Windows 10: DLNA/UPnP - Folders not showing on remote device?

Discus and support DLNA/UPnP - Folders not showing on remote device? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently upgraded to Windows 10. I have a homegroup setup on my home network which allows me to share the music files stored on my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JaFool1, Aug 16, 2015.

1. JaFool1 Win User

DLNA/UPnP - Folders not showing on remote device?

Hi,

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10. I have a homegroup setup on my home network which allows me to share the music files stored on my PC with phones & tablets etc for streaming.

Since the upgrade when I access the files using Apps like BubbleUPnP or MConnect the music files are all shown in one giant folder rather than being sorted into the sub folders (Artist, Album etc) as it is on my PC.

This problem has only occurred since upgrading to 10. I reverted to 7 to check and everything went back to normal.

Any ideas? Is there a setting or checkbox I am missing?

Cheers

:)

JaFool1, Aug 16, 2015

2. Home Media (uPnP Client) N8?

^^^ Good spot. However a uPnP/DLNA client will do much more than this. In particular, on the N82 you could use the phone as a remote control, to tell another uPnP client in the house (such as a player connected to a hifi system) to play media from a uPnP
    server.

I always thought this was one of the coolest features of the N82.

telford_mike---01, Aug 16, 2015
  3. petrib Win User
    N97 and DLNA

DLNA from a technical point of view is, more or less, the same thing as UPnP. DLNA is an organization with recommendations and product certification, where a requirement for certification is compliance with UPnP technology and other things.

petrib, Aug 16, 2015
Thema:

DLNA/UPnP - Folders not showing on remote device?

1. DLNA/UPnP - Folders not showing on remote device? - Similar Threads - DLNA UPnP Folders

2. DLNA Folders disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DLNA Folders disappeared: I have had a DLNA media server set up on my Windows 10 PC for a couple of years. A few days ago my folders disappeared from view. I can see my video files, but just all clumped together. When I look for my folders, they are gone. Files are visible, but folders are gone. I...
  3. DLNA UPnP errors while streaming video

DLNA UPnP errors while streaming video: Windows 20H2 19042.867 But I have had the problem for years. Get the same problem of random freezes with Serviio and Emby. Can go weeks without a problem and then a day or 2 of random freezes. Excerpt from Emby log from a freeze: Code: 2021-03-30 18:06:33.204 Error...
  4. Select folders for media streaming options with DLNA

Select folders for media streaming options with DLNA: Hi, I am trying to setup media streaming to allow me to stream media content from my device to a player on my network using DLNA. The actual DLNA server is working and appearing, and the player device can connect to it fine. However, none of my media is appearing in the...
  5. How to enable upnp

How to enable upnp: Hi, I'm trying to find help on enabling upnp on pc I run windows 10, I've tried everything but nothing seems to work pls and thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-upnp/da062bae-af34-496a-8704-1e460358c611
  6. DLNA Media Sharing not showing files in moved folders

DLNA Media Sharing not showing files in moved folders: Hello guys, I am having a problem with a windows media streaming service. All devices can see and access the libraries, but they appear to be empty. After some troubleshooting i found out, that only libraries, which are in their default locations C:\Users\%username%\... are...
  7. Media Player DLNA show metadata

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Player DLNA show metadata: Dear Microsoft, Can you help me, Media Player show metadata on DLNA in my network. Can i change show the file name or other title. I can rename the file on my PC (DLNA server) in Media Player application but the other device not change the name. Thank you...
  8. DLNA - Playlists

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DLNA - Playlists: We Have a Samsung TV which supports DLNA & we use it extensively to stream videos and music from our Windows 10 PC to our Samsung TV. We have a growing library to stream and would like to create Playlists. Playlists can be created in Windows Media Player but, my question is,...
  9. UPnP feature

UPnP feature: Hi all, I got a feature called UPnP on my router device and its is default enabled. I did some research on it and came to know users make it use for media streaming and gaming consoles like Xbox and PS3 and other stuff.I have found some tools like UPnP tester and UPnp...
  10. WMP does not stream to networked DLNA devices

WMP does not stream to networked DLNA devices: I have two Windows 10 PCs (call them PC-A and PC-B) on a hard-wired home network which includes two DLNA devices, a music player and a TV. Both PCs were recently upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate x64 to Windows 10 Pro x64 and both are set up to stream media to the DLNA devices...