------

Why did this happen?

http://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2017/11/is-your...

Sumit Dhiman2, Dec 6, 2017
  4. Display resolution

uninstalll the display driver and reboot, should sort it pal.

Also make sure the driver/program is fully up to date *Smile

kingtez1984, Dec 7, 2017
  5. Neilck Win User
    Hi Thank you for reply, it worked and I now have a resolution I can work with.
    Had tried this before but after a short time it reverted back, not this time, the only difference this time is I shut the machine down and repower it up, before I just clicked restart button, on all occasions it showed that I have the latest drivers installed, also when I now go into settings display adapters it has changed from Intel HD graphics to Microsoft Basic Display adapter, I don't understand this, do you?.
    Thank you again for your help, much appreciated.
    kind regards
    Neil

Neilck, Dec 8, 2017
  6. Neilck Win User
    Hi I spoke to soon, it has reverted back to 1366 x 768,*cry thanks for trying.
    Neil

Neilck, Dec 8, 2017
  7. pyramid10 Win User
    The 'latest' is only valuable if the older ones have security risks and the latest mitigates those risks.

In the case of drivers, it may be that the 'latest' is the cause of the problem. Sometimes, the solution is to roll back to an earlier Intel graphics driver that worked.

pyramid10, Dec 8, 2017
  8. Neilck Win User

Display resolution

Thanks will keep trying

Neilck, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Display resolution

1. Display resolution - Similar Threads - Display resolution

2. 2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions: this is the same question as:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-identical-monitors-displaying-different/db9c9d8d-d5e6-4640-9e3b-0c82ad98077aUnfortunately that thread is locked so I have no choice but to ask that question again, so that I could post a...
  3. 2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions: this is the same question as:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-identical-monitors-displaying-different/db9c9d8d-d5e6-4640-9e3b-0c82ad98077aUnfortunately that thread is locked so I have no choice but to ask that question again, so that I could post a...
  4. How can I change the display resolution for an application back to it's default after the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the display resolution for an application back to it's default after the...: I was having problems with an application and ran the ompatibility tool which changed the display resolution for the application Quicken but it wasn't the problem BUT I mistakenly accepted the display resolution that the compatibility tool chose which is much, much too large...
  5. How can I change the display resolution for an application back to it's default after the...

How can I change the display resolution for an application back to it's default after the...: I was having problems with an application and ran the ompatibility tool which changed the display resolution for the application Quicken but it wasn't the problem BUT I mistakenly accepted the display resolution that the compatibility tool chose which is much, much too large...
  6. How can I change the display resolution back for an application to it's default after the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the display resolution back for an application to it's default after the...: I was having problems with an application and ran the ompatibility tool which changed the display resolution for the application Quicken but it wasn't the problem BUT I mistakenly accepted the display resolution that the compatibility tool chose which is much, much too large...
  7. How can I change the display resolution back for an application to it's default after the...

How can I change the display resolution back for an application to it's default after the...: I was having problems with an application and ran the ompatibility tool which changed the display resolution for the application Quicken but it wasn't the problem BUT I mistakenly accepted the display resolution that the compatibility tool chose which is much, much too large...
  8. Display/Resolution Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display/Resolution Problem: Hello, I have a brand new Lenovo IdeaPad Pro 5 laptop with Windows 11 which I bought recently, and I've been facing a really weird problem: I sometimes can't change resolution because the option is grayed out: I enter the display settings, right before the resolution...
  9. Display/Resolution Problem

Display/Resolution Problem: Hello, I have a brand new Lenovo IdeaPad Pro 5 laptop with Windows 11 which I bought recently, and I've been facing a really weird problem: I sometimes can't change resolution because the option is grayed out: I enter the display settings, right before the resolution...
  10. How to set custom display resolution in win10 for external display of 1024x600??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set custom display resolution in win10 for external display of 1024x600??: I have bought an external display from waveshare of 7" with resolution of 1024x600 and my laptop is hp probook 6470b with i5 3320M without HDMI port.I bought usb to hdmi cable but its resolution is 1024x768 and not 1024x600.I tried CRU but it didn't workedofcourse did tried...