Windows 10: Do I Customize View in File Folder Using Tags or Comments, and how?

Discus and support Do I Customize View in File Folder Using Tags or Comments, and how? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have files where I have named each one a recipe I have. I have begun the name of each recipe with a letter grade based upon how much I like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BWinSF, Oct 27, 2016.

1. BWinSF Win User

Do I Customize View in File Folder Using Tags or Comments, and how?

Hi,

I have files where I have named each one a recipe I have. I have begun the name of each recipe with a letter grade based upon how much I like it, e.g. A+ Stir-fried chicken, A Steak, A- Fish, B+ Hamburger, etc.

I would like to list the files with the highest grade first, then next, but Windows 10 won't let me do that. For example they list A- ahead of A+, B- ahead of B+, or they will list a recipe with no letter grade yet with the recipes with letters, e.g. apple pie will be ahead of B+ spaghetti. I have used spacing, etc to try to work around it but can't find any way to do it.

So is tagging or comment or grouping the solution to this? And if so I haven't been able to figure out how to do that, e.g. how do you name the group? FYI I don't want to make sub-folders of A,B, etc. as I want to see all the recipes in one place.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

:)

BWinSF, Oct 27, 2016

2. Ridiculously slow startup time for file opener/browser

So list/details view is fast? Which views are slow?

Depending on the type of files in a folder, Explorer applies templates such as General items/Documents/Pictures/Music/Videos (can be viewed from folder properties > Customize tab). Some of these are slower because they involve extracting information from
    each file, such as EXIF tags from JPGs for example, or ID3 tags from MP3s and so on.

If that's not the issue in your case then see how Explorer behaves under another user account.

RobertJWin, Oct 27, 2016
  3. Windows 10: Add comments/tags/title to folders?

Is there a facility to add comments, tittles, or tags to folders in Windows 10 file explorer?

Hairy Scot, Oct 27, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Oct 27, 2016
Thema:

1. Do I Customize View in File Folder Using Tags or Comments, and how? - Similar Threads - Customize View File

2. Tagging files in a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tagging files in a folder: I'm a recent user of Windows, being a life long Mac user. If I open a folder on the Mac to show a list of files, I can select and right click on a file and add a coloured tag. It's an easy way to identify different groups of files within the folder. For ex, I might want to...
  3. How to add a comment/Tag to a folder not files in windows 10 so that it can be easily...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to add a comment/Tag to a folder not files in windows 10 so that it can be easily...: why hasn't Microsoft still provided this feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-a-commenttag-to-a-folder-not-files-in/ab5c6fad-c7d0-4f93-be90-6e950443af04
  4. How do I add comments to a folder within File Explorer?

How do I add comments to a folder within File Explorer?: I have to navigate through a medium volume of folders within one folder for my work projects. It would be helpful if I could add comments within the metadata of a folder to help me organize. Posted a snip of the area I am referencing. Anyone know of a way to do this within...
  5. How to set custom folder view for 1 folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How to set custom folder view for 1 folder: Okay so here's a stupid problem to have. I'm on Windows 10 Pro. I have the folder view for all my folders to be "Large icons." But I have one folder where I want "Medium icons" view. And I set it on Medium view, but then every few hours or days it goes back to Large icons....
  6. customize folder view

customize folder view: There are 5 templates for kinds of folders. Can this be changed or added to? For example, can I add/subtract columns to the Music template and keep that template to be applied to other folders containing music files....
  7. How do I add tags to files?

How do I add tags to files?: It used to be that I could go to the files Properties > Details tab >Tags. Can I add tags anymore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-tags-to-files/276c3fad-1d91-4aff-95ce-efe0def99309"
  8. Add comments, tags, metadata to files in explorer, folder comments

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add comments, tags, metadata to files in explorer, folder comments: Hi, just come across this File Metadata (free) which I think will interest you- seems very competent in tagging files. At the bottom I've added a note about StyleFolder (free), which adds comments to folders. If you want to add comments, tags, metadata to files, this is...
  9. How do I edit/view 'comments' tag for .PNG files ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I edit/view 'comments' tag for .PNG files ?: I can edit and view the tags (? these are called tags right ?) like 'Comments', 'Title', 'Authors' etc for .JPG and .JPEG files but cannot do the same for .PNG files. How do I it ? If it is not possible, then is there any way to convert 100s of png files to some other format...
  10. Adding Title/Comments/Tags to Folders + Sort in File Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding Title/Comments/Tags to Folders + Sort in File Manager: Two questions:- 1. Does anyone know of a simple method to add titles, comments, or tags, to folders in Windows 10? There was something called HobComment that worked on XP but there does not appear to be a Win10 X64 version. 2. Is it possible to have File Manager...