Windows 10: DNS Issue

Discus and support DNS Issue in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, Could use some help with this error message. It started after the Cumulative Update Build 15063.138 (KB4015583) install today. This only... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sneekez, Apr 11, 2017.

1. sneekez Win User

DNS Issue

Hello,
    Could use some help with this error message. It started after the Cumulative Update Build 15063.138 (KB4015583) install today. This only happens with Edge. IE, FF etc work fine. I've flushed the DNS cache etc. Still no joy. What's online for fixes are confusing and was wondering, by chance, if someone knows of a fix. If this is been asked I apologize for the redundancy but I couldn't find anything on TF with that error message when I searched it.

There was a temporary DNS error. Try refreshing the page.

Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND

​Thank you for your time.

Using an SSD it's just quicker to "reset" than to beat your brain out trying to figure it out...kinda sad really. I know if it was still 3.11 wfwgrps I would have worked on it more. Going to post the message to feedback.

:)

sneekez, Apr 11, 2017

2. DHCP and DNS issues

Still looking into this. Running more diagnostics revealed a few minor warnings but I made changes to leave no rock unturned. DHCP has been less of an issue since this post was made but I still struggle with DNS issues. Unfortunately it's a waiting game
    now, I think.

For more detail on the recent issues with DNS; just this morning I had at least 3 reports from separate people that the names were not resolving at about 6:30 this morning. However, by the time I come in at 8, it's all working fine. No events seen this far
    that point to a potential resolution. Still searching.

Jarad Johnson, Apr 11, 2017
  3. DHCP and DNS issues

I'm sorry but this will be a long post.

A bit of history; We recently rolled out VoIP phones for a bit under 300 users. Since then, DHCP and DNS has been giving more issues. The increase in requests to our DHCP and DNS server caused alarms for performance to be triggered. I bumped up the resources
    to compensate and we no longer see performance warnings. However, the problem remains.

We are primarily running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

We are not out of addresses.

There is nothing new in the event log.

I can run ipconfig commands to temporarily fix the issue.

This hasn't effected everyone that I can tell.

It seems as though leases expire and don't renew. It occurs after reboots as well as just suddenly happens in the middle of the day. Also, reboots don't necessarily cause a DHCP address to be properly assigned.

Jarad Johnson, Apr 11, 2017
  4. Jgr9 Win User

DNS Issue

I might be seeing this too, but I also have other issues going on right now (or did anyways). Think I'm going crazy. This is the only report I see on it today?... or recently

5. sneekez Win User
    "going crazy" that's why I just did a reset and worry be gone...

sneekez, Apr 12, 2017
  6. Jgr9 Win User
    So you fixed it then. Well my problems are worse...

7. sneekez Win User
    @Jgr9 Yes I did, again by resetting the system. It basically brings you back to square one, i.e.. you have to reload updates, change things in device mgr if you did any personalizing, however your proggies stay, data stays and drivers for your hardware, vid cards, sound card etc. At least mine did. Shawn Brink the admin for the forum has wonderful tutorials he has done on doing this. Hope that helps.

sneekez, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

DNS Issue

1. DNS Issue - Similar Threads - DNS Issue

2. Issue with Primary DNS Suffix Not Applying in User Driven Entra Join Deployment Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Primary DNS Suffix Not Applying in User Driven Entra Join Deployment Profile: Hello,I have an on-premises AD setup. Intune Connector and Azure AD Connectors are configured and functioning correctly. My requirement is to configure auto-pilot with an Entra Join Profile, enabling users to log in via Entra AD. After-login, users should be able to ping...
  3. Issue with Primary DNS Suffix Not Applying in User Driven Entra Join Deployment Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Primary DNS Suffix Not Applying in User Driven Entra Join Deployment Profile: Hello,I have an on-premises AD setup. Intune Connector and Azure AD Connectors are configured and functioning correctly. My requirement is to configure auto-pilot with an Entra Join Profile, enabling users to log in via Entra AD. After-login, users should be able to ping...
  4. Wi-Fi Connection Issue: DNS Settings Notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi Connection Issue: DNS Settings Notification: Hello Community,I’ve been experiencing an issue with my Wi-Fi connection and was hoping someone could provide some assistance.Recently, I received a pop-up notification stating, “The DNS settings for all Wi-Fi networks have been set. The settings below won’t be used.” I...
  5. Wi-Fi Connection Issue: DNS Settings Notification

Wi-Fi Connection Issue: DNS Settings Notification: Hello Community,I’ve been experiencing an issue with my Wi-Fi connection and was hoping someone could provide some assistance.Recently, I received a pop-up notification stating, “The DNS settings for all Wi-Fi networks have been set. The settings below won’t be used.” I...
  6. Issues with DNS

Issues with DNS: Basicly i've tried resetting my dns settings by following this guide but it wont change I did every way that they shown and it didn't fix itself, it carries over from network to network and is an issue because I cant login to my school's wifi.here's the logs from Windows...
  7. Issues with DNS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with DNS: Basicly i've tried resetting my dns settings by following this guide but it wont change I did every way that they shown and it didn't fix itself, it carries over from network to network and is an issue because I cant login to my school's wifi.here's the logs from Windows...
  8. Windows server 2008 dc/dns issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows server 2008 dc/dns issues: I’m investigating an issue with a windows server 2008 DC/DNS. Will not allow me to join a new computer to the domain. What would be the reason why the ForestDNSZones and DomainDNSZones are not showing in DNS? Only thing visible is _msdcs. Note that this is the only DC/DNS...
  9. Windows server 2008 dc/dns issues

Windows server 2008 dc/dns issues: I’m investigating an issue with a windows server 2008 DC/DNS. Will not allow me to join a new computer to the domain. What would be the reason why the ForestDNSZones and DomainDNSZones are not showing in DNS? Only thing visible is _msdcs. Note that this is the only DC/DNS...
  10. DNS issue

DNS issue: Hi all, This is an error message when a user wants to drag a pdf or other word file and import it into Dynamics Bsiness Central. There is a Dropbox feature in this application where a user can drag and drop files. When importing, the user gets an error message. This happens...