Windows 10: Do DX11 games receive any benefit from running in Win10?

Discus and support Do DX11 games receive any benefit from running in Win10? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Will games that are not officially supporting DX12 receive any benefits from running in a DX12 OS? 6002 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Delicieuxz, May 11, 2015.

1. Do DX11 games receive any benefit from running in Win10?

Will games that are not officially supporting DX12 receive any benefits from running in a DX12 OS?

:)

Delicieuxz, May 11, 2015
  2. EmreTosun Win User

unable to play some games with directx 12

Game is actually supported for dx12, no any error mesagges/codes. According to the other player's comments that i saw, they say that the game works well with SLI on dx11 but not on dx12. So I want my system to be dx11. But in the dxdiag, it shows dx12.
    Is it possible to do it dx11?

EmreTosun, May 11, 2015
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    I have DirectX 12, but application requires DirectX 11

GeForce 9200 is a rather old graphis card (2008), and as is shown in Feature Levels, is only capable

of running DX 9 and 10 effects.

DX11 was first introduce to Nvidia graphics processors with the GT/GTX 400 series in 2010.

- The original Assassins Creed is DX9/10. I don't know when the series started using DX11. I would think

that only the most recent release of this game would be DX12.

- Note that while many games that have DX11 effects available (either specified as DX11, or as the Very High

or Ultra settings ) also have an option to run with DX9 only. However, a number of recent games that use DX11

are DX11 only.

( btw - Just Cause 2 is the first game I am aware of that was exclusive to one version of DX. In this case it was DX10. )

BossDweeb, May 11, 2015
  4. Do DX11 games receive any benefit from running in Win10?

I doubt it. Maybe some of the underlying improvements, but not most of them. When I had an AMD card, only games that had built in Mantle support (Mantle is a low level api similar to DX12) like Thief and Battlefield 4, were able to take advantage of it. I'd imagine it would be the same way with DX12.

Which kind of sucks because I'd love to see what GTA V could do under DX12 on my GTX 970.

blackroseMD1, May 11, 2015
  5. Williams Win User
    I agree with blackroseMD1. These games are not written for DX12 and cannot benefit from what DX12 provide.

Williams, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Do DX11 games receive any benefit from running in Win10?

1. Do DX11 games receive any benefit from running in Win10? - Similar Threads - DX11 games receive

2. DX11 bugged during game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DX11 bugged during game: I have been experiencing crashes when I am playing games that renders with dx11. There were no error messages after the crash but I checked the dmp file and found this: INVALID_POINTER_READ_c0000005_rendersystemdx11.dll!Unknown. I also tried reset my pc but it still had the...
  3. DX11 bugged during game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DX11 bugged during game: I have been experiencing crashes when I am playing games that renders with dx11. There were no error messages after the crash but I checked the dmp file and found this: INVALID_POINTER_READ_c0000005_rendersystemdx11.dll!Unknown. I also tried reset my pc but it still had the...
  4. unable to run any games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to run any games.: is anyone having issues running any games on windows 10 22h2 preview? crashing or hanging? sniper elite 5 refuses to run completely after 7 months release. now fortnite just crashes after a few seconds in the lobby. all call of duty games just crashes and auto closes with an...
  5. unable to run any games.

unable to run any games.: is anyone having issues running any games on windows 10 22h2 preview? crashing or hanging? sniper elite 5 refuses to run completely after 7 months release. now fortnite just crashes after a few seconds in the lobby. all call of duty games just crashes and auto closes with an...
  6. DX11

DX11: I am honestly not at all tech savvy and wont pretend to be but I'll try my best in explaining this.I bought the game Medieval Dynasty but upon opening it an error code comes up "A D3D11-compatible GPU Feature Level 11.0, Shader Model 5.0 is required to run the engine."I have...
  7. Cant run any games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant run any games: my pc Says I'm missing Dll files I have tried everything including reinstalling them and nothing is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-any-games/c8f76fc4-ab34-4f28-9e8f-8d97cd615162
  8. is microsoft assure plan any benefit

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    is microsoft assure plan any benefit: i am paying for microsoft assure and i believe it was a benefit the first time i paid as I was told i have too for the support i needed. but over the last year, I have called many times to the normal support or chat and no one ever asks me for assure and some people don't...
  9. Directx12 cant run dx11

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Directx12 cant run dx11: My computer has dx12 installed but when i try to run some games it says a dx11 card is required to play. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directx12-cant-run-dx11/1c3b8abd-3ccf-4aa9-9f5d-4d679a7c331d
  10. Run a VM win10 for gaming?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Run a VM win10 for gaming?: Is there a way to run win10 for gaming in a VM? I almsot want to run win10 VM in win7 or 8.1 or a sparsely updated win10... 71906