Windows 10: Display won't Sleep

Discus and support Display won't Sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am unable to get my display to turn off per the settings I have in Windows 10. Setting now are: High performance PC sleep - never Screen saver - 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BoomerM3, Jun 18, 2018.

1. BoomerM3 Win User

Display won't Sleep

I am unable to get my display to turn off per the settings I have in Windows 10.
    Setting now are:
    High performance
    PC sleep - never
    Screen saver - 7 minutes
    Turn off display - 20 minutes

Is there some factor that causes the display to stay on?

:)

BoomerM3, Jun 18, 2018

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Jun 20, 2018
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jun 20, 2018
  4. damtachoa Win User

Display won't Sleep

4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Jun 20, 2018
Thema:

Display won't Sleep

1. Display won't Sleep - Similar Threads - Display won't Sleep

2. Windows 11 Display Won't Go To Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Display Won't Go To Sleep: the screen finally turns off after 15 minutes..this is too long. if i set it for 5 something wakes it up, if i set it for anything else it doesnt respond to it.i did powercfg -requests with none on all. i did a clean install of windows keeping my files only.no hardware...
  3. Windows 11 Display Won't Go To Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Display Won't Go To Sleep: the screen finally turns off after 15 minutes..this is too long. if i set it for 5 something wakes it up, if i set it for anything else it doesnt respond to it.i did powercfg -requests with none on all. i did a clean install of windows keeping my files only.no hardware...
  4. Display no longer sleeps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display no longer sleeps: Starting this morning, my displays no longer turn off after the 2 minute idle setting I've set in the custom power plan I created over a year ago. It's worked fine all this time until this morning - I know of nothing that has changed....
  5. Display no longer sleeps

Display no longer sleeps: Starting this morning, my displays no longer turn off after the 2 minute idle setting I've set in the custom power plan I created over a year ago. It's worked fine all this time until this morning - I know of nothing that has changed....
  6. Display won't turn on after waking up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display won't turn on after waking up from sleep.: What can I do if my laptop’s screen stays black after sleep? I try to wake it up but nothing shows up on the display no matter what key or button I press. The only thing that works is putting it back to sleep with the keyboard shortcut fn + esc, but when I try to wake it up...
  7. Display won't turn on after waking up from sleep.

Display won't turn on after waking up from sleep.: What can I do if my laptop’s screen stays black after sleep? I try to wake it up but nothing shows up on the display no matter what key or button I press. The only thing that works is putting it back to sleep with the keyboard shortcut fn + esc, but when I try to wake it up...
  8. Primary display won't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Primary display won't go to sleep: I just installed dual monitors for the first time. I have my Windows 10 Home build 19041.928 computer set to "computer sleep never" (file server), and the display[s] to turn off after 8 minutes. The issue that I have is the secondary display goes to sleep as expected, but the...
  9. Sleep and Screensaver won't working when connected to external display

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep and Screensaver won't working when connected to external display: Hi I use a surface pro 7 and when I connect it to an external display with Microsoft wireless display adapter, the sleep and screen savor functions won't work, and the pc and both monitors will be on 24/7. when I disconnect the display it works like a charm....
  10. Display does not sleep!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display does not sleep!: Display does not sleep! Edit found the culprit: Usb connected synthesizer. when unplugged display can turn off. It works properly so i dont know why it does that. I just fresh installed from pendrive windows 10 2004 downloaded from Microsoft. First and only thing i did...