Windows 10: DNLA clients stop unless TWO computers active on Network

Discus and support DNLA clients stop unless TWO computers active on Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there I'm beginning to REALLY HATE Windows networking. I have MEZZMO and another Audio server (Logitech media server) running on a computer --... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Aug 13, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

DNLA clients stop unless TWO computers active on Network

Hi there

I'm beginning to REALLY HATE Windows networking.

I have MEZZMO and another Audio server (Logitech media server) running on a computer -- When I boot the computer the remote DNLA devices (TV's etc) recognize both the servers and connect.

If I switch the remote TV to normal channels (e.g BBC 1) channels and don't go back to "Apps-->DNLA servers" on the TV for about 30 mins I get message DNLA server can't be found next time I want to watch a movie from the server even though the server is still active on the computer. I need to go up into my LOFT to access the windows machine physically and get into Windows file explorer-->Network and then hit refresh --then the DNLA servers appear again on the remote TV.

Now if I have a SECOND computer running - the networks / DNLA stuff stays active evn if there aren't any servers on the second computer. Seems if there's only ONE computer on a Network and the remote connection isn't active for a while the network disconnects or goes to sleep. How do I avoid this.

What's up here --I shouldn't have to have TWO computers working just to keep DNLA servers alive.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 13, 2015
  2. Kchrpm Win User

Active Sync problems with two computers

I have the same problem as the original poster, and have had it ever since I originally got the device so I don't expect a hard reset to fix it (and don't feel like losing all of my data just to find out). My previous device, a Dell Axim running WM2003SE
    had no problem working with both, but my current HTC Advantage refuses to be recognized by both computers at the same time, even though it does not forget the partnerships.

Why is there no way to just tell ActiveSync that this isn't a new device? It has the same device ID, "name" and any other identifying data it might be checking (except of course for the data I am telling it to sync, the whole point of the app), why can't
    it just ask me to confirm that it is the same device it has already seen instead of assuming it's something different, trying to change the device ID/name and demanding I delete the exact same partnership I am about to create?

Kchrpm, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Active Sync problems with two computers

If it were my device, I would probably consider Hard Resetting the device and then I would remove the partnerships from the PC's and reboot each. Then connect the device and I would expect that the partnerships would take.

Just my thoughts....

If you do decide to do that, get back with your outcome.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

DNLA clients stop unless TWO computers active on Network

1. DNLA clients stop unless TWO computers active on Network - Similar Threads - DNLA clients stop

2. Dnla video playlist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dnla video playlist: I have a Windows Media Dnla server running it took some growing pains to get it to link and show all the video content on my Roku tv. I have divided all my MP4 files into playlist but when I view on tv it says I have no compatible video playlists. But that same files can be...
  3. Dnla video playlist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dnla video playlist: I have a Windows Media Dnla server running it took some growing pains to get it to link and show all the video content on my Roku tv. I have divided all my MP4 files into playlist but when I view on tv it says I have no compatible video playlists. But that same files can be...
  4. LAN Networking between two computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LAN Networking between two computers: My network between my two computers connected via a Gigabit switch does not work, I have to uninstall my ethernet connection and restart my computer to get it working and the networking falls out again when I restart the computer. Can anyone help, it's driving me crazy....
  5. Windows activation on two computers.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation on two computers.: Hello, I have a laptop which i bought some time ago and it came with pre-installed windows 10 and after sign-in with my microsoft account, windows 10 license is bound to my account as I understand. But a few days ago my laptop broke and I'm not going to use this laptop...
  6. Network two computers

Network two computers: How do I share files between two Windows 10 computers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-two-computers/06745509-10ba-4ffd-9d36-4092d2e421d9
  7. Computer WONT recognize devices within network UNLESS VPN is activated

Computer WONT recognize devices within network UNLESS VPN is activated: Problem: My computer won't recognize or connect to my printer, Xbox One, or any other devices in my network under any circumstances no matter what I do, UNLESS I connect it to a VPN app NordVPN. I've been fighting with this thing for years. HOW do I fix it? A little...
  8. Connecting two computers mini network

Connecting two computers mini network: Earlier this year I bought a new Windows 10 computer to replace my 4 year old windows 7. Almost all of my important info/data is on external HD I use the computer hard drive almost exclusively for programs. I realized today that there actually is a couple folders of info on...
  9. DNLA Controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNLA Controller: Hello -- I just connected a DNLA (stereo) receiver to my home network --- its manual states that I can stream my mp3 stored on my NAS using windows media player DNLA controller --- How is that set up? Thanks...
  10. Problem Networking Two Computers

Problem Networking Two Computers: I am having problems with Networking 2 Windows 10 computers. The first computer is an HP Laptop with windows 10 factory installed. It connects to my router via a wireless connection. The second is a Dell Desktop with 2 SSD's -- one containing Win 7 and the other Win 10....