Windows 10: Disply Resolution Changing for no reason

Discus and support Disply Resolution Changing for no reason in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My hubby is very computer illiterate and cannot tell me what he's doing to change the resolution of the screen. When I take a look it's still showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Dirty Butter, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Disply Resolution Changing for no reason

My hubby is very computer illiterate and cannot tell me what he's doing to change the resolution of the screen. When I take a look it's still showing the browser, not the desktop, but the font is much bigger and the screen does not fill up completely. Is there some shortcut hotkey combination he's accidentally hitting?

:)

Dirty Butter, Jul 19, 2018

2. Monitor resolution

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with screen resolution. I will try to help you in fixing the issue.

To help you suggest more steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

What exactly happens when you try to change the screen resolution? Do you get any error message?

The recommended resolution on windows 10 is 1920 x 1080. Change the resolution to 1920 x 1080 and check.

The reason why your display was stretched sideways is because the resolution was in-corrected.

Here are the steps to change the screen resolution:

• Right Click the Desktop and select
      Screen Resolution.
    • Click the Make text and other items larger or smaller link.
    • In the Change only the text size section click the
      drop down menu
      to select the items you want to change.
    Hope the information was helpful

Nachappa C K, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Change resolution without seeing

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below. Check if it helps.

• Press Windows key on the keyboard
    • Click on settings
    • Go to Display
    • Click on Advance display settings
    • Change the resolution (1280x1024 recommended)

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.

To enter into low-resolution mode
    in Windows 10 in change the settings in it, follow the steps given below.

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + F8 before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Disply Resolution Changing for no reason

Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Disply Resolution Changing for no reason

1. Disply Resolution Changing for no reason - Similar Threads - Disply Resolution Changing

2. Change scale or change resolution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change scale or change resolution?: I have trouble seeing print on my new monitor in its native resolution. Should I change the resolution, or should I adjust the scale?Thank you,MP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-scale-or-change-resolution/0d0cc6c8-11e5-4dbd-8bee-75c208377ab9
  3. Change scale or change resolution?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change scale or change resolution?: I have trouble seeing print on my new monitor in its native resolution. Should I change the resolution, or should I adjust the scale?Thank you,MP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-scale-or-change-resolution/0d0cc6c8-11e5-4dbd-8bee-75c208377ab9
  4. NO DATA BASE DISPLY?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NO DATA BASE DISPLY?: Regretted to advise you that's since long I am using MSN MONEY and used to as well. But since SEPTEMBER 01.09.2021 I don't see my Backups Data. When Logging into I read all the times NO DATA TO DISPLAY?????Could you please look into my troubleshooting on My MSN MONEY? Sorry...
  5. NO DATA BASE DISPLY?

NO DATA BASE DISPLY?: Regretted to advise you that's since long I am using MSN MONEY and used to as well. But since SEPTEMBER 01.09.2021 I don't see my Backups Data. When Logging into I read all the times NO DATA TO DISPLAY?????Could you please look into my troubleshooting on My MSN MONEY? Sorry...
  6. NO DATA BASE DISPLY?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Color changing for no reason.

Color changing for no reason.: Alright, Everything's normal, It's dark themed.Let's see the search menu! It's not light!What the hell? How do you change that back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-changing-for-no-reason/98003082-4e43-46bb-9bd1-06a41056c664
  8. Color changing for no reason.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color changing for no reason.: Alright, Everything's normal, It's dark themed.Let's see the search menu! It's not light!What the hell? How do you change that back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-changing-for-no-reason/98003082-4e43-46bb-9bd1-06a41056c664
  9. missing second disply

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    missing second disply: Recent upgrade from widows 8 to 10, I no longer can use dual displays. I've tried to detect in display settings and nothing is found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-second-disply/17df3be4-e364-4ac6-b8bf-94130d28237b
  10. Resolution Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resolution Change: I recently installed a new monitor with 1920X1080 resolution. Windows preset resolutions do not include this particular configuration. How can I set the computer so that it recognizes this new setting?...