Windows 10: DNS server suggestions.

Discus and support DNS server suggestions. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hiya. I need some suggestion on good DNS servers that I can connect to and not find myself with problems all the time, I've used FF, Chrome, Edge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BorisTheAnimal, May 13, 2016.

1. DNS server suggestions.

Hiya.

I need some suggestion on good DNS servers that I can connect to and not find myself with problems all the time, I've used FF, Chrome, Edge and Comodo Dragon but all seem to have issues especially with the DNS that I'm connected to.

I'm currently using the Google one, but if you know any good ones then please suggest it!

I've also read about having my own DNS server but that just seems as a big crambamboli.

And if you think that it's my internet that is having a stroke or something:

DNS server suggestions. [​IMG]

Cheers, Boris *Smile

:)

BorisTheAnimal, May 13, 2016

2. DNS Error

IP and DNS Setting

Type ncpa.cpl in Windows start > Right click on your network > Properties > Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) > Hit properties > Make sure below ones are checked

Obtain an IP Address Automatically

Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically

You can also try Google DNS

Select Use the following DNS Server Addresses

Preferred DNS Server - 8.8.8.8

ALternate DNS Server - 8.8.4.4

Try Open DNS

Preferred DNS server : 208.67.222.222

Alternate DNS server : 208.67.220.220

E for Excel, May 13, 2016
  3. computer is correctly configured but dns server not responding windows 10

We already provide the basic steps for us to change the DNS server. We suggest to contact your ISP service provider for them to configure and provide the exact DNS server.

Don't hesitate to contact us if you do have another concern.

Phillip Pio, May 13, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

DNS server suggestions.

OpenDNS is very good; fast and safe.

IPv4
    208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

IPv6
    IPv6 | OpenDNS

simrick, May 14, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    Berton, May 14, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    To the OP, you do not need better DNS servers. You cannot use any US DNS servers, because you will see high lag rate. Because you are on a Fiber connection, why are you even worried about changing DNS servers, unless you are trying to get around some kind of block that your government has in place, then you are asking about the wrong thing.

bro67, May 14, 2016
  7. simrick Win User
  8. DNS server suggestions.

Well here is what happens when I use Google's DNS server:

DNS server suggestions. [​IMG]

Now I'm no internet expert but I'm surprised that I can't even connect to anything.

So bro67 you mean that I could just select the radio button "Obtain DNS server address automatically" and experience very good speeds?

BorisTheAnimal, May 15, 2016
  9. bro67 Win User
    You cannot use U.S. DNS servers. Your ISP can block you from using third party DNS servers if they have any kind of government mandated blocking set up. Not resolving to certain sites can only be found out through Ping and Trace Route tests, not some random screen shot that you failed to reach a website.

bro67, May 15, 2016
  10. But that's not just some random picture of how I'm not able to connect to a web page, it specifically tells me that the server DNS address of Google could not be found and I'm just dumbfounded by it since that is the DNS server I'm using.

And on the other hand why do all people tell you that if you are having connection issues, try another DNS. I was going with the one the ISP recommends but I had sort of the same issues with it being slow and not connecting, etc.

BorisTheAnimal, May 15, 2016
  11. bro67 Win User
    Yes it is a random picture that means nothing in what you are asking about.

If you are having issues with certain websites, you need to use Ping and Trace Route.

Also a DNS server only resolves the request where you want to go. at each hop, your request has to go through a network with routers and switches. There can be a number of resons why a particular IP may not resolve properly.

Posting Speed tests and a screen shot that says you got nothing, is a nothing.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

DNS server suggestions.

1. DNS server suggestions. - Similar Threads - DNS server suggestions

2. DNS servers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS servers: How to resolve "device or resource DNS server is not responding"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-servers/eae05c07-dbdd-4697-b4d7-32fa54b1a6e5
  3. DNS servers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS servers: How to resolve "device or resource DNS server is not responding"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-servers/eae05c07-dbdd-4697-b4d7-32fa54b1a6e5
  4. DNS servers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. DNS Servers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS Servers: i cannot connect to the internet even though my laptop tells me i am connected when i try anything it keeps telling me DNS servers not working/connecting. i have tryed hard wire connection still nothing.im on a windows 11 but microsoft updated windows 10 2 days ago and...
  6. DNS Servers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS Servers: i cannot connect to the internet even though my laptop tells me i am connected when i try anything it keeps telling me DNS servers not working/connecting. i have tryed hard wire connection still nothing.im on a windows 11 but microsoft updated windows 10 2 days ago and...
  7. DNS Server

DNS Server: My computer loses the Internet several times a day. The error says the computer is configured properly but the DNS server is not working. What is this and how do I fix this.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server/dfd1e76d-ea28-4b2c-aabd-c1eb32be2e75
  8. DNS server

in Windows 10 Customization
    DNS server: I have internet and can get into everything except Facebook. It keeps coming up with a DNS server problem. Everyone in the building can get on, but me. I have tried everything the internet said to do, to no avail....
  9. DNS Server

DNS Server: I keep being disconnected from the internet. When I troubleshoot I get the message "The DNS server isn't responding" Any help would be greatly appreciated. Moved from: More Office apps / Windows 10 / Unknown/other...
  10. Windows 10 Optimization Guide suggestion - Unbound DNS server?

Windows 10 Optimization Guide suggestion - Unbound DNS server?: Hi all, I was wondering, for the Windows 10 optimization guide, it is recommend using another DNS provider. I was wondering if it had been considered to recommend that users install their own DNS Server. I personally use Unbound. It's has a very small footprint, easy...