Windows 10: div li my site navigation menus not working since last week

Discus and support div li my site navigation menus not working since last week in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have a number of sites, about 14, all with a li and dive navigation menu system. Each site is separate. On some sites they still work, and on some... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimjoe, Apr 1, 2018.

1. jimjoe Win User

div li my site navigation menus not working since last week

I have a number of sites, about 14, all with a li and dive navigation menu system. Each site is separate.

On some sites they still work, and on some they only work on the front page/article.

works on this one:
    Crest of a Star

front page/article only:
    BlinkBlink

I have tried both MS Edge and Firefox and I get the same results for both. I don't think its my browsers, but my web host may have done an update as they are moving sites to be secure instead of the old http.

Anything I can do in cpanel ? My browsers ? My sites ? Or is this a problem for my web host to solve ?

Thanks.

:)

jimjoe, Apr 1, 2018

2. Laptop didnt work after installation of windows 10

this is what your link sent me to and it was off no help and the problem was not solved

DianneCrutchley, Apr 1, 2018
  3. RayMC Win User
    Browsers won't access google

Hi Tried this. No difference. Developer tools does not seem to report anything in relation to this.

Details below

<html><head>

<link href="NewErrorPageTemplate.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">

<title>This page can’t be displayed</title>
    <script language="javascript" src="errorPageStrings.js" type="text/javascript">

</script>

<script language="javascript" src="httpErrorPagesScripts.js" type="text/javascript">

</script>

</head>
    <body onload="javascript:getInfo();">

<div class="mainContent" id="contentContainer">

<div class="title" id="mainTitle">This page can’t be displayed</div>

<div class="taskSection" id="taskSection">

<ul class="tasks" id="cantDisplayTasks">

<li id="task1-1">Make sure the web address <span class="webpageURL" id="webpage">Google </span>is correct.</li>

<li id="task1-2">Look for the page with your search engine.</li>

<li id="task1-3">Refresh the page in a few minutes.</li>

</ul>

<ul class="tasks" id="notConnectedTasks" style="display: none;">

<li id="task2-1">Check that all network cables are plugged in.</li>

<li id="task2-2">Verify that airplane mode is turned off.</li>

<li id="task2-3">Make sure your wireless switch is turned on.</li>

<li id="task2-4">See if you can connect to mobile broadband.</li>

<li id="task2-5">Restart your router.</li>

</ul>

</div>

<div><button class="diagnoseButton" id="diagnose" onclick="javascript:diagnoseConnectionAndRefresh(); return false;">Fix connection problems</button></div>

</div>

</body></html>

Does this help?

Thanks

Ray

RayMC, Apr 1, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

It works ok for me is it HTML 5 coded?

Samuria, Apr 1, 2018
  5. jimjoe Win User
    They are all set for html5 in their textpattern preferences, but I have xhtml as an option.

I've tried several version of FF, they all give the same results.

When I made some new sub-domains I noticed .well-known folders appearing. They weren't on my older sites, so I deleted them. Apparently those folders are part of a web host secure file certificate holder.

Seven older sites never had the .well-known folders and their div menus work fine for me.

The five new ones I only see the menus on the front page/article.

I did try uninstalling FF, deleting all of its folders, then reinstalling, no change. I didn't edit registry though.

edit:

I copied and pasted the menus from a working on all pages site to one they didn't show up on, and they still don't show up there. So it doesn't look like a problem with my default.php, for those sites were the menus are not working.

jimjoe, Apr 1, 2018
  6. jimjoe Win User
    I downloaded Opera, and get the same results on the same web sites.

i emailed my contact at the web host to see if they can help me.

jimjoe, Apr 2, 2018
  7. jimjoe Win User
    Okay. All fixed, except for the 'this site is unsecure' messages.

Somehow, even on sites I haven't been to in over a year, the Article type was changed to archive instead of article. Menus are back. Now, just get myself a ssl cert and I'm all good.

And I've changed some of my secuity measures in case my cpanel was compromised.

jimjoe, Apr 5, 2018
  8. jimjoe Win User

Apparently this is a problem they are dealing with and haven't gotten back to me yet.

I did look for free ssl, but its all trial periods of 30 or 90 days. After that I would have to pay.

Is there anyway I can use a permanent free ssl for my hobby sites ? I simply cannot afford to spend much... the ones I've seen cost over $100 per year. On my limited income I could spend ten dollars per year.

Thanks.

jimjoe, Apr 6, 2018
  9. Samuria Win User
    Why not just use free Google blogs you get templates + addons unlimited storage if you want a domain name its £12 a year some of mine Queens Park Crewe

Samuria, Apr 6, 2018
  10. jimjoe Win User
    Because I work there as a volunteer. My domain is free.

jimjoe, Apr 6, 2018
Thema:

1. div li my site navigation menus not working since last week - Similar Threads - div site navigation

2. Significant FPS drops in games since last week.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Significant FPS drops in games since last week.: I have a laptop running Win 11 for a year. I have been using it for occasional gaming without any problems, the performance was always decent and very stable when plugged in. Since last week I have been getting significant FPS drops. The same games that used to run with 50-60...
  3. my laptop been acting weird since last week

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my laptop been acting weird since last week: first off, i'm on v.2004 since last week my 2016 HP laptop started to freeze completely out of the blue, be it watching videos, going through websites, or even when not in use, plugged in or on battery, it just freeze to the point i have to force shutting it down, and when i...
  4. my laptop been acting weird since last week

my laptop been acting weird since last week: first off, i'm on v.2004 since last week my 2016 HP laptop started to freeze completely out of the blue, be it watching videos, going through websites, or even when not in use, plugged in or on battery, it just freeze to the point i have to force shutting it down, and when i...
  5. W10P cannot reachs many sites for the last 2 weeks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10P cannot reachs many sites for the last 2 weeks: Good Morning. I own a Lenovo E540 laptop with the following configuration: IntelR CoreTM I7-4702MQ CPU @2.20 GHz 2.19 GHz RAM: 8.00 GB System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Windows 10 Pro version 1909 Installed 30/12/2019 OS Build 18363.752 It has a...
  6. For weeks since last update, my sound is much quieter

For weeks since last update, my sound is much quieter: Hello.. I searched every where for weeks but I need to ask directly now, what happened to my volume levels? It will show that I selected max volume, but only achieve 1/3 of it, like it is forcing the volume to be lower. The only thing that works is if I turn on OR off windows...
  7. Random BSODs since update last week

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs since update last week: Windows version 1903. Ever since a middle of the night update last week (10/5) the system has random bsods. Also cannot access the system information app, "windows management files may be moved or missing." although running sfc /scannow reports everything is fine. The...
  8. Bluetooth issues since last weeks update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth issues since last weeks update: Morning I have the following devices Lenovo Thinkpad E540 OS: Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18362.113 Acer Extensa 2540 OS: Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18362.113 Nokia phone on Android OS Samsung tablet on Android OS Bluetooth Microsoft Mouse 3600 My issue: Before the update,...
  9. Problem authentication since last 2 weeks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem authentication since last 2 weeks: Dear Support, FYI, I had received complaint from application owners said that they having authentication problem since last 2 weeks. Then they found out the following KB had blocked their basis access using smart card on Internet explorer on Windows 10 1703 and 1803....
  10. Weird 'update' errors since last week now and then

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Weird 'update' errors since last week now and then: Hi all! Since last week I see on most systems here now and then the following in Windows Problem Report: [img] I assume I am not the only one and it looks like a Microsoft-server is overloaded. Is there any way to get rid of those errors? The strange thing is that...