Windows 10: DLNA problem

Discus and support DLNA problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there I have TWO sets of media servers that use DLNA so remote devices will connect - specifically Smart TV's. Two computers BOTH running W10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Aug 6, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

DLNA problem

Hi there

I have TWO sets of media servers that use DLNA so remote devices will connect - specifically Smart TV's.

Two computers BOTH running W10 RTM Pro with same firewall settings etc.

The remote devices should see 4 Servers in the DLNA menu 2 X Audio and 2 X Video servers.

The remote devices sometimes only show 2 - a reboot of the other machine sometimes (but not always) fixes it. It's always the servers from THE SAME machine that are the problem.

Seems to me Windows Networking is STILL a bit broken. !!!!

Media servers are MEZZMO (video) and Logitech Media server (Audio). Mezzmo while it CAN also serve as an Audio server doesn't "Do FLAC" which is the format I have 99% of my music in so I use the LMS server which works perfectly for FLAC.

I have 2 sets of servers as I let visitors etc use another set of libraries to my own set - especially if kids are visiting. Isolating the two machines is far easier than setting up a common system and messing about with folder accesses etc.

Disk HDD space is cheap enough even if I have some duplication here - in any case it works as a partial backup so it's not all bad to do it this way.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 6, 2015

2. DLNA in Windows 10

I'm having the exact opposite problem. I have a DLNA server in my house, but cannot find a DECENT DLNA player/client that runs on my Windows machine. I need to be able to stream from the DLNA server TO my Windows desktop, not the other way around. So
    far, I haven't found any DLNA clients that are easy to use, only DLNA servers.

JamesKaufman, Aug 6, 2015
  3. G1User Win User
    Windows Media Player - DLNA Server Issues

That's the issue with problem 2 though. I have to constantly turn the DLNA server back on and reconfigure it.

When the DLNA server is off, no servers display. When it is on, the actual and duplicate DLNA servers display.

G1User, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

DLNA problem

1. DLNA problem - Similar Threads - DLNA problem

2. How to Allow or Block DLNA Device in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Allow or Block DLNA Device in Windows 11: [IMG]In this post, we will show you how to allow or block or Remove a DLNA Device in Windows 11. When it comes down to the Windows 11 operating system, it is possible to share media from personal folders such as Videos, Playlists, Pictures, Music, and more to another computer...
  3. Microsoft DLNA user agent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft DLNA user agent: Hi there,I have a question regarding the Microsoft-DLNA DLNADOC/1.50 User-Agent. I am monitoring network traffic in my environment and I have noticed repeated requests of the following nature:"GET /icon_sample.jpg HTTP/1.1 Connection: Keep-Alive User-Agent: User-Agent:...
  4. Microsoft DLNA user agent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft DLNA user agent: Hi there,I have a question regarding the Microsoft-DLNA DLNADOC/1.50 User-Agent. I am monitoring network traffic in my environment and I have noticed repeated requests of the following nature:"GET /icon_sample.jpg HTTP/1.1 Connection: Keep-Alive User-Agent: User-Agent:...
  5. Microsoft DLNA user agent

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. DLNA stopped working after upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DLNA stopped working after upgrading to Windows 11: I had the DLNA server working on my Windows desktop Media Streaming Options were turned on, all folders of interest added to the Video library on Windows 10 Home. I was using VLC on my iPhone same home network to play videos on my phone.I have upgraded to Windows 11 22H2,...
  7. DLNA stopped working after upgrading to Windows 11

DLNA stopped working after upgrading to Windows 11: I had the DLNA server working on my Windows desktop Media Streaming Options were turned on, all folders of interest added to the Video library on Windows 10 Home. I was using VLC on my iPhone same home network to play videos on my phone.I have upgraded to Windows 11 22H2,...
  8. Media streaming options DLNA server having problem to share media file with my Smart TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media streaming options DLNA server having problem to share media file with my Smart TV: Hello,I have Windows 11 Home, and the media streaming options are giving me trouble.My issue is that even with "Media streaming options" enabled, I am unable to share the media file through my laptop. If you know why this is, please assist me.Through an Ethernet wire, my...
  9. Media streaming options DLNA server having problem to share media file with my Smart TV

Media streaming options DLNA server having problem to share media file with my Smart TV: Hello,I have Windows 11 Home, and the media streaming options are giving me trouble.My issue is that even with "Media streaming options" enabled, I am unable to share the media file through my laptop. If you know why this is, please assist me.Through an Ethernet wire, my...
  10. Plex Video streamer (DLNA) - Any problems ?? on W10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Plex Video streamer (DLNA) - Any problems ?? on W10: Hi there Anybody using a DECENT DLNA video streamer from W10 -- I've been using PLEX (on Windows and Linux) but before I start creating new movie libraries etc on W10 does it work. I stream to a Blu Ray LG smart player (BD440) and the odd Samsung TV or two. I think...