Windows 10: Dll register server failed error code 0x80040204

Discus and support Dll register server failed error code 0x80040204 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Plays video regarding a virus and must call 844-402-1238, but nobody answers phone 46187 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Scuba107, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Scuba107 Win User

Dll register server failed error code 0x80040204

Plays video regarding a virus and must call 844-402-1238, but nobody answers phone

:)

Scuba107, Apr 3, 2016

2. A blue screen appeared with the following: BSOD: DllRegisterServer failed with the error code 0x80040204

Original Title: Error Code 0X80040204

I just clicked on a link to navigate a different website and the following happened. A blue screen appeared with the following:

BSOD: DllRegisterServer failed with the error code 0x80040204

Windows Defender Error Status: 0x80072afc

0x00008CE DLL_DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELLING_PENDING_OPERATIONS

Error Code 0xd800903w3 when starting Windows Defender

Windows Defender Time Out Error code 0xd800903w3.

Error Code 0xd800903w3 when

At the bottom of the page it shows:

Windows HEALTH IS CRITICAL!

IMMEDIATELY CALL Microsoft SUPPORT CENTER: (844) 311-8253 YOUR COMPUTER ID:

A computerized voice is also stating, "Get your computer fixed".

Is this real or a scam? Please advise.

ThunderRoad_999, Apr 3, 2016
  3. mickurey Win User
    windows 10 microsoft security update error code 0x8007007e

i followed all the instructions it gave me however my issue isnt resolved. when i tried to stop appidsvc it said it was already stopped but at the end restarting it gave no issue. also some of the codes gave me some issues. the code to delete all the gmgr*.dat
    files popped a window up saying system cant find the path specified. also when reregistering the BITS and the Windows Update files some of them gave me an error saying "the entry point Dll Register Server wasnt found" and other codes said "failed to load,
    the specified module could not be found". i have all the codes that gave me issues written down and with which issue each gave if it would help any.

Dll Register Server no found

mshtml.dll

shdocvw.dll

browseui.dll

wuaueng.dll

qmgr.dll

Fail to load module not found

msxml.dll

gpkcsp.dll

sccbase.dll

slbcsp.dll

initpki.dll

wuaueng1.dll

wucltui.dll

wuweb.dll

qmgrprxy.dll

wucltux.dll

muweb.dll

wuwebv.dll

i also noticed that the cryptsvc restarted itself before i was prompted to restart it.

mickurey, Apr 3, 2016
  4. Dll register server failed error code 0x80040204

Does this just come up and tell you to call that number because it tells you
    You have a virus and calling that number will fix it.
    What you have to be careful off is that it is not a scam and they will ask you to give you them your credit card details and they will then send you a code to fix it.
    If that is what came up don't fall for it

Read the reply posted at this source
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...4b52e34?auth=1

hTconeM9user, Apr 3, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Where and how did you get that phone # ?
    If you got the virus warning plus the phone # asking you to call, IT IS A SCAM.
    Do NOT call.

davidhk, Apr 3, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Please wait a bit for someone who has the knowledge to fix the " Dll register server failed error code 0x80040204 ".

davidhk, Apr 3, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Meanwhile, just to make sure your computer is clean, please run you installed anti-virus program.
    Also, use Malwarebytes to scan for malwares.
    If you do not have Malwarebytes, use this link to install the FREE version.
    http://filehippo.com/download_malwar..._anti_malware/

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Dll register server failed error code 0x80040204

1. Dll register server failed error code 0x80040204 - Similar Threads - Dll register server

2. Unable to register dll, error code 0x80004005

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to register dll, error code 0x80004005: I wanted to register autoM.dll, but the error code 0x80004005 appeared. I searched for related solutions and executed softpub.dll, wintrust.dll, and initpki.dll. The first two were successful, but the last initpki.dll failed., I can't find any solution, please help. all...
  3. unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5: Every time I install the application, a pop up always appears "unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5",Why is this?...
  4. unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5: Every time I install the application, a pop up always appears "unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5",Why is this?...
  5. unable to register the dll/ocx regsvr32 failed with exit code 0x5

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. The module failed to load. My .dll file is failing to register.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The module failed to load. My .dll file is failing to register.: I'm trying to register a .dll file. I've put this file into windows\system32 folder and tried registering. It is a 64 bit so then I moved it to the windows\SysWOW64 folder and it still failed. I've ran it through an elevated command prompt as well. It still does not work....
  7. The module failed to load. My .dll file is failing to register.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The module failed to load. My .dll file is failing to register.: I'm trying to register a .dll file. I've put this file into windows\system32 folder and tried registering. It is a 64 bit so then I moved it to the windows\SysWOW64 folder and it still failed. I've ran it through an elevated command prompt as well. It still does not work....
  8. The module failed to load. My .dll file is failing to register.

9. AMD64.dll failed to register

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    AMD64.dll failed to register: hii, can any one help I'm tryingbto install cst studio suite student 2019 version but during installion a error occures as: Error 1904.C:\program filesx86 CST STUDIO SUITE 2019\AMD64\CSTInfo_AMD64.dll failed to register i spent almost 3 hrs surfing the youtube please give...
  10. Error from old software: Failed to register the DLL's

Error from old software: Failed to register the DLL's: I have an old software title that will not work on the new Win10. It seems to install OK, but when I reboot and start the program, the error message is: Failed to register the DLL's that the program requires. Is there a fix for this? The software is Xara Webstyle. 26873
Tags: