Windows 10: Distribute updates

Discus and support Distribute updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Have a computer with three hard drives installed,all running Windows10 Pro. All the drives are controlled with a shutoff switch. So at any time you can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by zplugger, Apr 13, 2016.

1. zplugger Win User

Distribute updates

Have a computer with three hard drives installed,all running Windows10 Pro. All the drives are controlled with a shutoff switch. So at any time you can chose a different drive to run, for example Husband,Wife,Son have there own drive. If husband does a windows update,is there a way to put the updates on other two drives without downloading the updates? Metered connection so data usage is very important to me. Can a file or folder be copied between the computer for updates?

:)

zplugger, Apr 13, 2016

2. What is the distribution process of a WP8 update?

Hello!

Can anybody explain to me, step by step, the process for distributing a WP8.1 update? I'm trying to understand why Orange Romania has not distributed yet the Lumia Denim update to Lumia 925 devices Orange branded. All the others Romanian carriers have already
    distributed this update to Lumia 925, Orange says they have not yet received the update from the manufacturer (aka Microsoft).

The Twitter account @LumiaHelp directed me to the official support page where I can check the availability of this update for a specific country and carrier. But that does not solve my dilema. @LumiaHelp says they have no information regarding the date when
    this update will be made available to Lumia 925 by Orange Romania. I understand that. All I wanted to know from them was if Orange Romania has received this update for testing or not.

I want to know why Lumia Denim is not yet available for Lumia 925 from Orange Romania. Is it because Microsoft forgot to distribute this update to Orange Romania? Is it because Orange Romania is not interested in distributing this update to Lumia 925? What
    party in the distribution chain is blocking this update?

Thank you.

Cosmin G. Petrenciuc, Apr 13, 2016
  3. ugura Win User
    amber update

when the update is approved by operators in your region, the update status becomes "available", and phones can be updated by nokia care centers. but this doesn't mean the OTA distribution has also started.

OTA update distribution is gradual as mentioned in many topics in this forum and your phone will receive the update when OTA distribution for your phone variant starts

ugura, Apr 13, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Distribute updates

Interesting scenario. Normally people would use separate user accounts as you know.

Win 10 can distribute updates across a network, but you haven't got one.

Assuming you mean Win 10 is separately installed on each individual drive, the only way you could possibly only download updates once would be to stop all three updating themselves, somehow keep track of updates being released, manually download them and manually apply them to each individual installation.

If you wanted to try that, I would admire your determination, but perhaps not your decision.

dalchina, Apr 13, 2016
  5. zplugger Win User
    Thanks dalchina
    Would all updates be in the software distribution folder,is there a way to auto apply all after they are in the folder?.

zplugger, Apr 13, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Not that I know of.. sorry. If you were to maintain three identical Windows installations, you could 'simply' copy the whole installation from one to another - if you really thought it was worth the time.

But I guess they are not identical, with 3 different users wanting things personalised.

Bear in mind that for Win 10, there are
    - windows updates
    - driver updates
    - universal app updates
    - and other things like maybe Java, flash player

Not to mention routine program updates.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Distribute updates

1. Distribute updates - Similar Threads - Distribute updates

2. Windows PE Distribution Requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows PE Distribution Requirements: Hello.I have an application I am developing that I would like to distribute as part of a Windows PE ISO.What do I have to do to be able to post the ISO to my website legally, and does anyone have/know where to find specific legal documentation from Microsoft regarding what I...
  3. Windows PE Distribution Requirements

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows PE Distribution Requirements: Hello.I have an application I am developing that I would like to distribute as part of a Windows PE ISO.What do I have to do to be able to post the ISO to my website legally, and does anyone have/know where to find specific legal documentation from Microsoft regarding what I...
  4. Can i delete download files in windows software distribution folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i delete download files in windows software distribution folder: Can i delete download files in windows software distribution its affect os crash or any other software crash please replay https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-download-files-in-windows-software/a21c7c3e-60f9-4a8f-b516-941f06c5afe1
  5. Can i delete download files in windows software distribution folder

Can i delete download files in windows software distribution folder: Can i delete download files in windows software distribution its affect os crash or any other software crash please replay https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-download-files-in-windows-software/a21c7c3e-60f9-4a8f-b516-941f06c5afe1
  6. Can i delete download files in windows software distribution folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Visual C++ Older Distributable locations

Visual C++ Older Distributable locations: Need the exact version. Where can I find a page to download old versions, not the latest versions?Where can I find Visual C++ Redistributable 14.32.31332? And other ones for future reference....
  8. Visual C++ Older Distributable locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual C++ Older Distributable locations: Need the exact version. Where can I find a page to download old versions, not the latest versions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-c-older-distributable-locations/b27bc3c7-ce62-4f46-acbf-e88fa4917b00
  9. how to do drive distribution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to do drive distribution: how to do drive distribution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-do-drive-distribution/d41d00ad-7034-4c7e-8a82-2bbec8884588
  10. Windows Update not Installing the October update. Software Distribution folder is corrupt.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update not Installing the October update. Software Distribution folder is corrupt.: Been trying to fix this for the better part of 3 hours so maybe someone smarter than me can assist. I have been trying to download the October update for like a month now, and every time it fails, giving me error code 0x80070002. I did all the troubleshooting leading me to my...