Windows 10: DM Log tool problem

Discus and support DM Log tool problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have BSOD crashes every couple hours. It is not a heat issue. My screen either goes to the BSOD screen ot it just goes black and restarts. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lenberman, Feb 26, 2018.

1. lenberman Win User

DM Log tool problem

I have BSOD crashes every couple hours. It is not a heat issue. My screen either goes to the BSOD screen ot it just goes black and restarts. I have tried to run the dm log tool and when I do it results in two files on my desktop, one is temp.txt, the other is xxx zipIt.vbs. I have tried to send them in for examination but I am always told by your group that something didn't work right. I have attached them both to this inquiry. Please help my crashed are happening up to 4 times a day.
    Len

:)

lenberman, Feb 26, 2018

2. WIN 10 BSOD, seems completely random.

Here is another LINK with all relevant info and logs collected by the Windows 10 Forum DM Log Collector Tool

XxInvictus, Feb 26, 2018
  3. WIN 10 BSOD, seems completely random.

Didn't phase me either way as I replied in the other thread I don't use Daemon Tools anyway it was just a included with part manufacturer software installation.

HERE is the most recent dump from the DM Log Collector's tool

XxInvictus, Feb 26, 2018
  4. z3r010 Win User

DM Log tool problem

z3r010, Feb 26, 2018
  5. lenberman Win User
    Could you please explain how I should go about using the tool. I clicked the link and a zipped file opens. Inside the zip there is a resource folder and a log collector file. When I open the collector file a cmd window opens briefly and nothing else seems to happen. What exactly should I be doing?
    Len

lenberman, Feb 26, 2018
  6. lenberman Win User
    I'm going to post the file that you sent me and hope I'm doing it right. Hopefully, when the cmd ran it included info for you to read and decipher.
    Len

lenberman, Feb 26, 2018
  7. lx07 Win User
    You aren't doing it right, no. I'm going to post lots of pictures so bear with me and try to follow exactly.

1. Download it, right click and select "Extract all...".

DM Log tool problem [​IMG]

2. Next open the extracted folder. Note not the zip file you downloaded. See the top one has a icon with a picture of a zip - don't open that. Open the one below with a smooth folder icon.

3. Now double click on the log-collector shortcut. Note this well - this is in the folder you extracted not in the zip file you downloaded.

4. Choose "Open"

5. You should see this screen. It stops here indefinitely until you press enter, so, press enter.

If you get this far you should see a few windows flash open and closed and you will end up with a file on your desktop called "<PC-name> (2018-02-27 21 53).zip".

I can't post more pictures (only 5 per post) but let us know which you got to. I can post more if you want *Smile

The most likely problem is you tried to run the shortcut before extracting the zip (so between picture 1 and 2).

It isn't obvious that it wouldn't work without extracting the downloaded file (but it simply doesn't) and I'm sorry if I seem to be oversimplifying things.

Good luck and if it doesn't work let us know which step you got to.

8. lenberman Win User

DM Log tool problem

Thank you so much, I will give it a try when I get home from work. I think I can easily follow your clear instructions and diagrams.
    Len

lenberman, Feb 26, 2018
  9. lx07 Win User
    Best of luck.

I do believe the only issue is missing the "Extract here" step.

Unlike Windows 7, Windows 10 will preview a downloaded zip file but then fail to run its contents if they aren't extracted. What confuses things even more is you can open a text document from this preview but not run a script and it isn't obvious if you are in the preview or the extracted folder unless you consciously look.

It is just one of those things sent to try us I guess.

Let us know if it works anyway but I'm sure it will.

10. lenberman Win User
    OK, did it, thanks for your help. File attached.
    Len

lenberman, Feb 27, 2018
  11. lenberman Win User
    Sorry, I'm having a hard time figuring where to look to solve my problem. I get a BOSD 4 times a day and I hoped the results from my info would point to something. Am I missing something in the DM Log scan results?
    Len

lenberman, Mar 18, 2018
  12. zbook New Member
    Please update the progress with the steps in post #9.

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

DM Log tool problem

1. DM Log tool problem - Similar Threads - Log tool problem

2. Yellow-Colored design on My DM’s Icons?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Yellow-Colored design on My DM’s Icons?: Hi Folks,I'm just curious about these yellow patches I see in several of my Device Manager Icons.I'm running a Windows 10 Pro 64bit O/S.Are the yellow-colored spots in these Device Manager Icons indicating some problem? They may be just part of the Icon’s design but even...
  3. IF-FW/DM v1.10 MKII

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    IF-FW/DM v1.10 MKII: Hallo this Fire wire Card can not work on my PC. the instalation does't works, this Driver Version can not work on my PC please help me. best regards Bernd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-fwdm-v110-mkii/2c97d9bb-2a60-4816-b8c6-75ba47d330cc
  4. Random Crashes with loud static sound - DM Log included

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Crashes with loud static sound - DM Log included: Hello, I have reached out to Win10 "Contact Support" and they had me do a complete update to my OS. I thought I was in the clear because I had a couple days go by with no crashes, but now they're back. I continue to see these 2 entries in my event viewer and can't help but...
  5. dm log collector.exe "generating msinfo report" taking an hour

dm log collector.exe "generating msinfo report" taking an hour: Hi. I am hoping to post a BSoD issue but the dm log collector executable is taking quite long. I see it should take a while, but just wondering if it has stopped? The green bar has been in the same position for at least an hour (see attached). My original BSoD...
  6. Cannot run DM log Collector Tool

Cannot run DM log Collector Tool: Hi I have had a BSOD and want to run the DM Log Collector tool as instructed in the BSOD forum, so I can post on that forum, however when I try to run the tool I get this message "This app can't run on your PC. (see attached Picture) Any ideas what I am doing wrong....
  7. Just experienced PFN_LIST_CORRUPT - See attached DM Log Report

Just experienced PFN_LIST_CORRUPT - See attached DM Log Report: My computer has been crashing very frequently lately. This was the BSOD that I just saw before posting with the DM log report. I'm really struggling to complete work these days, so any help would be amazing! 51560
  8. SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION BSOD - attached DM Log

SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION BSOD - attached DM Log: Hello, I had worked with someone on another BSOD issue and thought that I was home free, but it turns out I am not. I've attached a new dm log for review. Any help is always great appreciated! 45049
  9. How long for DM Log to collect data?

How long for DM Log to collect data?: How long does the DM logger take to run? I know it says "a while" but it's been going for more than 30 mins now. Over 30 *Redface 44564
  10. BSOD on my laptop now too! Geeezzzz DM Log attached

BSOD on my laptop now too! Geeezzzz DM Log attached: Please advise.... Thanks a ton! 45233