Windows 10: DNS Server Issue with Windows 10

Discus and support DNS Server Issue with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since the May update of Window 10 internet hasn't worked on my PC. I get the following error: "Windows can't communicate with the device or resource... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GregB-04, Jul 25, 2018.

1. GregB-04 Win User

DNS Server Issue with Windows 10

Since the May update of Window 10 internet hasn't worked on my PC. I get the following error:

"Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (primary DNS server)"

How do I fix?

:)

GregB-04, Jul 25, 2018

2. DNS server causing problem

Hi Andrea,

DNS is a server that translates websites' addresses so that browsers can connect to them. If the addresses become outdated or the server has issues, problems and DNS errors occur. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following
    questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to your device before this issue occurred?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue regardless if you are trying to be connected to a wired or wireless connection?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest deleting the DNS cache. This can refresh the DNS files and settings on your PC. Follow these steps to delete the DNS cache:

• Using Search type Command Prompt.
    • Form the search results, right click on Command Prompt (Desktop app) and then choose Run as administrator.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type ipconfig /flushdns and then hit the Enter key.
    • Once done, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jul 25, 2018
  3. LeonLaude Win User
    DNS SERVER NOT RESONDING

Hi Rita French,

This issue often occurs when the DNS settings are incorrect. I suggest you to perform the following methods to troubleshoot the issue.

Method 1:

I would recommend you to change the Preferred DNS server and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run window, type
      ncpa.cpl and press Enter.
    • Right-click on the connection that you use for the local connection, and then click
      Properties.
    • Click to select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), and then click
      Properties.
    • In the Internet Protocol window, let's change the Preferred DNS server to
    • Click OK twice to complete the modification.

Note: If the issue persists, please repeat the steps and change the "Preferred DNS server" to 208.67.220.220.

Method 2:

If that does not help, try to flush the DNS. Follow these steps below.

• From Start screen, type Command Prompt.
    • Right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator.
    • Type: ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

Note: The ipconfig /flushdns command provides you with a means to flush and reset the contents of the DNS client resolver cache. During DNS troubleshooting, if necessary, you can use this procedure to discard negative cache entries from the cache, as well
    as, any other dynamically added entries.

Hope any of these methods help!

Kind regards,

Leon

LeonLaude, Jul 25, 2018
  4. DNS Server Issue with Windows 10

Windows 10 DNS leak

No, went with a different 3rd party suggestion. Works better. I'm reliant on others for my tech needs that way.

the54thvoid, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

DNS Server Issue with Windows 10

1. DNS Server Issue with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - DNS Server Issue

2. Windows server 2008 dc/dns issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows server 2008 dc/dns issues: I’m investigating an issue with a windows server 2008 DC/DNS. Will not allow me to join a new computer to the domain. What would be the reason why the ForestDNSZones and DomainDNSZones are not showing in DNS? Only thing visible is _msdcs. Note that this is the only DC/DNS...
  3. Windows server 2008 dc/dns issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows server 2008 dc/dns issues: I’m investigating an issue with a windows server 2008 DC/DNS. Will not allow me to join a new computer to the domain. What would be the reason why the ForestDNSZones and DomainDNSZones are not showing in DNS? Only thing visible is _msdcs. Note that this is the only DC/DNS...
  4. Dns server issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dns server issue: In the last month or two I’ve been having constant dns server issue. I have tried almost every solution under the sun without any luck. These are the things that I have tried.1. Troubleshooting2. Flushing dns cache, register, renew, reset, winsock reset, ipv4 ipv6 reset in...
  5. Dns server issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dns server issue: In the last month or two I’ve been having constant dns server issue. I have tried almost every solution under the sun without any luck. These are the things that I have tried.1. Troubleshooting2. Flushing dns cache, register, renew, reset, winsock reset, ipv4 ipv6 reset in...
  6. Dns server issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Dns Server & Firewall Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dns Server & Firewall Issue: sometime the web pages stop loading and internet drop, after few second come back again. My router log dont report any adsl drop, and my ISP checked my line and it's fine. Sometime on the event viewer i found id event 1014, reset connection, upgrade lan driver dont help. I...
  8. DNS Server Issue with Sky Broadband

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS Server Issue with Sky Broadband: Recently moved over to Sky Broadband using Sky Hub Router, which works fine with all my non Windows devices (Mac, iPhone, Android Phones, TV's etc). However when I try connect to the internet through my Windows Laptop this connects up to the router, however it will not...
  9. DNS SERVER ISSUE

DNS SERVER ISSUE: We have a issue where in the particular website use to open but recently that website has went through certain changes and the i.p address of it is also changed. when we try to open that website the followin error occurs[ATTACH] kindly help us with the solution...
  10. Strange issue with a dodgy DNS server?

Strange issue with a dodgy DNS server?: Oh, I'm aware of the site - used it plenty of times before! Thank you though I just figured, DNS servers have no impact of the speed of your connection? Once your computer finds the domain's address, it shouldn't matter, should it? It's only about the time it takes to look...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. yahoo causing dns error in mac