Windows 10: DNS Server unknown/Unknown Network

Discus and support DNS Server unknown/Unknown Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I've been struggling for months with this problem. My laptop won't connect to some networks. Usually there are networks like that on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JJH, Dec 12, 2016.

1. JJH
    JJH Win User

DNS Server unknown/Unknown Network

Hi,

I've been struggling for months with this problem.

My laptop won't connect to some networks. Usually there are networks like that on my university or other shared networks.
    The problem I get is that it doesn't recognize the DNS server. Usually it is solved whenever I restart my laptop, but then the problem returns after a while.

I have entered a automatic DNS address, tried programmes that have flushed my DNS and so on, but nothing seems to help. Is there any other solution out there that will allow me to stay connected?

Thanks

:)

2. ilyas001 Win User

can't use nslookup

hello guys

i try to learn ethical hacking but each time i try the "set type=x' in the nslookup tools i get this

> set type=mx

> google.fr

Server: UnKnown

Address: 192.168.1.1

DNS request timed out.

timeout was 2 seconds.

DNS request timed out.

timeout was 2 seconds.

*** Request to UnKnown timed-out

> google.fr

Server: UnKnown

Address: 192.168.1.1

DNS request timed out.

timeout was 2 seconds.

DNS request timed out.

timeout was 2 seconds.

*** Request to UnKnown timed-out

i can't find any solution to this thanks

ilyas001, Dec 12, 2016
  3. Mkerejeta Win User
    RICOH - Printer - 2/24/2017 12:00:00 AM - 1.2.0.0 - Error 0x80070490

Hi,

The problem is RICOH network Printer Driver (WSD Port).

You must, change your Printer server configuration to use IP Port comunication.

In PC, remove all Network printers that are in 'Unknown device' state:

• Go to Settings-> Devices-> Connected Devices
    • Click on device manager link at bottom of screen.
    • Open “Printers”
    • Then uninstall/delete the 'Unknown device' if present.
    • Then rerun Windows 10 update.

If you use Batch files to install network printers, this could be a command:

RUNDLL32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /n \\server\printer.name /dn

The ending /dl is a local printer delete the ending /dn is a network printer delete,

This solve the error about PRINTER Ricoh and Windows UPDATE.

I hope this cant help you.

Mkerejeta, Dec 12, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum try setting dns to 208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220 the error can be you have no connection as that will give a dns error as well

Samuria, Dec 12, 2016
  5. JJH
    JJH Win User
    Thanks!

This is not helping though, it doesn't make any difference.

6. bro67 Win User
    If they are domains or private networks, you will never be able to connect.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. DNS Server unknown/Unknown Network - Similar Threads - DNS Server unknown

2. unknown network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unknown network: Hello,today, my internet - ethernet stopped working out of sudden - after trying to switch to a wifi, using the same cable - if it's even important. After that, realizing the wifi wouldn't work, I tried the cable connection again, but it didn't work. While trying to solve the...
  3. unknown network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unknown network: Hello,today, my internet - ethernet stopped working out of sudden - after trying to switch to a wifi, using the same cable - if it's even important. After that, realizing the wifi wouldn't work, I tried the cable connection again, but it didn't work. While trying to solve the...
  4. unknown network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unknown network + no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown network + no internet: Hi all,Yesterday I downloaded a Windows update that took quite a while, today upon logging in I noticed that I could not go on the internet because my pc has no internet connection. Not only this but it says “unknown network”. Scoured through the internet and found that some...
  6. Unknown Printer on Network

Unknown Printer on Network: Windows 10 on home network after scanning network an unknown printer appears at random. Dont know who or what area it is from and only information is a network properties with only a MAC address How does this matter and is my network secure with network discovery Does the...
  7. unknown device on network

unknown device on network: Hello, I use WiFi Guard to monitor my network devices, and have a device showing up on the network that I cannot account for. The network belongs to my roommate, and in addition to my devices, I've identified all her devices on the network. But this one device shows up at...
  8. UNKNOWN NETWORK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UNKNOWN NETWORK: unable to stat Bits servive. Attacked and appears ahcker AS A PUBLIC PROPFILE AN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-network/659a3491-43d2-4535-af87-25cc05b43640
  9. Unknown Network

Unknown Network: I continue to get the "Unknown Network" when trying to set up my Ethernet controller. I am using my WiFi to access the internet but the direct connection through the hard cable is a lot faster when it's working. I have disabled it. I have removed it. Cleared the IPv4 and...
  10. Unknown Network Error

Unknown Network Error: Hi, For the last couple of weeks I've been having major issues w/my internet. Whenever I try to download something, no matter how small the file is I keep getting this "Unknown Network Error" I have tried the things I've seen online. Tried clearing cookies & site data,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 dns server unknown