Windows 10: DNS servers can't be found in Opera & Chrome

Discus and support DNS servers can't be found in Opera & Chrome in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having an odd issue. When I attempted to visit a site I go to frequently, in Google Chrome and in Opera I get a message that the DNS server... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Smiley1, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Smiley1 Win User

DNS servers can't be found in Opera & Chrome

Hello,
    I'm having an odd issue. When I attempted to visit a site I go to frequently, in Google Chrome and in Opera I get a message that the DNS server can't be found. I cleared the browser cache in Chrome, closed it, and reopened it. This didn't help. I can reach the site with Firefox and Edge.

I can also reach the site with my iPad, using the Safari browser.

Any ideas?

:)

Smiley1, Apr 27, 2016
  2. NaD BettY Win User

Unable to connect to internet on browsers except for Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Likhitha,

Thank you very much. Below is Firefox error message:

Server not found
    Firefox can't find the server at my.screenname.aol.com.

Check the address for typing errors such as ww.example.com instead of www.example.com

If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.

If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Below is the error message for Opera:

This webpage is not available
    Unable to look up accounts.google.com.

Below is the Chrome Error message:

This site can’t be reached
    mail.google.com’s server DNS address could not be found.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

NB: Every other application is not working, only Edge and Skype.

Thank you very much.

NaD BettY, Apr 27, 2016
  3. Can't access any websites

It says I have internet connection but when I enter a website it says:

This site can't be reached

's server DNS address could not be found

Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

From chrome but the internet now working on edge. I have tried to change to Google's DNS server and I got my internet for one second but then it got back to that message.

Tried to run full scan on both avast and Windows Defender and they didn't caught anything.

RoyDavidson, Apr 27, 2016
  4. Smiley1 Win User

Never mind, I hit reload a few times and the problems seem to have fixed themselves. *Confused

Smiley1, Apr 27, 2016
  5. Smiley1 Win User
    Well, I'm having this problem again. It's only with the Opera and Chrome browsers on my Windows 10 laptop. The sites are both accessible from Opera and Chrome on my Windows 10 netbook. Both are on the same network behind a router. The laptop is running ESET Smart Security. The netbook is running Windows Defender with a trial version of Malwarebytes AntiExploit. If it comes to ESET being the problem, this issue isn't worth disabling my firewall, as the site is available through Firefox and Edge on the laptop. I'm just wondering what the problem might be.

Smiley1, May 1, 2016
  6. Smiley1 Win User
    And maybe asking the question here is the magic solution because, once again, I refresh the page and the site is available. Can anyone shed some light on what might cause a DNS error message on only 2 browsers and on only one Windows device on the same network?

Smiley1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. DNS servers can't be found in Opera & Chrome - Similar Threads - DNS servers can't

2. DNS servers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS servers: How to resolve "device or resource DNS server is not responding"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-servers/eae05c07-dbdd-4697-b4d7-32fa54b1a6e5
  3. DNS servers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS servers: How to resolve "device or resource DNS server is not responding"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-servers/eae05c07-dbdd-4697-b4d7-32fa54b1a6e5
  4. DNS Servers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS Servers: i cannot connect to the internet even though my laptop tells me i am connected when i try anything it keeps telling me DNS servers not working/connecting. i have tryed hard wire connection still nothing.im on a windows 11 but microsoft updated windows 10 2 days ago and...
  5. Can't change DNS server

Can't change DNS server: I'm trying change DNS Server to 8.8.8.8 in my Wi-Fi propeties in IPv4 propeties, but always appear error like thisnot long time ago it can change, how to fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-dns-server/e9645394-7ac0-4b91-ab22-eea9f832d869
  6. DNS server

in Windows 10 Customization
    DNS server: I have internet and can get into everything except Facebook. It keeps coming up with a DNS server problem. Everyone in the building can get on, but me. I have tried everything the internet said to do, to no avail....
  7. Can't communicate with Primary DNS Server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't communicate with Primary DNS Server: Hi there, my name is Johny Duo and I need support about this. Operating system: Window 10 Problem: Can't communicate with Primary DNS Server This problem has just been appear on my screen recently. Can’t connect to the online world is very boring, so please help me this....
  8. No DNS servers found

No DNS servers found: I periodically use IPLEAK.net to check status of Nordvpn . Last few days, I get NO DNS servers found after 100 attempts. This doesn't seem to be affecting anything although some websites have been taking a very long time to connect. Any thoughts on this? Win10 Pro ver 1809...
  9. No internet DNS server not found.

No internet DNS server not found.: Tried everything, including changing DNS address in IP ver 4 (TCP/IPv4), rebooting router (wired connection on a wireless/wired router). I just went back to auto obtain. How can I unblock the WSH default outbound? [IMG][IMG][IMG]...
  10. Server DNS address could not be found

Server DNS address could not be found: Hi, yesterday, after the most recent windows 10 update, my laptops wifi kept disconnecting every five minutes and getting the server DNS address could not be found error. Re-connecting wifi helps, but only for 5 or so minutes. Scanned for viruses, didn't find anything....