Windows 10: Display shutting down in spite of "never" setting

Discus and support Display shutting down in spite of "never" setting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Ver. 1703 update KB4020102. It seems like the computer is shutting down the screen after about an hour of no activity. I checked my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by larrydonline, May 27, 2017.

1. Display shutting down in spite of "never" setting

I have Windows 10 Ver. 1703 update KB4020102. It seems like the computer is shutting down the screen after about an hour of no activity. I checked my power settings (a custom one) and the setting is to never shut down the display. (When I went to look at those settings I found they have completely redone that entire section of dealing with power options. Even though they show the setting of 'never' for shutting down the display there is still an option in settings for 'hibernate' and when I check that setting it said it was allowed. I changed that setting. )

So after checking my settings and finding they are correct at "never", why is my display continuing to shut down. What else can control my display? Can a screen saver or theme write their own rules since they obviously access the display controls. If so that would be a poorly written app it seems to me.

Any ideas?
    Thanks, Larry

:)

larrydonline, May 27, 2017

2. Windows 10 keeps shutting down.

Why does Windows 10 keep shutting down in spite of having NEVER settings on ALL sleep & All power options, including Advanced options?>

Searching Forever, May 27, 2017
  3. Windows 10 crashes

• Brand new desk top computer. The Windows 10 operating system crashes daily, causing the computer to shut down when not desired, even in spite of the preferences set at "never" for the computer and monitor to ever shut off;
    • It reported: Bad_Pool_Header
    • No one has helped me.

SAMUELSPITAL, May 27, 2017
Thema:

Display shutting down in spite of "never" setting

1. Display shutting down in spite of "never" setting - Similar Threads - Display shutting down

2. Automatic shut down settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic shut down settings.: Hello, please help. As my keyboard has stopped responding on start up, and consequently I cannot log in, I want to leave my computer on all the time until I can fix the underlying problem. So where in settings do I find that. It is set to shut down if unattended for a certain...
  3. Automatic shut down settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatic shut down settings.: Hello, please help. As my keyboard has stopped responding on start up, and consequently I cannot log in, I want to leave my computer on all the time until I can fix the underlying problem. So where in settings do I find that. It is set to shut down if unattended for a certain...
  4. Automatic shut down settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. windows 10 shuts down despite power and sleep setting on never

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 shuts down despite power and sleep setting on never: windows 10 shuts down despite power and sleep setting on never https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-shuts-down-despite-power-and-sleep/a08ed333-fbde-4142-a074-300de0b062ab
  6. Surface displays "Shutting Down"

Surface displays "Shutting Down": My Surface Pro is one of the originals. It is running Windows 10 Pro Insider. For the last hour it has been displaying "Shutting Down" with the dotted wheel circulating. If I switch off the power, the same message shows when I repower the unit. Any suggestions for getting...
  7. Windows Update loads on shut-down but never goes to shut-down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update loads on shut-down but never goes to shut-down: When I shut-down my laptop (ASUS with Intel Core i5) the screen says that it is loading the update and then is supposed to shut-down the computer. However, it "loads" for as much as an hour with no shut down. Is there a way to make this stop happening? (I have shut down...
  8. lid close shuts down Pavilion laptop (eventhough settings say never)

lid close shuts down Pavilion laptop (eventhough settings say never): When I close the lid, regardless of any advanced power settings telling it to do nothing, hibernate, sleep, etc, it will shut down. I've looked this up and I can see a lot of people are having similar troubles, but I haven't had any solutions work. I've updated drivers,...
  9. Shut down display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Shut down display: I have a problem and I don't know what to do. How can I get to turn my display to turn off. It did have a power indicater in the lower right corner and could click on it and it would should down now it will not turn off. 120009
  10. BSOD After Never Shutting Down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD After Never Shutting Down: Hello, I've been getting a lot of BSOD after upgrading to Windows 10. At first I suspected that the bluescreens came from having never shut down my computer (it's either in sleep mode or being used). It's annoyed me to the point that I need help. My system was overclocked to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. w10 display shutsdown when set to never