Windows 10: Display Settings Shortcuts Needed

Discus and support Display Settings Shortcuts Needed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Because of my vision I need to quickly change display setting between 125, 150, and 175 as well shifting between portrait and landscape orientation --... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikeincousa, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Display Settings Shortcuts Needed

Because of my vision I need to quickly change display setting between 125, 150, and 175 as well shifting between portrait and landscape orientation -- all without having to call up the Display Settings page.

Example. I need 175% to clearly see the file tree but that is too much for web browsing. There I use 125 or 150%.

Some web pages do not adjust for portrait. Clipping from the right and left is common. The only solution is to turn the monitor, a 23 or so inch HP that pivots on a stand, and change the orientation in the Display panel settings. This is a BIG pain. Reducing Firefox magnification restores the edges, but the letters are too small to read easily.

I have not been able to find a method for creating such shortcuts on the web.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

All comments and suggestions will be welcome.

:)

mikeincousa, Jan 11, 2018

2. menu screen on 6300

go to my shortcuts or display settings to activate standby menu to apply what you need

techbuzzireland, Jan 11, 2018
  3. Abi99 (2) Win User
    Asha 206 - move LINE app icon to the main menu

a) Menu » Settings » My shortcuts » …

b) Display » Home screen » Personalise view » Shortcut bar (if not present, Change »
    Shortcut bar) » Options » Select shortcuts

Did that help?

Abi99 (2), Jan 11, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Display Settings Shortcuts Needed

Hi, addressed here but in C#
    screen resolution - How can I change Windows 10 Display Scaling Programmatically using C# - Stack Overflow

and here for 8.1 in Powershell:
    DPI Scaling in Windows 8.1 via command line - Super User

Note: a registry change is needed, so then the change needs to be applied.
    It may be restarting explorer would not be sufficient as discussed - therein lies a difficulty.
    Change DPI Scaling Level for Displays in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

There may well be a better answer or freeware already 'out there'

Have you dismissed the built-in magnifier?

Display Settings Shortcuts Needed [​IMG]

Then there's this Autohotkey approach to changing resolution not scaling
    Quickly Change Windows 10 Resolution with AutoHotkey TCG

dalchina, Jan 11, 2018
  5. pyramid10 Win User
    One option is to set the OS resolution and use NoSquint extension for Firefox.

If NoSquint is not available as a WebExtension, an alternative is to migrate away from Firefox to a fork that allows NoSquint. With NoSquint, page and font size can be set globally and per site.

I use this extension with PaleMoon; Basilisk, also from the same forker, is approximately more closer to Firefox, but is pre-Firefox 57 and its WebExtension requirement.

pyramid10, Jan 11, 2018
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Jan 11, 2018
  7. I need the highest resolution and sharpest possible. That is why I purchase the HP monitor ( I am thinking about a 4K one).

The magnifier works but it is clumsy and awkward.
    Scripts and registry changes sound risky, and beyond my competence.
    I installed the current no squint but could not get the right click to work.

Sounds like there is no balancing the size of the file tree and the FF browser?

I hate IE but would it work better that FF for my problem?

This is an accessibility issue. Does anyone know how I can get this in front of Microsoft?

mikeincousa, Jan 13, 2018
  8. Berton Win User

As for the "The only solution is to turn the monitor, a 23 or so inch HP that pivots on a stand, and change the orientation in the Display panel settings" part, used to be desktop publishing such as newspapers used such a monitor, don't know if they are still made. There may be the attachments to fasten a monitor to a desk would have that function, I'd check Staples or OfficeDepot/OfficeMax [one owned by the other].

A desktop publishing program I like is Serif PagePlus.

Berton, Jan 13, 2018
  9. pyramid10 Win User
    Code: I installed the current no squint but could not get the right click to work.[/quote] With PaleMoon, a Firefox fork, NoSquint puts an icon somewhere on the browser window to be accessed to adjust the zoom settings.

I don't ever use context-menu to access such settings. But then again, I use menu wizard extension to remove many context-menu options.

If NoSquint still doesn't work, then the default zoom capability, CTRL+scrolling wheel, can mitigate some of the negative visual impacts.

pyramid10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Display Settings Shortcuts Needed - Similar Threads - Display Settings Shortcuts

2. Shortcut to swap displays?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut to swap displays?: NO I do not want to switch windows from one display to another. I need to quickly swap monitors one and two or swap two windows between two different monitors. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-to-swap-displays/1c96e7c0-e9c4-4ccf-a51b-c381c435ee62
  3. Advice Needed on Display Settings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Advice Needed on Display Settings: I got my first 4k monitor and have never had a monitor above 2.5k in the past. Windows 10 automatically set the display scale to 200% after recognizing the new 4k monitor which I get because text is too small to be legible without scaling. However, I bought the new monitor...
  4. Advice Needed on Display Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Advice Needed on Display Settings: I got my first 4k monitor and have never had a monitor above 2.5k in the past. Windows 10 automatically set the display scale to 200% after recognizing the new 4k monitor which I get because text is too small to be legible without scaling. However, I bought the new monitor...
  5. Creating a Shortcut for Display Settings

Creating a Shortcut for Display Settings: I am looking for a way to create a Keyboard Shortcut that switches my display setup for Windows 10 So essentially I am looking for a command/macro/shortcut/bat file that when it's run Screen A becomes the Primary Screen and Screen B becomes the Secondary screen, and an...
  6. "Settings" shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    "Settings" shortcut: Hi I have just reinstalled from the recovery partition on my DEL XPS 9560 W 10 Laptop. All updates have been installed MS & DELL. I would like a few adjustments made, to return it to what I had prior to the re-install. # 1 A Setting shortcut on my Desktop, I cannot for the...
  7. How to set up a shortcut to toggle on/off the display panel?

How to set up a shortcut to toggle on/off the display panel?: My old laptop Asus K53SD has a very interesting shortcut. When I press Fn + F7, it turns off the display but the computer keeps running i.e. it won't log out, lock, shut down or go to sleep mode. I can press any keyboard/mouse key or move the mouse around but the screen...
  8. Need help with display settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help with display settings: I am using File Explorer, and I have a number of separate sessions open, browsing different folders, so I can drag and drop contents from one folder to another. The problem is that the determining the boundaries of File Explorer Windows is very difficult, especially when...
  9. Need help setting up 2 displays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help setting up 2 displays: I just had a new video card installed. And I connected my main monitor via HDMI and second monitor with VGA. Main monitor only gets background photo and the pinned aps on bottom, the second monitor has search box, pinned aps background photo and desktop aps Like normal. But...
  10. How to create a shortcut to the "Advanced display settings" page

How to create a shortcut to the "Advanced display settings" page: I was able to find the URI for the regular display settings page and make a shortcut page but not for the advanced display settings. I'd like it for the advanced display since that's where you change your resolution and I do that often. Thanks 70718