Windows 10: Display suddenly showing everything in Large Style / Font

Discus and support Display suddenly showing everything in Large Style / Font in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just got an update called 'Advanced micro devices Inc - display - 7/25/2017 22.19.128.0' And now my display is showing everything (icons, desktop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jeddie, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Jeddie Win User

Display suddenly showing everything in Large Style / Font

Just got an update called 'Advanced micro devices Inc - display - 7/25/2017 22.19.128.0'

And now my display is showing everything (icons, desktop, Browser, File Explorer) as huge font? Its like it has zoomed in?
    I did system restore to make sure this was the culprit. Sure enough I sat and watched it install, then my display changed?

The resolution has changed. The original resolution does not appear in the new resolution dropdown list?

I have the same display for many years.

Why has this happened? Any assistance would be welcome.

:)

Jeddie, Nov 23, 2017

2. Part of the installed fonts aren't visible on Windows 10

Hello!

Got some huge problem with Font families on freshly installed Windows 10 Pro (Standalone installation of W8.1 to W10 upgrade). After having system set, I'm installing whole font familly (ex. Geomanist, 18 styles), but system sees and shows only 12 styles
    or so. After I remove Font Family (which are 12 styles) from Fonts, missing styles from the Family shows as undeleted Font Family (those which were invisible). I've tries manually installing and uninstalling fonts, some regedit tricks, font manager (Nexus
    Fonts), but nothing works for me. On previous Windows 10 instance everything worked fine. Maybe someone had similar problem? Please help!

Tomek Bijaczyk, Nov 23, 2017
  3. JoE} Win User
    Microsoft Edge Display

Internet displays on Microsoft Edge are too large and I am unable to change them. I have gone to the advanced settings and changed the Reading Style and Reading Font, but nothing changes. The issue just began today and is only occurring in Microsoft
    Edge. If I open in Internet Explorer or Fire Fox, the display is fine. Is there a way to fix this?

4. uayaweji Win User

Same problem here. Did the install today. I rolled-back to the previous driver. Now I can never install another update. The minds at MS are obviously brilliant.

(May the managers of Windows 10 forever roast in hell for not providing a way to skip driver updates)

uayaweji, Nov 23, 2017
  5. Eibon Win User
    Could you explain how to roll back to a previous driver? I think i got it right but the buttons are all grayed out (because i don't have a previous one?)

Eibon, Nov 23, 2017
  6. Jeddie Win User
    Jeddie, Nov 23, 2017
  7. uayaweji Win User
    It's odd you don't have the previous one. Mine was in: Display Adapters -> ATI Radeon HD 4200.

If it's still not there, you can try doing a restore to a previous "Restore point".
    See this.

It takes quite a bit of time as it rolls back the entire OS to the previous update. You get to pick the time you want to go back to. It should work tho (assuming the brilliant minds at Microsoft actually tested it; they may have been to busy figuring out how to get Cortana to be more intrusive.)

uayaweji, Nov 23, 2017
  8. uayaweji Win User

This did NOT work for me. I installed the package from the link (about 30 minutes ago), selected this latest (bad) driver to NOT install, but it did it anyway. (This problem has only been around for 2 or 3 years now. I'm sure MS is much busier with coding Cortana to do worthless tasks than fixing driver installs).

uayaweji, Nov 23, 2017
  9. Eibon Win User
    Thanks you! I was trying to get it done from Display Settings but using Device Manager to rollback the adapter did it for me.

Eibon, Nov 23, 2017
  10. This happened to my WIN 10 PC today 11/23/2017.
    The problem is a driver update Microsoft sent to your computer that isn't really compatible.
    You want to roll it back.

It's easy to roll back. I just did it to my computer.

Go to your device manager. To do that? Click on Windows Button and x.

Choose Device Manager.
    Click on the ">" to expand Display adapters.
    -underneath that right click on ATI Radeon HD 4200 and choose "Properties"
    -click on "Driver" tab.
    -click on "Roll Back Driver" button.

Wait a minute, and screen will go back to normal appearance.

*I've noticed that every now and then Microsoft pushes out updates, usually driver updates that screw up my computer and or sometimes my laptop. The easiest fix is to roll back that one update.

lauraroslin7, Nov 23, 2017
  11. Sijjim Win User
    This happened to 2 Computers at home, too. They almost identical, my family use them.
    First one is connected to TV with HDMI, suddenly no sound come out of TV, in middle of a session. Check connections, see at Windows Panel the red cross at Speaker Symbol: "HDMI Cable dont connected" - i see this on TV connected with HDMI... change cable - do the same. I tryed some others, nothing helps. Ok, maybe Update to Fall Creators help, do it, take some time.
    While waiting to fill loading bar, daughter cry "Desktop is zooming automatic". Went to her PC, check everything, see Windows Update done 5 Minutes ago. Go to restauration, recover the last point, after finished, all ok. 20 Minutes later she cry "He did it again" - some days hate me -.-
    Search at google let me find other sites with talking about "Roll Back Driver" - done and all great. For Safety i forbidden windows to update these drivers again, path found at official windows forum.
    Back to PC no.1 - Fall Creators done. Check sound: same Problem. Ok, now i know the solution, got to Device Manager... button "Roll Back Driver" is disabled, f**k!

Display suddenly showing everything in Large Style / Font [​IMG]

Now i dont have any idea anymore, please, somebody here have a tip? My next work would a new Windows installation from old disk with no-internet.

Thanks for help

Sijjim, Nov 23, 2017
  12. So rolling back the driver fixed one PC but not the other PC.
    Now your Driver Rollback is unavailable on 1 PC.
    This means there are no other drivers to "roll back" to.
    Can you update the driver from your PC's site or the Driver maker's site?
    See this Post in Ten Forum's site about solving problem when driver rollback unavailable:Driver Rollback unavailable in Device Manager Solved - Windows 10 Forums

(I have WIN 10 on 2 different computers and they act differently regarding Win 10 updates also)

lauraroslin7, Nov 23, 2017
  13. peterwi Win User

peterwi, Nov 24, 2017
  14. ____________________________________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________
    Thank you Laura or whoever came up with the rollback solution. It worked on my computer which went wrong on the 24th..

johnwood3600, Nov 25, 2017
  15. littlereview, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Display suddenly showing everything in Large Style / Font - Similar Threads - Display suddenly showing

2. font style

in Windows 10 Customization
    font style: I want to change the font style and cant seem to do it will someone please assist me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-style/632c3918-7b58-4142-b2e4-488253c6f145
  3. Large fonts

Large fonts: I'm trying to run an old app used in the past with windows XP and I'm getting a message that in order for tis app to be able to run I need to switch to 1024x768 resolution which I already did and also to switch to LARGE FONTS which I can't find the way to do it. Any ideas or...
  4. font style

font style: How can I change the font style on the wording under icons on desktop. The letters have the shadow effect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-style/49b52310-bbb7-4d64-9eb4-80838e028c23
  5. Change font style

Change font style: How do I change the font style I want to use? I don't want Times Roman but a different one. How? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-font-style/1adbf05e-327b-4ba2-8358-11e79f77000a
  6. font style

font style: can I change the font style from times on my computer? I want to change the style on things like the time & date and the apps and window headers. can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-style/413692f0-8192-4a03-97b4-914602f83f16
  7. Display Icons, suddenly Large

Display Icons, suddenly Large: Probably my cat, but how do I return icons to their original size? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-icons-suddenly-large/a22752c9-e7f4-4412-8ca9-038ea6601f83
  8. font style

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    font style: i am unable to change font style in my window 10 please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/font-style/a2d88fed-e575-437c-8915-05fa5b5cd875
  9. Change font style

Change font style: How do I change my default display font style to different font styles in Windows 10 1803? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/change-font-style/14ceb101-234e-49f4-ab01-8c880333bbac
  10. FONT STYLE

FONT STYLE: I WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE THE FONT STYLE ( LETTERING ) ON THE DESKTOP ICONS ... AND ENLARGE THEIR SIZE..I HAVE FOND A LIST OF STYLES TO USE BUT CANT GET THEM TO INSTALL OR WORK...DOES ANY ONE KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THE FONT STYLE ?...