Windows 10: DMP files

Discus and support DMP files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, First off, apologies if this isn't the right place to post this, i'm quite confused as to the process. I recently followed this wiki post and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Samsoom99, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Samsoom99 Win User

DMP files

Hi,

First off, apologies if this isn't the right place to post this, i'm quite confused as to the process.

I recently followed this wiki post and ran driver verifier. My system crashed on start up, so I followed procedure and disabled the verifier from safe mode and booted up. The thread then says to upload the Minidump files to one drive and share it here for someone to help me diagnose the issue. Please let me know if i'm doing something wrong and what to do if so.

Here is the OneDrive link to the files.

Thanks,

Sam

:)

Samsoom99, Aug 10, 2018

2. Help reading mini dmp file

Download BlueScreenView, unpack the ZIP, and run the EXE (no installation necessary). It's an excellent little utility for looking at DMP files and finding the cause of crashes.

Static~Charge, Aug 10, 2018
  3. prescient Win User
    Help reading mini dmp file

look at post #6 , *Toast :toast:

prescient, Aug 10, 2018
  4. agenthunk Win User

DMP files

BSOD/WinDBG setup and DMP file help?

Attachment 125105

Attachment 125106

the top one is the file explorer before I scrolled down.
    the bottom is the bottom of the file explorer list...
    most of what is missing is other dmp files from game release folders from my x86 steam folders...

this one is the first folder you see called minidump at the top....
    Attachment 125108

so I did the to desktop from that folder and it gave me this error...
    Attachment 125109

agenthunk, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

DMP files

1. DMP files - Similar Threads - DMP files

2. Need some help with BSOD/DMP files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need some help with BSOD/DMP files: Hello, I have been dealing with various BSOD for a few months now and I finally decided to try a clean install of windows. Unfortunately, I kept getting the error "Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart...
  3. Need some help with BSOD/DMP files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need some help with BSOD/DMP files: Hello, I have been dealing with various BSOD for a few months now and I finally decided to try a clean install of windows. Unfortunately, I kept getting the error "Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart...
  4. Windows freezes and crashes. Sharing DMP files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows freezes and crashes. Sharing DMP files: Windows freezes and I had to manually restart several times. This started happening a couple months ago and since I have tried every fix there is including clean Windows install. System used: Legion 5 Pro-16ACH6H Laptop Lenovo OS: Win...
  5. Windows freezes and crashes. Sharing DMP files

Windows freezes and crashes. Sharing DMP files: Windows freezes and I had to manually restart several times. This started happening a couple months ago and since I have tried every fix there is including clean Windows install. System used: Legion 5 Pro-16ACH6H Laptop Lenovo OS: Win...
  6. Blue screen with no time to create DMP file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen with no time to create DMP file: Recently I've started getting bluescreens when I play some games on my system, but when it starts to shut down the bluescreen barely has time on the screen before it shuts down. So there are never any DMP files to look into. Any help would be appreciated.After looking at a...
  7. Blue screen with no time to create DMP file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen with no time to create DMP file: Recently I've started getting bluescreens when I play some games on my system, but when it starts to shut down the bluescreen barely has time on the screen before it shuts down. So there are never any DMP files to look into. Any help would be appreciated.After looking at a...
  8. Blue screen with no time to create DMP file

9. WHEA Logger Event ID 1 - I need help understanding this .dmp file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA Logger Event ID 1 - I need help understanding this .dmp file: After my PC blackscreened, I found a WHEA Logger event in my Event Viewer and analyzed the .dmp file from there using WinDbg. The file mentions GenuineIntel and I just need help verifying what the actual cause of the crash could be:WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A fatal hardware...
  10. WHEA Logger Event ID 1 - I need help understanding this .dmp file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHEA Logger Event ID 1 - I need help understanding this .dmp file: After my PC blackscreened, I found a WHEA Logger event in my Event Viewer and analyzed the .dmp file from there using WinDbg. The file mentions GenuineIntel and I just need help verifying what the actual cause of the crash could be:WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A fatal hardware...