Windows 10: Do I have to burn the ISO to a DVD to be able to install Windows 10?

Discus and support Do I have to burn the ISO to a DVD to be able to install Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I used the media installation tool to download a Windows 10 ISO file on a USB, but when I checked the guide it said that I'll have to burn it to a DVD.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Elishere, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Elishere Win User

Do I have to burn the ISO to a DVD to be able to install Windows 10?

I used the media installation tool to download a Windows 10 ISO file on a USB, but when I checked the guide it said that I'll have to burn it to a DVD. Can't I just use winRAR or Daimon Tools to open it?
    Oh, another question... If I install it using the ISO on a Windows 7 Ultimate x32 but without SP1 installed, will it ask me for a serial key? Thanks *Smile*Smile!

:)

Elishere, Jul 29, 2015

2. will we ever be able to burn to a CD or DVD in Windows 10?

I would prefer to use the cd/dvd burner that is in my desktop rather than buy another burner. It worked just fine until I upgraded to 10 which took away all my ability to burn a cd/dvd.

BeverlyHill777, Jul 29, 2015
  3. will we ever be able to burn to a CD or DVD in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

Type Media Player in the search bar and click on it.

You will be able to use the same features that you used in older versions of Windows to burn CD or DVD.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Do I have to burn the ISO to a DVD to be able to install Windows 10? - Similar Threads - burn ISO DVD

2. how do I burn a dvd with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I burn a dvd with Windows 10?: I have a short video on my hard drive and want to burn it on a DVD disc. How do I do this? I have Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-burn-a-dvd-with-windows-10/0be2dda0-fc38-4f0c-8e55-9312e7ea98b6
  3. how do I burn a dvd with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I burn a dvd with Windows 10?: I have a short video on my hard drive and want to burn it on a DVD disc. How do I do this? I have Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-burn-a-dvd-with-windows-10/0be2dda0-fc38-4f0c-8e55-9312e7ea98b6
  4. how do I burn a dvd with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Not able to burn a DVD to be able to run on a DVD player Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not able to burn a DVD to be able to run on a DVD player Windows 10.: Having lost the Movie Maker on Windows 7, I purchased it from Microsoft. Unfortunately it will only Burn disc to read only on the computer but not on a DVD Player. So I purchased Movavi video editor plus 2020. I still have the same problem. I got in touch with Movavi and...
  6. Burning ISO to DVD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Burning ISO to DVD: I want to burn the Windows 10 1903 ISO to my DVD. Problem is the DVD capacity is just shy of what I need. The ISO is 5.59 GB and the DVD is 4.37 GB. Any ideas, James...
  7. How to burn an .iso file to a dvd...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to burn an .iso file to a dvd...: its status is 'Files Ready to Burn'... the next step is not intuitive ... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-burn-an-iso-file-to-a-dvd/1da572d8-57f7-4dcf-a59d-2294f2c2ee0e"
  8. Burn Window 10 ISO to DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Burn Window 10 ISO to DVD: How do I burn Window 10 64 bit ISO to dvd that has 4.7GB only? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burn-window-10-iso-to-dvd/7a738b61-21de-4618-854d-8298399fbbd9
  9. burning an ISO DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    burning an ISO DVD: I burned one with Windows 7 and noticed it seemed to burn at full speed. Is it worth using a program like imgburn which allows you to select slower burn speeds, perhaps resulting in fewer installation problems? 6448
  10. Should I download win10 and burn an iso to DVD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I download win10 and burn an iso to DVD?: I did that with 8.1 pro and successfully restored a broken install, booted dvd and repaired the pc. Then I upgraded to windows 10 using the media tool and it is working fine. But I do not have an iso of win10 burnt to a dvd. Will I need a win10 dvd? Should I do this...