Windows 10: Display scaling also increasing pointer speed? Can I disable this?

Discus and support Display scaling also increasing pointer speed? Can I disable this? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just downloaded the Fall Creators Update. I have 3 displays, two 1080p (FHD) monitors and one 4K (UHD) TV, which I use for playing video content and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wintercat, Jan 3, 2018.

1. wintercat Win User

Display scaling also increasing pointer speed? Can I disable this?

I just downloaded the Fall Creators Update. I have 3 displays, two 1080p (FHD) monitors and one 4K (UHD) TV, which I use for playing video content and using my PC from across the room with a controller, mounted directly above the two monitors. All 3 run off a GTX 1070. I've always had the TV set to 300% scaling under display settings so that's it's usable for my bad eyes. The update seems to have added another effect to the scaling, which used to just increase/decrease the size of all UI elements. My mouse pointer speed, or sensitivity, has been increased x3 only on that display. I confirmed that turning off scaling also returns my mouse to normal function on that display.

Is there a way to disable this? I already use a pretty high DPI/sensitivity for desktop use, with so much real estate to cover, and the triple speed makes it nigh unusable for me on that display. I'm going to have to roll back if Microsoft really implemented something like this without making it optional.

:)

wintercat, Jan 3, 2018

2. How to set auto scale feature of synaptic driver disabled on Windows 10?

The "size of my display jumping up and down" means you are viewing text and by resting your palm on the PC while typing, the font becomes very large. Then the font becomes small enough that the entire text can be seen as a tiny blur in the upper left
    corner of the display. When Auto Scale is turned off then there is no change in scale size unless I use "Ctrl +/-". I would uninstall the pointer and use a mouse but I have no surface available. My PC takes all the space.

I only want to permanently turn off the pointer's auto scale feature. I can turn off the auto scale feature but if I log off and reboot then it starts again. I will continue to fight this and search for a "work around". I feel that Windows 10 and my laptop
    are not compatible. Hopefully the engineers can install a pointer where I can permanently turn off this ugly and frustrating feature.

This happens every time I use my computer.

larrylaudig, Jan 3, 2018
  3. Setting custom display size in Win 10?

Hi,

If you’ve enabled scaling and the text in an application is blurred or unreadable, then the only option is to disable display scaling for that particular application. As stated, right-click the application’s shortcut and then click Properties. On the Compatibility
    tab, select Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings, and then click OK.

You can also search "dpiscaling" and change the scaling settings in the display window. In the display window, you can click on
    set a custom scaling level option.

Reply to us if you are able to set a custom display size in Windows 10. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jan 3, 2018
  4. Display scaling also increasing pointer speed? Can I disable this?

FreeBooter, Jan 3, 2018
  5. wintercat Win User
    bumping. Not to be rude freebooter but your response was equivalent to asking if I've tried rebooting. Completely unhelpful.

wintercat, Jan 3, 2018
  6. Well how am i suppose to know that you have reduce the mouse pointer speed you never mentioned it in your post. Do you know there are people who has little knowledge of how to configure a operating system they are using well i do they exist because i help them repair or solve there PC problems.

FreeBooter, Jan 3, 2018
  7. wintercat Win User
    I think you're assuming my problem is something it's not. Please read questions carefully if you intend to try and help. I'm not going to pursue it further; since nobody else had anything to say, I went digging into the official support forums and found a Microsoft response that didn't offer a workaround, so it's essentially an unknown, incidental issue at this point. Marking thread as solved and submitting feedback through the windows 10 feedback hub. Upvote it if you're having the same issue.

wintercat, Jan 3, 2018
  8. Display scaling also increasing pointer speed? Can I disable this?

Have you tried control panel > mouse > pointer options > uncheck enhance pointer precision? I do this to force the mouse to normal speeds at all times and I'm using 150% scaling on my laptop screen.

titetanium, Jan 3, 2018
  9. wintercat Win User
    Yup! Had that turned off already of course. It's positively related to display scaling and it's positively something new with 1709. I don't know if I made it clear, but I get completely normal sensitivity on my 1080p monitors while simultaneously getting busted sensitivity on my 4K TV. If I turn on display scaling on the monitors, I get the same effect as on my TV. If I turn it off on the TV, it goes back to normal for the TV.

I'm willing to guarantee that if you set scaling to 100% or 50% you would immediately notice a difference in sensitivity on your laptop, if you're updated to 1709, regardless of any of the current options in Mouse properties.

wintercat, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Display scaling also increasing pointer speed? Can I disable this?

1. Display scaling also increasing pointer speed? Can I disable this? - Similar Threads - Display scaling increasing

2. Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed: I searched the whole internetI searched all over redditI searched in SuperuserBut I could not find a program or a trick to increase the speed of the touchpad mouse pointer movement speed with the laptop touchpad.I maximized the touchpad speed in the Windows settings and the...
  3. Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed: I searched the whole internetI searched all over redditI searched in SuperuserBut I could not find a program or a trick to increase the speed of the touchpad mouse pointer movement speed with the laptop touchpad.I maximized the touchpad speed in the Windows settings and the...
  4. Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. how can I increase my wifi speed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I increase my wifi speed?: how can I increase my wifi speed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-increase-my-wifi-speed/b2ea3730-bced-46bd-80d1-25ad473bc043
  6. how can I increase my wifi speed?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can I increase my wifi speed?: how can I increase my wifi speed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-increase-my-wifi-speed/b2ea3730-bced-46bd-80d1-25ad473bc043
  7. Pointer Scaling issue when display mirroring with DSR

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pointer Scaling issue when display mirroring with DSR: Finally upgraded to 4k tv when colleague said DSR makes it possible to mirror a 1080p screen on a 4k display. Mouse scaling is not handled correctly when using DSR. Steps to reproduce (Nvidia 1660 Ti):- Use one 1080p screen one 2160p TV.- Win+P swap to duplicate (Both...
  8. POINTER SPEED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    POINTER SPEED: Hello, my pointer is moving so fast and then so slow even when I try to adjust the settings. what should I do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pointer-speed/03534a03-dff6-44f0-8bb6-333626b003f5
  9. How much does the pointer speed setting scale the speed by in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How much does the pointer speed setting scale the speed by in windows 10?: Hello, I need to know how exactly the pointer speed slider setting works. According to this website: https://www.overclock.net/forum/375-mice/173255-cs-s-mouse-optimization-guide.html, it scales the mouse dpi by the following values depending on your setting: 0.03125...
  10. How laptop speed can be increased ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How laptop speed can be increased ?: I have hp-2000 laptop . my laptop was working fine but suddenly laptop working slow , so tell me How laptop speed can be increased ? 58844