Windows 10: Display saturation

Discus and support Display saturation in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a SonySVL 2413Z!E All in One PC using windows 10. When I play some video files the screen goes into saturation. Over bright & contrast. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RJones5, Jul 8, 2018.

1. RJones5 Win User

Display saturation

I have a SonySVL 2413Z!E All in One PC using windows 10.

When I play some video files the screen goes into saturation. Over bright & contrast.

The only way out of this is to restart the PC. All then returns to normal.

Any help much appreciated.

:)

RJones5, Jul 8, 2018

2. saturation?

I'm not sure the condition of your LCD, but if you have saturation at 100% it should look strange. But, I can that imagine if the picture seems "washed-out", upping the saturation is about your only option.

TBH, a correctly functioning and properly calibrated display shouldn't need much adjustment on either side of neutral/zero setting.

Go with what looks good, but know that maxing out settings like "Brightness", "Contrast", "Picture" and "Saturation"/"Color" will hasten the degradation of the components.

Enjoy!

Dr. Spankenstein, Jul 8, 2018
  3. pHneutral Win User
    Windows 10 default photo app, saturates photos additionally when displaying.

Thanks for your reply.

Today I actually conducted my personal experiment, of comparing the saturation between photos being displayed in the browsers (Both Edge & Chrome) and other apps, on three different Windows 10 machines.

Turns out, not just the Photos app, but also Paint 3D and Edge, display the photos more saturated than Lightroom, Photoshop, and Chrome. Lightroom, Photoshop, and Chrome all three display photos less saturated than other apps, as I've now also measured.
    FastStone I've tried too, and it's indeed the same as the Photos app and FastStone.

So now I'm quite confused...I have to think what to do next...

pHneutral, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Display saturation

Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Display saturation

1. Display saturation - Similar Threads - Display saturation

2. My Open Windows keep getting moved to the upper left corner of my display every time my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Open Windows keep getting moved to the upper left corner of my display every time my...: Please Reference: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-please-windows-keeps-rearranging-my-desktop/04ee927e-e4ec-45d1-b6fd-c892aecfc8e9The same issue is happening to me. I'm running Windows 10 as defined below:This is not an issue with icons on my...
  3. Display Becomes More Saturated When Looking At A Dark Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Becomes More Saturated When Looking At A Dark Screen: Every time I go to, for example, a website with dark colors, the saturation on my screen increases slightly before slowly going back to normal on brighter colors. My default color profile is sRGB v4. My device typically has trouble maintaining its color profile, for some...
  4. Display Becomes More Saturated When Looking At A Dark Screen

Display Becomes More Saturated When Looking At A Dark Screen: Every time I go to, for example, a website with dark colors, the saturation on my screen increases slightly before slowly going back to normal on brighter colors. My default color profile is sRGB v4. My device typically has trouble maintaining its color profile, for some...
  5. Why are my colours different saturated when displayed on MS desktop or pdf?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why are my colours different saturated when displayed on MS desktop or pdf?: In Lightroom or Photoshop, the colours are correct. I calibrated my monitor again and updated all drivers. Also, I cleaned out all profiles in MS colour management and use only the one created by x-ray. When I open the exported jpg in sRGB converted from ProPhoto then it...
  6. Why are my colours different saturated when displayed on MS desktop or pdf?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my colours different saturated when displayed on MS desktop or pdf?: In Lightroom or Photoshop, the colours are correct. I calibrated my monitor again and updated all drivers. Also, I cleaned out all profiles in MS colour management and use only the one created by x-ray. When I open the exported jpg in sRGB converted from ProPhoto then it...
  7. Why are my colours different saturated when displayed on MS desktop or pdf?

8. The display of my laptop change colour saturation after opening the notification bar. Any idea?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The display of my laptop change colour saturation after opening the notification bar. Any idea?: Laptop ASUS M413DA - AMD Ryzen 5 + Radeon Vega 8. Only way for solving seems to uninstall graphics driver. Tried Windows update driver, Asus driver and AMD driver. All 3 same problem.[IMG][IMG][IMG]...
  9. Over saturated display since recent Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Over saturated display since recent Windows 10 update: Hi, Since installing the most recent Windows 10 update my laptop's Surface Laptop 3 display has been very oversaturated and the colours have been generally weaker. Based on what I've read that this could be an interference with my display adaptor's driver so I've tried...
  10. General color/brightness/saturation/contrast display issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    General color/brightness/saturation/contrast display issues: Ok, not very tech savvy, so I'll try to explain this issue the best I can. I recently bought a brand new laptop actually bought three trying to solve this problem and colors on this new display just aren't right. I had my old laptop, which was an HP Notebook several years...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. display saturation