Windows 10: Display shifted to the right so right part of display is on the left of the screen,...

Discus and support Display shifted to the right so right part of display is on the left of the screen,... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I know my subject is listing many separate issues but I think they might be connected because they all started one after the other, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by broken katana, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Display shifted to the right so right part of display is on the left of the screen,...

Hello everyone, I know my subject is listing many separate issues but I think they might be connected because they all started one after the other, so listing everything that's been going on might give people a clue as to what's wrong.

Last night I turned on my laptop and everything went smoothly. I pass the sign-in screen and as soon as my desktop loads, the screen goes black for a second and when it's back on, the display has shifted to the right, with the right part of it appearing on the left side of the screen. The mouse would move accordingly - if I wanted to get to the right side of the screen I would have to pass it through the far right end to get it to appear from the left. Also, in some parts the icons and letters were appearing broken and glitchy. https://www.dropbox.com/s/f3f7qtknai655qx/DSC_0137_2.jpg?dl=0 I took pictures with my phone because in print screens the display actually appeared normal.

I restarted the laptop and then the sign-in screen also became like this https://www.dropbox.com/s/cd8wm2rrlb088f4/DSC_0134.JPG?dl=0

When I checked the event viewer and the following errors popped up https://www.dropbox.com/s/ajvhjj0eqrzsh9l/Screenshot 2018-07-08 00.44.13.png?dl=0 you can see here, like I mentioned, that in the print screen the display actually appears to be normal.

I decided to do a system restore then, only to have it get stuck at initializing for around half an hour. During this time, the display turned from this https://www.dropbox.com/s/7kmuvm708lrgxff/DSC_0138_2.jpg?dl=0 to this https://www.dropbox.com/s/d1smhz62fin502v/DSC_0139_2.jpg?dl=0

I force shutdown the laptop and this time when it restarted it beeped around 10 times, I didn't manage to count properly because I was taken aback, and then went into blue screen. When I turned the laptop on again I got the automatic repair screen from which I tried system restore again only to have it fail with the unspecified error 0x80070003. Cue another restart, this time it failed to get into windows, no beeping no nothing just a broken blue screen. I unplug the power cord and leave it for a couple of hours before trying to turn it back on again. Back to the automatic repair screen and this time I chose to do a repair, which also failed.

I managed to get into safe mode today and it looks something like this https://www.dropbox.com/s/m5943edhtmba8ch/Screenshot 2018-07-08 16.56.44.png?dl=0

I checked my error logs and there's many DCOM errors since this whole issue started:

DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service ShellHWDetection with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server:
    {DD522ACC-F821-461A-A407-50B198B896DC}

DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server:
    {E48EDA45-43C6-48E0-9323-A7B2067D9CD5}

DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service BITS with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server:
    {4991D34B-80A1-4291-83B6-3328366B9097}

DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service RmSvc with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server:
    {581333F6-28DB-41BE-BC7A-FF201F12F3F6}

DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service TokenBroker with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server:
    Windows.Internal.Security.Authentication.Web.TokenBrokerInternal

DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service camsvc with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server:
    Windows.Internal.CapabilityAccess.CapabilityAccess

DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service lfsvc with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server:
    {08D9DFDF-C6F7-404A-A20F-66EEC0A609CD}

DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service stisvc with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server:
    {A1F4E726-8CF1-11D1-BF92-0060081ED811}

DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server:
    {1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF}

DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service TermService with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server:
    {F9A874B6-F8A8-4D73-B5A8-AB610816828B}

There were thousands of the above errors that were even popping up as I was in safe mode and then I found some others:

Crash dump initialization failed!

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
    and APPID
    {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
    to the user BEL\user SID (S-1-5-21-3516631768-3393012715-1431425722-1000) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52}
    and APPID
    {4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D}
    to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

So, I'm at a loss of what to try to fix because I have no idea where the problem starts. At first I thought it was an issue with the GPU drivers but after the beeps and blue screen I assumed it was a hardware issue. BUT lots of software issues seem to have popped up along with it?? Currently, I'm also afraid to restart because last I tried, windows wouldn't boot in normal mode and I might not be able to get back into safe mode because I don't have the time the press F8 fast enough so I don't want to end up forcing shut downs and restarting in order to get into safe mode.

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to read all this!

Specs:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
    System Model HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC
    System Type x64-based PC
    System SKU A2Q34EA#ABB
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2195 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.09, 1/22/2013
    SMBIOS Version 2.7
    Embedded Controller Version 17.36
    BIOS Mode Legacy
    BaseBoard Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
    BaseBoard Model Not Available
    BaseBoard Name Base Board
    Platform Role Mobile
    Secure Boot State Unsupported
    PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
    Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
    System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.17134.1"
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 7.98 GB
    Available Physical Memory 4.66 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 9.98 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 6.36 GB
    Page File Space 2.00 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys
    Kernel DMA Protection Off
    Virtualization-based security Not enabled
    Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not InstantGo, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
    Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No
    Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

:)

broken katana, Jul 8, 2018

2. Display shifted to right

This morning, when I turned on my computer and tried to access a webpage, the display above the taskbar was shifted about half-way off the screen to the right. I was able to click on the left page margin and drag the page to the left, but it will only
    go as far as my desktop shortcut icons. The portion of the page that displays is not distorted in any way. The right inch or so of the page is cut off, however. I cannot access the maximize/minimize/close controls in the top right corner.

sesquialtera, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Display shifts to right so right part of screen is now on left -Win 10 Lenovo Yoga 2 tablet AnyPen

Hi,

In most cases, this issue is caused by a corrupted display driver. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Can you notice any changes made on your device before the issue happens?
    • Is there an error message displayed when the display shifts to the right?

Meanwhile, we recommend following the steps provided on this article. It contains information on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10 device.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Display shifted to the right so right part of display is on the left of the screen,...

Display shifts to right so right part of screen is now on left -Win 10 Lenovo Yoga 2 tablet AnyPen

My screen shifted to the right - so the right part that shifted off screen appeared on the left. The cursor had to function that way as well.

Restarting the tablet restores to a normal display - but this has happened twice in the last week.

I don't believe I touched anything, I checked to see where my hands were on the keyboard and my right hand was touching slightly the area with the arrows for going up and down with the page up button and page down button right there. I tried to see if pressing
    any combination of those keys did anything -- but nothing happened.

I have a Lenovo Yoga 2 AnyPen 10" tablet that comes with a detachable keyboard and is a couple of years old. It came with Windows 8 and I upgraded to Windows 10 when it came out and Microsoft offered it for free.

I can't figure out what is going on - or how to reverse it other than to restart the tablet.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Justitia_PaxUB, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Display shifted to the right so right part of display is on the left of the screen,...

1. Display shifted to the right so right part of display is on the left of the screen,... - Similar Threads - Display shifted right

2. Left is right, right is left

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left is right, right is left: I want to switch the monitors so my single-screen taskbar is on the left monitor, not on the right. I tried using settings, switching cables, etc., without success. I'm sure that there's something simple that I'm missing....
  3. Left is right, right is left

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left is right, right is left: I want to switch the monitors so my single-screen taskbar is on the left monitor, not on the right. I tried using settings, switching cables, etc., without success. I'm sure that there's something simple that I'm missing....
  4. Shift + A is not working with both left and right shift.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift + A is not working with both left and right shift.: The left and right shift key works with all other letters and numbers besides A. I can use caps lock to get uppercase A. But, I would prefer to use my shift key on A rather than caps lock. I have tried using another keyboard but still have the same issue. I have updated...
  5. Shift + A is not working with both left and right shift.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift + A is not working with both left and right shift.: The left and right shift key works with all other letters and numbers besides A. I can use caps lock to get uppercase A. But, I would prefer to use my shift key on A rather than caps lock. I have tried using another keyboard but still have the same issue. I have updated...
  6. Display shifted to right and right part is on left side. "X" is not on left

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display shifted to right and right part is on left side. "X" is not on left: Display of windows all of a sudden shift to right and right side part screen is visible on the left side. Things get normal after a restart. I am using recommended display setting . Two photos on different dates. [ATTACH] [IMG] please help with the solution!...
  7. DISPLAY SHIFTS TO THE LEFT

in Windows 10 Customization
    DISPLAY SHIFTS TO THE LEFT: Whenever I restart the computer the display is shifted to the left, I can see it starting during the restart, the Dell logo is off center, to the left. I have to go into settings when it's back up then change the display resolution and then click revert to have where I want...
  8. Display Left/Right swapped

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Left/Right swapped: [img] When I turn on my Compaq desktop the display will flicker for a few minutes, then the right and left sides swap themselves. It's as if someone cut the picture vertically and switched the sides. Moving the mouse off the left edge makes it appear on the right edge. I...
  9. Left/Right display swapped

in Windows 10 Support
    Left/Right display swapped: When I turn on my Compaq desktop the display will flicker for a few minutes, then the right and left sides swap themselves. It's as if someone cut the picture vertically and switched the sides. Moving the mouse off the left edge makes it appear on the right edge. I figured it...
  10. Screen brightness different on left and right sides of display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen brightness different on left and right sides of display: I just updated my display driver to the latest from Nvidia. Now the left half of the display is darker than the right half. I tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling, but the problem remains. The driver is Nvidia 355.60 WHQL , and yes my display card in on the list...