Windows 10: Do any of you use SYSTEM MECHANICS?

Discus and support Do any of you use SYSTEM MECHANICS? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've read from several different sources that DISK DEFRAGS are no longer necessary for computers, what about System Mechanics or Disk Cleanups? 47261 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Fidel, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Fidel Win User

Do any of you use SYSTEM MECHANICS?

I've read from several different sources that DISK DEFRAGS are no longer necessary for computers, what about System Mechanics or Disk Cleanups?

:)

Fidel, Apr 13, 2016
  2. hieuhung Win User

How do you accept the term of use? And how do you set up My Family? This is far too complicated for it's own good!

hieuhung, Apr 13, 2016
  3. How do you accept the term of use? And how do you set up My Family? This is far too complicated for it's own good!

i need my family parent setup

manirathinam, Apr 13, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

I wouldn't use it myself. If I used any tool it would be Ccleaner. It's free and does a really nice job of disk cleanup. The only thing I would avoid would be the registry clean part of it.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Apr 13, 2016
  5. I prefer a system cleanup like this, for a deeper cleanup, there are free tools like CCleaner, WiseCare or GlaryUtilities.
    DiskDefrag, it is more or less a personal opinion, on SSD useless, on a common HDD slight benefits might show up.

TairikuOkami, Apr 13, 2016
  6. Clint Win User
    I bought System Mechanic a couple of years ago. I didn't know at the time that it was only good for one year. The "customer support" is terrible. It messed up my PC bad. I don't use it any more. I suggest, leave it alone.

Clint, Apr 13, 2016
  7. Fafhrd Win User
    I'm not keen on registry cleaners, but I like to clean up temporary files and other junk as they can build up several GB over a day's use in loads of places on your disk (I've just increased free space on disk from 5.49GB to 8.22GB after uptime of 1:02:24:30), with a free program called Baidu PC Faster. I find the English language free products from Baidu (One of the largest Chinese IT companies) are generally free of harmful side-effects, functional, and well featured. They include a browser (Baidu Spark) based on the Chrome rendering engine, and an antivirus.

It is hard to find comprehensive comparative studies on many Cleanup utilities, but I found one:

Benchmark Report of 133 Windows Optimization Software | Macecraft Software

Macecraft makes jv16 PowerTools X, ($29.95) one of the utilities tested. In the summary, it states:

Baidu PC Faster | We Make PC Faster

Fafhrd, Apr 13, 2016
  8. Do any of you use SYSTEM MECHANICS?

I don't use System Mechanics and never will. I highly recommend AVG PC TuneUp, it is good. It does a lot of cleaning and has gotten a lot of unwanted system files removed, cleared up a lot of my HDD space, and you get a file shredder included!! *Biggrin That's is awesome isn't it? I wish this was standard on Windows like Mac's "Empty Trash Securely". I hope Windows adds this option, but yes, I highly recommend AVG PC TuneUp for sure, it really does work.

You also have different levels of performance --> Batter Saver mode, Normal mode, and Turbo mode. You also get recommendations from it like the internet browsers capability for internet performance. My browser was not optimized for my internet, so it fixed that, which was good. (I think it was Mozilla Firefox)

There are a lot of other options that are very useful too, like disk defragment, removes duplicate files, and more. *Smile

Here is a link for the AVG PC TuneUp: AVG PC TuneUp | Get a Cleaner, Faster PC | Free Download. You can do the free trail and then see what you think. *Smile

Hope this helps you any. *Smile

Computer Chicken, Apr 13, 2016
  9. CCleaner has solved many issues for me, such as errors when reinstalling video drivers. Aside from that, you don't need any type of performance or tuning apps. They are mostly snake oil anyway. If you know how to manage your system, it will run well for years.

DeaconFrost, Apr 14, 2016
  10. Never used SYSTEM MECHANICS have heard bad things about it
    But can highly recommend Ccleaner also they do a decent defraggler as well

hTconeM9user, Apr 15, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    +1 +1 +1

davidhk, Apr 15, 2016
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    Keep in mind you don't want do defrag and SSD. It would do too many writes to it and that's not good.

BunnyJ, Apr 15, 2016
  13. Fidel Win User

Interested in hearing what you guys keep on your computers to keep it running smoothly.It seems many of you believe that one does really need any system repairs/clean ups of any type. I have ccleaner, malwarebytes and mcafee.

Fidel, Apr 15, 2016
  14. davidhk Win User
    Personal opinion ONLY.
    I am not suggesting my setup is the best in this galaxy. It just works for me on my 2 laptops.

I use Win 10's own Windows Defender as my real-time protection.
    Malwarebytes, free edition, as my on-demand protection.
    CCleaner to do disk cleanup.
    Auslogics, free edition, to do disk defrag.
    No snake-oiled garbage.

For 2+ years I have no issues, security or performance.

McAfee ? Why pay for it while there are many comparable programs that are free ?

davidhk, Apr 15, 2016
  15. BunnyJ New Member
    Just wondering.. do you defrag your SSD's??

BunnyJ, Apr 15, 2016
Thema:

1. Do any of you use SYSTEM MECHANICS? - Similar Threads - SYSTEM MECHANICS

2. The boot partition is located on a mechanical or hybrid drive. Moving the system to an SSD...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The boot partition is located on a mechanical or hybrid drive. Moving the system to an SSD...: How does one actually do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-boot-partition-is-located-on-a-mechanical-or/7bbedd7e-afef-4e08-9282-0bb3edb00687
  3. The boot partition is located on a mechanical or hybrid drive. Moving the system to an SSD...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The boot partition is located on a mechanical or hybrid drive. Moving the system to an SSD...: How does one actually do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-boot-partition-is-located-on-a-mechanical-or/7bbedd7e-afef-4e08-9282-0bb3edb00687
  4. The boot partition is located on a mechanical or hybrid drive. Moving the system to an SSD...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft Account login white box caused by privacy setting in System Mechanic uninstall...

Microsoft Account login white box caused by privacy setting in System Mechanic uninstall...: Microsoft Account login white box caused by privacy setting in System Mechanic uninstall fixed problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-login-white-box-caused-by/1a2e7af7-a8bc-4338-8fc1-b4f36769b906
  6. Microsoft Account login white box caused by privacy setting in System Mechanic uninstall...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account login white box caused by privacy setting in System Mechanic uninstall...: Microsoft Account login white box caused by privacy setting in System Mechanic uninstall fixed problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-login-white-box-caused-by/1a2e7af7-a8bc-4338-8fc1-b4f36769b906
  7. when startup from hibernate I get a popup header System Mechanic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when startup from hibernate I get a popup header System Mechanic: Ok, I know this sounds crazy but when I startup my Windows 11 system from hibernate I get this: I have Bidefender and Malwarebytes. when scanned they don't find any PUP or maleware. I checked programs and apparently software was installed the same day I installed Steam for...
  8. when startup from hibernate I get a popup header System Mechanic

when startup from hibernate I get a popup header System Mechanic: Ok, I know this sounds crazy but when I startup my Windows 11 system from hibernate I get this: I have Bidefender and Malwarebytes. when scanned they don't find any PUP or maleware. I checked programs and apparently software was installed the same day I installed Steam for...
  9. Iolo System Mechanic Professional - Won't Uninstall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Iolo System Mechanic Professional - Won't Uninstall: Hi! I was having some computer issues so i reinstalled Windows 10 and was gradually putting programs back on that I had prior to the reinstall. It seems every time I install System Mechanic Pro, it makes my computer run at 100% CPU, then I try to uninstall it, and it just...
  10. Marketing for Iolo's system mechanic and others

Marketing for Iolo's system mechanic and others: Hi, I downloaded and used System Mechanic for sometime 1-2 yrs, then saw the light and actually READ the reviews, so uninstalled. The program is 99% however there are a few *.dll and other Iolo files I cannot delete. I see marketing pop ups quite regularly and cant find...