Windows 10: Display turns off after exactly 10 minutes of inactivity

Discus and support Display turns off after exactly 10 minutes of inactivity in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I have used this site before for help with my computer problems and it never failed, but now I can't find the answer, hope this thread helps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by theking25, Dec 24, 2016.

1. theking25 Win User

Display turns off after exactly 10 minutes of inactivity

Hello
    I have used this site before for help with my computer problems and it never failed, but now I can't find the answer, hope this thread helps

I have had my pc for 5 years now, it always worked fine.

GA-X79-UD7
    I7-3930k
    GTX 770

Last week the monitor started to turn off every 10 minutes while watching a movie or playing music. The pc didn't shutted down, only the display turned off and the sound of the movie continued, it didnt even stuttered. So im discarding a heat up of the system. I have cheked the energy plan and they are set to never turn of the display and never put the system in suspension.

I have reinstalled drivers, chequed all conecctions of the pc, everything looks without issue so i guess is not a hardware problem.

I havent isntalled anything new, no new hardware, nothing out of the orndinary
    I guess Windows somehow is not recognizing the energy plan

What can I do to resolve this issue?
    Many thanks

:)

theking25, Dec 24, 2016

2. Display turns off after exactly 10 minutes of inactivity

all is set to never

LabererKamm6, Dec 24, 2016
  3. lacrumb Win User

Did you go to Power options in the Control Panel?

lacrumb, Dec 24, 2016
  4. Display turns off after exactly 10 minutes of inactivity

Welcome to the TenForums

This post is almost a exact duplicate of a post from Oct 2015 on Tom's Hardware.
    Display turns off after exactly 10 minutes - [Solved] - Windows 7

Did you use it as a base to describe your issue? Did you follow the recommendations in that thread to resolve.

If this truly describes your problem and it started a week ago, Window updates were released Dec 13/16 meaning they were likely installed last week. One recommendation was to execute a system restore.

Caledon Ken, Dec 24, 2016
Thema:

1. Display turns off after exactly 10 minutes of inactivity - Similar Threads - Display turns off

2. LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES: My laptop display will turnoff after few min. Computer is up to date. The computer is running but after a few mintues display goes away. I do have 2 external monitors but i need my 3rd, Main Laptop Display As Well! I've been working & researching this for over a month! My...
  3. LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES: My laptop display will turnoff after few min. Computer is up to date. The computer is running but after a few mintues display goes away. I do have 2 external monitors but i need my 3rd, Main Laptop Display As Well! I've been working & researching this for over a month! My...
  4. LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Turn off secondary display after x amount of inactivity?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off secondary display after x amount of inactivity?: Hi there! Currently I have 2 display that I use for work in WFH and I would like for one of display to turn off if I’m not at the computer after 10 minutes but want the keep the other one ON forever. Is this achievable? Thanks! submitted by /u/Grapeflavor_ [link]...
  6. Screen Turns Off After Exactly 30 minutes

Screen Turns Off After Exactly 30 minutes: Hello, My screen on my Dell XPS 9570 turns off after 30 minutes exactly, to the second! even while I am actively using it. Upon using the keyboard or touchpad I re-enter the lock screen, where I can log in using fingerprint per usual. I checked the event viewer logs, and...
  7. Lenovo laptop turning itself off after exactly 3 minutes.

Lenovo laptop turning itself off after exactly 3 minutes.: Hello, I have recently updated my laptop to the newest version of Windows. Since i updated it, if i leave it idle for 3 minutes, it automatically shuts itself off completely, however all apps remain running. I checked every power saving function, all of them are turned...
  8. Windows 10 is not turning off my monitors after 10 minutes of inactivity. WHY?????

Windows 10 is not turning off my monitors after 10 minutes of inactivity. WHY?????: Windows 10 is not turning off my monitors after 10 minutes of inactivity. What must I do to get this fixed???? I do NOT want my computer to sleep, but I do want the monitors to power off....
  9. Help disabling the 'turn off after 1 minute of inactivity' option?

Help disabling the 'turn off after 1 minute of inactivity' option?: I've looked it all up and tried everything, but in the one place I need it, it won't let me press apply so I can't get it to work. This is really annoying and I'd really like to disable it because I use my computer to draw a lot. Please help... 56894
  10. Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity

Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity: I recently updated from Window 8.1 to Windows 10. The upgrade went fairly well except for my laptop monitor turning off after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity. I have changed all power settings to appropriate times. At times, normally after a fresh restart, my screen saver kicks...