Windows 10: Display Setups

Discus and support Display Setups in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I hadn't thought of this option for the longest time, until this past week when putting a fourth monitor in place. I thought this post may be helpful... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Edwin, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Edwin New Member

Display Setups

I hadn't thought of this option for the longest time, until this past week when putting a fourth monitor in place.
    I thought this post may be helpful for others.

If you have a 'whacky' setup like the mess I've got, you might be inclined to drag your mouse/cursor in the natural direction of the next physical screen, instead of moving in a straight left to right motion according to the default screen array.
    With my setup, it was driving me crazy, so I settled on satisfactory setup then changed the screen schematics.

When doing this, it's a good idea to close all programs and don't have any items on any desktops.

Display Setups [​IMG]

Display Setups [​IMG]

Display Setups [​IMG]

Display Setups [​IMG]

Display Setups [​IMG]

Display Setups [​IMG]

:)

Edwin, Feb 21, 2015

2. Triple Display Setup

I have one Dell Inspiron laptop, and recently purchased two identical Dell 23" monitors.

When I plug both displays in via VGA (through a Monoprice VGA splitter) both monitors work, however they're only detected as a single monitor, and everything is duplicated, and I need to be able to extend the views, rather than duplicate.

I've downloaded the latest drivers as far as I know, and my computer is still only detecting one out of the two monitors as a display. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!!

EthanSwords, Feb 21, 2015
  3. Triple Display Setup

Hi

Open Settings / System / Display.

In the Multiple displays section, use the drop down menu to select the
    Extend these displays option.

Click Apply.

You may need to restart the computer to make the change.

Regards

Ronnie Vernon, Feb 21, 2015
  4. badrobot Win User

Display Setups

How useful is the touchscreen for you? I am sure you still use the mouse. *Biggrin
    Nice setup, btw. *Smile

badrobot, Feb 21, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    Thanks. I'm kinda hopin, when all is said and done in W10, the touch screen will have as much functionality as a tablet; it's kind of half baked in the TP.
    Works good in W8, but I like the edge swipes in W10 better.
    It's nice to get right on top of your work with some applications.
    Still experimenting for now.

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Display Setups

1. Display Setups - Similar Threads - Display Setups

2. Dual Screen Setup: Monitor Wakes with PC, but Won't Display an Imagine Until Second Screen...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Screen Setup: Monitor Wakes with PC, but Won't Display an Imagine Until Second Screen...: As the title says, I have a dual screen setup; one PC monitor, and one TV. Prior to having the TV also connected, the monitor would wake with the PC no problem. Even with dual monitors, it was not an issue. When I upgraded my second screen from a 1080p PC monitor to a 4K TV,...
  3. Dual Screen Setup: Monitor Wakes with PC, but Won't Display an Imagine Until Second Screen...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Screen Setup: Monitor Wakes with PC, but Won't Display an Imagine Until Second Screen...: As the title says, I have a dual screen setup; one PC monitor, and one TV. Prior to having the TV also connected, the monitor would wake with the PC no problem. Even with dual monitors, it was not an issue. When I upgraded my second screen from a 1080p PC monitor to a 4K TV,...
  4. Dual Screen Setup: Monitor Wakes with PC, but Won't Display an Imagine Until Second Screen...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How do you make a laptop display show on monitor during window setup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you make a laptop display show on monitor during window setup?: Hello all,I'm not sure if this is possible, but I figured I'd try here. I currently have a gamming laptop with a broken screen. I'd been using a monitor and treating it like a tower. Unfortunately I had to do a window reset on the machine. However during the setup process the...
  6. How do you make a laptop display show on monitor during window setup?

How do you make a laptop display show on monitor during window setup?: Hello all,I'm not sure if this is possible, but I figured I'd try here. I currently have a gamming laptop with a broken screen. I'd been using a monitor and treating it like a tower. Unfortunately I had to do a window reset on the machine. However during the setup process the...
  7. Windows setup display driver broke

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows setup display driver broke: Hi. My laptop screen has been broken for a while now and I just connected it to my tv/monitor and it works great until I decided to dual boot windows 11 and 10I opened up my laptop and disconnected the cable to the built in display and just closed it bios works and everything...
  8. Windows setup display driver broke

Windows setup display driver broke: Hi. My laptop screen has been broken for a while now and I just connected it to my tv/monitor and it works great until I decided to dual boot windows 11 and 10I opened up my laptop and disconnected the cable to the built in display and just closed it bios works and everything...
  9. Dual Monitor Setup Display Jittering While on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitor Setup Display Jittering While on Windows 10: So, I recently switched from MacOS to windows on my Dual AMD FirePro D700 Graphics Mac Pro 2013. Everything was fine and i installed it without Bootcamp because i don’t want to Dual Boot. I simply just plugged in a USB stick that had the Windows 10 installer on it, and booted...
  10. Dual Monitor Setup Display Jittering While on Windows 10

Dual Monitor Setup Display Jittering While on Windows 10: So, I recently switched from MacOS to windows on my Dual AMD FirePro D700 Graphics Mac Pro 2013. Everything was fine and i installed it without Bootcamp because i don’t want to Dual Boot. I simply just plugged in a USB stick that had the Windows 10 installer on it, and booted...