Windows 10: DNS issue, no internet

Discus and support DNS issue, no internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been running into this issue with my pc for the past couple days. I have had no internet due to a DNS issue. It was defaulted to automatic so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sicinside, Aug 17, 2015.

1. sicinside Win User

DNS issue, no internet

I've been running into this issue with my pc for the past couple days. I have had no internet due to a DNS issue. It was defaulted to automatic so I tried the Google DNS as well as the opendns addresses, nothing. I was, and currently am, hard wired but I also tried using WiFi. I have restarted, ipconfig -release and -renew, nothing. My pc is the only device running W10 in the house and it is the only device with this issue. Running the trouble shooter I get "the DNS server is not responding" when on automatic and "windowsbcant communicate with the device or resource (primary DNS server)" with any DNS I put in. Any help into resolving this is greatly appreciated.

:)

sicinside, Aug 17, 2015
  2. JCT15 Win User

Connected but no internet - DNS issue?

My computer is able to connect to wi-fi but without any internet access. There was some very slow access initially (no more than 2 mbps), but it gradually dropped off until it hit 0. My other devices are able to connect to this wi-fi network with no problem,
    and the computer in question has been able to connect to other networks without issue in the past. The network troubleshooter doesn't provide a consistent error message, but it seems to be related to DNS.

JCT15, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Connected but no internet - DNS issue?

We are volunteers willing to help you try to resolve this issue.

These should help you resolve that connection issue.

Windows 10 Help - scroll down to "Connectivity" <-- check this

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/wi...

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10 <-- check this

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/...

Your router would be suspect here, have you updated its firmware as a possible solution? The router can be the issue even if other OS's are working fine. And I would update your WiFi drivers on the computers.

Try actually updating your driver :

Make a Restore Point : Start - type in --> Restore find at top and click on it - then Create

Right Click Start Button - Device Manager - Network - write down make and model of Wifi - double click on it - driver's tab - write down version - click Update Driver (may not do anything as MS is far behind certifying drivers). Then Right Click on Wifi Device
    and UNINSTALL - Reboot - this will refresh the driver stack.

Then check the System/Motherboard Maker's Site and that of the actual device maker (such as Intel, RealTek, Broadcom, or Atheros) for even newer drivers.

Manually look at manufacturer's sites for drivers - and Device Maker's sites.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/driverssupport/ht...

Download - SAVE - go to where you put it - Right Click - RUN AS ADMIN.

You can download several at once, however, reboot after you install each one.

After looking at the System Maker's you can check Device Maker's for even newer versions. (The ones from System maker become your fallbacks).

Windows 10 - Help & Support

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/s...

Windows - 10 - Search Support

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/newsearch/resul...

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance.

SpiritX MS MVP, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

DNS issue, no internet

1. DNS issue, no internet - Similar Threads - DNS issue internet

2. Issues with DNS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with DNS: Basicly i've tried resetting my dns settings by following this guide but it wont change I did every way that they shown and it didn't fix itself, it carries over from network to network and is an issue because I cant login to my school's wifi.here's the logs from Windows...
  3. DNS issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS issue: Hi all, This is an error message when a user wants to drag a pdf or other word file and import it into Dynamics Bsiness Central. There is a Dropbox feature in this application where a user can drag and drop files. When importing, the user gets an error message. This happens...
  4. DNS issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS issue: Hi all, This is an error message when a user wants to drag a pdf or other word file and import it into Dynamics Bsiness Central. There is a Dropbox feature in this application where a user can drag and drop files. When importing, the user gets an error message. This happens...
  5. Wi-fi connected, no internet DNS issue!?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-fi connected, no internet DNS issue!?: Hi. I'm facing this issue in my laptop where it connects to any wi-fi network but doesn't connect to internet. The same wi-fi network works perfectly fine on other devices. Some of the fixes I've tried but didn't work for last hour and a half: cmd: /flushdns...
  6. Internet DNS Issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet DNS Issue?: So I run normally at 10-15 MB/s for internet, but when I'm playing ANYTHING, from League of Legends to Apex Legends to Destiny 2, it runs super fine and everything is dandy until about 20-30 minutes in where I'll just disconnect from nowhere and freeze up for about 10-15...
  7. DNS Issues

DNS Issues: lost of internet connection due to DNS issues, how do I resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-issues/6689bee1-7d92-49a6-91ea-710d8111c2b3
  8. Loss of internet - DNS Issues

Loss of internet - DNS Issues: Several computers have been loosing internet. The computer diagnostic says its a DNS issue but only a restart fixes the problem. All the other computers will be fine during the time one is down. It appears to be online when looking at the icon in the bottom corner of the...
  9. DNS issue?

DNS issue?: I have a new Win 10 Pro laptop for a user. It is in the domain now. I do an ipconfig /all and it shows me it's ip address. From another machine, I can ping it by it's ip address. I can not ping it by name ; it is timing out. If I do an nslookup on the ip address, it shows me...
  10. DNS Issue

in Browsers and Email
    DNS Issue: Hello, Could use some help with this error message. It started after the Cumulative Update Build 15063.138 (KB4015583) install today. This only happens with Edge. IE, FF etc work fine. I've flushed the DNS cache etc. Still no joy. What's online for fixes are confusing and...