Windows 10: Display turned upside-down...again.

Discus and support Display turned upside-down...again. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Once again, one of the kids working on one of our laptops turned the display upside-down. I know how to correct it (Control Panel--Display--Change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Vince Massi, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Display turned upside-down...again.

Once again, one of the kids working on one of our laptops turned the display upside-down. I know how to correct it (Control Panel--Display--Change Display Settings--Orientation--and then choose "Landscape") But I don't understand how they do it. They insist that they were not messing with Control Panel, and that it just suddenly happened.

Can anyone explain this?

:)

Vince Massi, Jun 9, 2016
  2. WHMWhite Win User

computer screen flips upside down

Since latest W10 update onJanuary 6th my screen automatically turns upside down when I click left touchpad button. It also automatically turns upside down when I close laptop down. So on startup again it opens upside down.

Help please!

WHMWhite, Jun 9, 2016
  3. N97 Camera Issue

Bit of a strange one here. On Saturday I took 4 Photos on my N97.

All Photos were taken normally with the Phone in Landscape Orientation.

when I viewed the pictures afterwards.

One was displayed correctly.

One was upside down,

One was in portrait Orientation and when I turned the phone to Portrait, this picture was also displayed upside down. The last one was also Portrait but the correct way up

foxmeister---01, Jun 9, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Display turned upside-down...again.

Cliff S, Jun 9, 2016
  5. You're a genius, Cliff.

Ctrl +Alt+arrow keys does it. Now I can correct it easily.

Now if you can figure out WHY these kids do this without knowing what they did, we'll give you the Dr. Spock award.

Vince Massi, Jun 10, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Maybe they meant to use Ctrl *Start + left & right arrows keys to switch between virtual desktops?
    Or the shortcut does something else in a program, but when the mouse is on the desktop, it changes orientation?

Cliff S, Jun 10, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    or maybe the kids did know how they did it...

Although...

My wife called me a while back, "Honey, my screen is sideways, what do I do?" I said, "Turn the laptop on it's side?" Dinner was a bologna sandwich that night.

NavyLCDR, Jun 10, 2016
  8. Cliff S New Member

You still got food!*Shock
    She loves you*Biggrin

Cliff S, Jun 10, 2016
  9. I suspect that the most technologically correct explanation is: Kids!?!

Vince Massi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Display turned upside-down...again. - Similar Threads - Display turned upside

2. Upside down screen display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Upside down screen display: I have 2 HP laptop computers that both exhibit the same issue. When entering text the screen display will suddenly go upside down. I correct this by entering CTRL,Alt and the up arrow but the problem frequently persists. I talked to a tech person who told me to go to setting...
  3. My screen turns upside down on startup

My screen turns upside down on startup: Each time I restart my laptop, the login screen is upside down. I have to change the display orientation from "Landscape flipped" to "Landscape". But when I put the laptop to sleep, the display orientation remains "Landscape". It started this since I did a Windows update 1...
  4. Screen Upside down

Screen Upside down: Everything on the screen went upside down. It started after closing the new stranger things 3 game.I triered restarting Windows but no help then tried some hotkeys that didn't work either....
  5. screen upside down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen upside down: how to screen around https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-upside-down/5ad1b00d-d35a-43bd-bc9e-2757b3b47a06
  6. Display Upside Down

Display Upside Down: My dog got onto my keyboard and somehow turned the display not only upside down but backwards. Is there a keyboard fix for this to get it back to where it was? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-upside-down/383f07f9-c42d-4350-8cdd-2cd8ac60d8c5
  7. Upside down thumbnails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upside down thumbnails: I have just got a Samsung Edge phone, and when I download photos to my laptop, all the thumbnails are upside down, although the photos are the right way up. This doesn't happen when I download from my 'proper' camera, only from phone. Any suggestions appreciated as this is...
  8. Display is upside down after an update.

Display is upside down after an update.: I have a Dell All-in-One Inspiron 13, 7000 series using Windows 10. It does not flip the screen usually, only after an update. Sometimes I us a dual monitor set up. But only the laptop where the login screen appears is upside down. The cont-alt-arrow method does not work. I...
  9. Display turned upside down

Display turned upside down: How to correct the display picture normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/display-turned-upside-down/1141517d-2ebc-4675-8a97-906e8800d82b
  10. 3D text TURN UPSIDE DOWN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3D text TURN UPSIDE DOWN: I created a 3D text on a picture; however, every time I saved the picture , the picture and text turn upside down; I uninstalled it and reinstalled Paint 3D and did a reset, but I am still having this issue. Please help. I created 3D texts 2 days ago but without having any...