Windows 10: DNS server is unavailable

Discus and support DNS server is unavailable in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot get to a specific website. It keeps saying your DNS server might be unavailable. I have never had an issue with the site before and have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JaciKeys, Aug 9, 2018.

1. JaciKeys Win User

DNS server is unavailable

I cannot get to a specific website. It keeps saying your DNS server might be unavailable. I have never had an issue with the site before and have tried from my desktop as well as my laptop. Other people can get to the site.

:)

JaciKeys, Aug 9, 2018

2. DNS server unavailable

I am connected to an Ethernet cable (no router) and when I troubleshoot the issue with my internet I get the message 'your DNS server might be unavailable'. I have flushed the DNS but this hasn't worked. Anything else I can do?

Thanks in advance

RuairidhDonald, Aug 9, 2018
  3. Aquinus Win User
    DNS Servers

I run a DNS server locally, so when a domain is already cached, I get it back almost instantly, otherwise it responds as fast as the first server in my list (75.75.75.75 in my case.)

Aquinus, Aug 9, 2018
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

DNS unavailable

Hi Anthony,

Looks like you are experiencing connection issues due to your DNS servers not resolving the requests.

Let's perform these steps below to flush your DNS and request a new IP address from your ISP server:

• Press the Windows key + R key to launch the Run dialog box.
    • In the run command type cmd.exe and click Ok.
    • When the command prompt opens, type the following and press Enter after each command:
      • ipconfig /flushdns
      • ipconfig /release
      • ipconfig /renew

Kindly give us an update on how it goes and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

1. DNS server is unavailable - Similar Threads - DNS server unavailable

2. Dns server unavailable for more than 24 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dns server unavailable for more than 24 hours: I have been experiencing this dns error for more than 24 hours now and not once did i get my internet back i tried all methods that was available on the internet, ie the commands used in cmd promt like flushdns, renew dns, register dns, winsock int ip, ipconfig etc etc, i...
  3. Dns server unavailable for more than 24 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dns server unavailable for more than 24 hours: I have been experiencing this dns error for more than 24 hours now and not once did i get my internet back i tried all methods that was available on the internet, ie the commands used in cmd promt like flushdns, renew dns, register dns, winsock int ip, ipconfig etc etc, i...
  4. DNS servers

DNS servers: How to resolve "device or resource DNS server is not responding"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-servers/eae05c07-dbdd-4697-b4d7-32fa54b1a6e5
  5. DNS servers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS servers: How to resolve "device or resource DNS server is not responding"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-servers/eae05c07-dbdd-4697-b4d7-32fa54b1a6e5
  6. DNS Servers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS Servers: i cannot connect to the internet even though my laptop tells me i am connected when i try anything it keeps telling me DNS servers not working/connecting. i have tryed hard wire connection still nothing.im on a windows 11 but microsoft updated windows 10 2 days ago and...
  7. DNS Servers

DNS Servers: i cannot connect to the internet even though my laptop tells me i am connected when i try anything it keeps telling me DNS servers not working/connecting. i have tryed hard wire connection still nothing.im on a windows 11 but microsoft updated windows 10 2 days ago and...
  8. DNS Server

DNS Server: My computer loses the Internet several times a day. The error says the computer is configured properly but the DNS server is not working. What is this and how do I fix this.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server/dfd1e76d-ea28-4b2c-aabd-c1eb32be2e75
  9. DNS server

in Windows 10 Customization
    DNS server: I have internet and can get into everything except Facebook. It keeps coming up with a DNS server problem. Everyone in the building can get on, but me. I have tried everything the internet said to do, to no avail....
  10. DNS Server

DNS Server: I keep being disconnected from the internet. When I troubleshoot I get the message "The DNS server isn't responding" Any help would be greatly appreciated. Moved from: More Office apps / Windows 10 / Unknown/other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dns server unavailable

2. dns server unavilable

3. dnr server unavailable