Windows 10: Distributed COM error--application-specific permission settings

Discus and support Distributed COM error--application-specific permission settings in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have seen some veteran members here post about event viewer messages in the past, in the days of Win 7 and Win 8... with the general consensus not to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by cytherian, Jul 25, 2018.

1. cytherian Win User

Distributed COM error--application-specific permission settings

I have seen some veteran members here post about event viewer messages in the past, in the days of Win 7 and Win 8... with the general consensus not to bother with addressing them unless you're experiencing a functional issue. Is that generally still true in Windows 10?

Generally I like to run a "clean ship" and have resolved a few event viewer messages by correcting a registry entry or deleting a program and reinstalling it. But some recurring ones are a bit more mysterious and I wonder if there's any sense in trying to track them down and correct them.

Case in point, this repetitive entry:
    "The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID XXX and AppID XXX...".
    - EventData param1 application-specific param2 Local param3 Activation param4 {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160} param5 {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276} param6 NT AUTHORITY param7 LOCAL SERVICE param8 S-1-5-19 param9 LocalHost (Using LRPC) param10 Unavailable param11 Unavailable

My event system log has a number of these entries with different CLSID's that periodically repeat. I noticed in the end of the message, "This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool." That leads me to believe that it can be corrected.

Question is, should I bother trying to track down the security permission required and fix it? Or is it just better to track down the program associated with the CLSID or AppID and uninstall/re-install it? Or... should I not even bother and simply accept that Windows 10 events are going to contain some mysterious error entries no matter what?

:)

cytherian, Jul 25, 2018
  2. Brad1953 Win User

application-specific permission settings

Keep getting this error:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}

and APPID

{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}

to the user Brads\Brad SID (S-1-5-21-3608443982-1253113579-1903669423-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative
    tool.

Brad1953, Jul 25, 2018
  3. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

Hi Dmitriy,

Thank you for replying back.

Please visit the link mentioned below and follow the instruction:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by “Amuzeini” replied on December 22, 2013 in the following Microsoft Community link:

Event ID 10016 - The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added
    protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge
    Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/322756

Kindly follow the steps mentioned below to set the security permission using the Component Services administrative tool:

• Press Windows key + R> type dcomcnfg >
      expand Component Services > Computers >
      My Computer
      > DCOM Config.
    • Click View > Detail > Now you will get Application Name and Application ID in right side.
    • Scroll down and find the Application ID {F72671A9-012C-4725-9D2F-2A4D32D65169}>
      Right Click Properties and select the Security tab.
    • Click Customize under "Launch & Activation Permission" -> Click
      Edit -> Add in the account NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM (SQL Server Distributed Replay Client) and set
      local launch and local activation.
    • Restart the application Service linked to this Application ID or restart the server and monitor.

Please get back to us with an update of the issue.

Thank you.

Abhraneil Ghosh, Jul 25, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

How to always allow administrator permissions for a specific application

Hi Lyon,

Windows 10 gives users the ability to customize how they run applications. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to grant administrator permission to a specific application:

• Click the Windows icon on your Windows 10 screen that will open the list of applications. Right click on the specific application that you wish to have an admin permission, click the
      More and click Open file location.
    • A new window will open to the location of the program. Right-click on the program and click
      Properties from the pop-up menu.
    • In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click
      Advanced.
    • In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to
      Run as administrator
      and click OK.
    • The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. Repeat the steps above for other desired applications.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Distributed COM error--application-specific permission settings - Similar Threads - Distributed COM error

2. Distributed COM errors 10005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Distributed COM errors 10005: I reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop and I got "DPC Watchdog Violation" several times. When I open Event Viewer it shows error with event ID 10005. I have the log here:- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider...
  3. Distributed COM errors 10005

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Distributed COM errors 10005: I reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop and I got "DPC Watchdog Violation" several times. When I open Event Viewer it shows error with event ID 10005. I have the log here:- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider...
  4. Distributed COM errors 10005

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the...: Computer tries to boot twice into windows, and on third try runs and unsuccessful repair, and ask to restart or troubleshoot. If I go to troubleshoot then command prompt, run chkdsk on my system drive, it finds no errors to repair but successfully boots afterwards. Here is...
  6. Application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the...

Application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the...: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54} and APPID {15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402} to the user mypc\Sly SID (----------------) from address...
  7. Error: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation...

Error: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation...: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54} and APPID {15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402} to the user LAPTOP-IMN0QC4O\tesla SID...
  8. The "Application Specific" permission settings do not give "Local Activation" permission to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The "Application Specific" permission settings do not give "Local Activation" permission to...: Hi all, recently, my windows 2016 server with 2 SSD disks encountered problems after using recovery tool to do bare metal recover. I can launch windows normally. But some services failure. The error message is as follow: The "Application Specific" permission settings do...
  9. Error 10016 Distributed COM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error 10016 Distributed COM: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160} and APPID {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276} This is for the runtime broker. I have gone to regedit...
  10. DistributedCOM 10016 Errors: "The application-specific permission settings do not grant...

DistributedCOM 10016 Errors: "The application-specific permission settings do not grant...: There are several DistributedCOM errors that appear when shortly after I log-in to Windows and while I am using my laptop. One of these errors is only identified by alpha-numeric CLSID and APPID designations, but others are listed specifically as having to do with Windows...