Windows 10: Display settings per user

Discus and support Display settings per user in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have several users on my Windows 11 computer. I have two extra displays connected to this computer.This is what I am looking for: for example when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jolanda ter Maten, Dec 7, 2023.

1. Display settings per user

I have several users on my Windows 11 computer. I have two extra displays connected to this computer.This is what I am looking for: for example when user X is logged in, I would like to use only one display, when another user is logged in, I would like to use all three displays. Is this possible?Or, if this is not possible, can I create a hotkey that would turn on/off certain displays?I am using a Stream Deck, but assigning the commands/keys there, doesn't seem to be working correctly.

:)

Jolanda ter Maten, Dec 7, 2023

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Dec 7, 2023
  3. Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Dec 7, 2023
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Display settings per user

How to save a multiple displays settings?

Hi VAinc,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

You may want to answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. May I know the make and model of the PC?
    2. Did you try updating your display driver?
    3. Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

1. Go to settings
    2. Click on “System"
    3. Then click on Display
    4. Move your mouse to the monitor that needs to be set as primary and check the box
      "Make this my main display"
    5. Under "Multiple displays" select "Duplicate these displays"
    6. Then select “Keep this display settings
    Once you make these changes, you may restart the computer and check.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Dec 7, 2023
Thema:

Display settings per user

1. Display settings per user - Similar Threads - Display settings per

2. Make proxy settings per-machine rather than per-user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Make proxy settings per-machine rather than per-user: This setting "Make proxy settings per-machine rather than per-user" exists in Group Policy and is referenced in the Windows Delivery Optimization documentation at this link.When this setting is enabled, Windows will read and apply user web proxy configuration from the...
  3. Make proxy settings per-machine rather than per-user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make proxy settings per-machine rather than per-user: This setting "Make proxy settings per-machine rather than per-user" exists in Group Policy and is referenced in the Windows Delivery Optimization documentation at this link.When this setting is enabled, Windows will read and apply user web proxy configuration from the...
  4. Make proxy settings per-machine rather than per-user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Display settings per user

Display settings per user: I have several users on my Windows 11 computer. I have two extra displays connected to this computer.This is what I am looking for: for example when user X is logged in, I would like to use only one display, when another user is logged in, I would like to use all three...
  6. Display configuration not staying per user

Display configuration not staying per user: Good morning,Our Communications Center has several dispatchers sharing two computers. Each has their own profile and login credentials.One Dispatcher likes her monitors arranged differently than everyone else. So when she logs in she rearranges the displays the way she likes...
  7. Display configuration not staying per user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display configuration not staying per user: Good morning,Our Communications Center has several dispatchers sharing two computers. Each has their own profile and login credentials.One Dispatcher likes her monitors arranged differently than everyone else. So when she logs in she rearranges the displays the way she likes...
  8. Display configuration not staying per user

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. set the default WiFi network per user

in Windows 10 Support
    set the default WiFi network per user: Hello I have a Windows 10 (1903) Home laptop, and I want to configure it so that when user1 logs in, they automatically connect on WiFinetwork1, and when user2 logs in, they automatically connect on WiFinetwork2. Basically I want to set the default WiFi network per user. Is...
  10. Set language per user

in Windows 10 Support
    Set language per user: Hi, Does anyone know if there is a way to set display language (and locale) per user? I change it and it's changed for all the users, system wide. Thanks in advance! 135499