Windows 10: Do I have AMD drivers or not?

Discus and support Do I have AMD drivers or not? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I've recently updated to Wondows 10. If I right-click the desktop, the 1st entry is "AMD Radeon Settings" I click that, and I get a popup "No AMD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Swifty, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Swifty Win User

Do I have AMD drivers or not?

I've recently updated to Wondows 10.
    If I right-click the desktop, the 1st entry is "AMD Radeon Settings"
    I click that, and I get a popup "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly"

HWiNFO64 confirms that my display adapter is "AMD Radeon HD 7750/R7" and under Driver Information it says "Driver Description: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series" and "Driver version: 16.150.2211.0 (Crimson Edition 16.3.2)

So, who/what do I believe, and how should I proceed?

I have a dual display setup, and the most taxing thing I ask of it is probably something like opening Microsoft Word 2011... when I bought the PC in 2012, I specified something fast and QUIET. The HD 7750 is fanless, so I can listen to my music in peace.

:)

Swifty, Jul 25, 2016
  2. GeoCarmel Win User

Download AMD Drivers & Software good? do I need it?

Download AMD Drivers & Software good? do I need

GeoCarmel, Jul 25, 2016
  3. Download AMD Drivers & Software good? do I need it?

What?

Shenan Stanley, Jul 25, 2016
  4. Do I have AMD drivers or not?

TairikuOkami, Jul 25, 2016
  5. Swifty Win User
    Thanks, I've downloaded the drivers. I have to go to the dentist now, so I'll install them later.

Swifty, Jul 25, 2016
  6. Swifty Win User
    I ran the downloaded whql-win10-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-16.7.2-july19.exe with the result

AMD software and drivers have not been installed.
    Installation complete (warnings occurred during installation). View the log for details.

So, I viewed the log:
    AMD Display Driver
    Final Status: Fail

I clicked on Fail, a pointer to further down the page:

Error Message:
    Driver Install: the installation failed

That's very helpful, don't you think? So where do I go next?

Swifty, Jul 26, 2016
  7. Steve C Win User
    Did you uninstall all previous AMD software and run the installer as an Administrator from an Admin account?

Steve C, Jul 26, 2016
  8. CountMike New Member

CountMike, Jul 26, 2016
  9. Berton Win User
    Be careful of that, Microsoft Office 2011 [Word 14] is for the Macintosh computers only. The Windows version if Office 2010/Word 14.

Berton, Jul 26, 2016
  10. Swifty Win User
    Well, that would cause all sorts of problems, wouldn't it?
    I meant Microsoft Office 2010 Word, of course. I just didn't bother to verify what I have.

Swifty, Jul 27, 2016
  11. Swifty Win User
    No, I didn't uninstall anything. The Radeon Crimson install updated my Audio drivers as well, and I'm extremely wary of doing anything that affects audio.
    But whilst I was looking around on my system, I found the problem. I'd covered the popup saying that the system needed to be restarted, and forgotten all about that. The restart fixed the problem, and now I have the Radeon drivers.

I feel a complete and utter idiot (I had to get that in before anyone else did). It's just as well that I retired four years ago... I might have been doing something important (see here)

Maybe this will fix the other problem - my icons moving around by themselves. I share this problem with lots of other people, so it seems.

Swifty, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Do I have AMD drivers or not? - Similar Threads - AMD drivers

2. media driver needed though instaltion of windows 10 or 11 for an amd ryzen 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media driver needed though instaltion of windows 10 or 11 for an amd ryzen 3: media driver required before drive partition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-driver-needed-though-instaltion-of-windows/25363298-c951-42bc-93ea-5ee6668a7db6
  3. media driver needed though instaltion of windows 10 or 11 for an amd ryzen 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    media driver needed though instaltion of windows 10 or 11 for an amd ryzen 3: media driver required before drive partition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-driver-needed-though-instaltion-of-windows/25363298-c951-42bc-93ea-5ee6668a7db6
  4. Asus tuf a16 does not work on battery when installing drivers from AMD website. Works fine...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus tuf a16 does not work on battery when installing drivers from AMD website. Works fine...: My model is FA617NS. My screen freezes whenever my dgpu is driving the display and power is not plugged in after downloading from AMD website. I plug it back in and after about 30 sec it works just fine....
  5. Asus tuf a16 does not work on battery when installing drivers from AMD website. Works fine...

Asus tuf a16 does not work on battery when installing drivers from AMD website. Works fine...: My model is FA617NS. My screen freezes whenever my dgpu is driving the display and power is not plugged in after downloading from AMD website. I plug it back in and after about 30 sec it works just fine....
  6. AMD "Bluetooth Driver"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD "Bluetooth Driver": Is there any available bluetooth to my pc? or let say, I'm seeking to reinstall the correct Bluetooth Driver for my computer. Searching the site did not help because there was no driver offered for just Bluetooth alone. Can someone provide just the link to download Bluetooth...
  7. AMD "Bluetooth Driver"

AMD "Bluetooth Driver": Is there any available bluetooth to my pc? or let say, I'm seeking to reinstall the correct Bluetooth Driver for my computer. Searching the site did not help because there was no driver offered for just Bluetooth alone. Can someone provide just the link to download Bluetooth...
  8. AMD drivers replaced by windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD drivers replaced by windows update: Hi,I' m having the same problem: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-keep-disabling-my-amd-drivers/4800d7dc-4d7a-4e32-a9fb-c735c4e572faIt´s been more than a year. Is there a permanent fix for this?TIA...
  9. AMD drivers replaced by windows update

AMD drivers replaced by windows update: Hi,I' m having the same problem: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-keep-disabling-my-amd-drivers/4800d7dc-4d7a-4e32-a9fb-c735c4e572faIt´s been more than a year. Is there a permanent fix for this?TIA...
  10. AMD drivers replaced by windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do i have an amd driver