Windows 10: Do I have to change the Compatibility Support Mode for UEFI?

Discus and support Do I have to change the Compatibility Support Mode for UEFI? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Assuming I want to clean install Redstone 2 next month in UEFI mode, do I have to change the default settings below? [img] 79415 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Matthew Wai, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Do I have to change the Compatibility Support Mode for UEFI?

Assuming I want to clean install Redstone 2 next month in UEFI mode, do I have to change the default settings below?

Do I have to change the Compatibility Support Mode for UEFI? [​IMG]

:)

Matthew Wai, Mar 14, 2017
  2. bacillus Win User

HOW DO I DISABLE COMPATIBILITY MODE FOR NATSPEAK.EXE

What version of dragon are you using?

bacillus, Mar 14, 2017
  3. bacillus Win User
    HOW DO I DISABLE COMPATIBILITY MODE FOR NATSPEAK.EXE

If your sound card in correctly seen in device manager, look in control panel>sound>recording>click on the microphone you're using>properties>levels and make sure it's 100% with 30 dB boost.

I've found that windows sometimes lowers the boost to 10dB and you can't be heard when dictating. Move the boost back up to 30dB and all should be good.

bacillus, Mar 14, 2017
  4. Kyhi Win User

Do I have to change the Compatibility Support Mode for UEFI?

Disable CSM . to force UEFI

5. How about the four 'Boot' settings below 'Launch CSM'?

6. Kyhi Win User
    I believe you should see them change, after CSM is disabled..

As CSM is legacy Support - once CSM disable> Legacy Support Disabled

7. I intend to use the method mentioned in this post to convert MBR to GPT and then use the USB drive mentioned in this post to clean install Redstone 2 in UEFI mode.
    Does it work?

8. Do I have to change the Compatibility Support Mode for UEFI?

I am now running Windows 10 in UEFI mode with CSM enabled.

Matthew Wai, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Do I have to change the Compatibility Support Mode for UEFI?

1. Do I have to change the Compatibility Support Mode for UEFI? - Similar Threads - change Compatibility Support

2. How to change form legacy to uefi mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change form legacy to uefi mode: I’m trying to install Linux on virtualbox but it is always aborted that I should enable vt-x. And I tried doing that by accessing the troubleshoot,advanced operations but uefi was not found there and I tried to use the shortcut which is the f1,f2 or f10 key but still remains...
  3. How to change form legacy to uefi mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to change form legacy to uefi mode: I’m trying to install Linux on virtualbox but it is always aborted that I should enable vt-x. And I tried doing that by accessing the troubleshoot,advanced operations but uefi was not found there and I tried to use the shortcut which is the f1,f2 or f10 key but still remains...
  4. How to change form legacy to uefi mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my bios mode is legacy but im not sure if it supports UEFI.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my bios mode is legacy but im not sure if it supports UEFI.: im wanting to enable virtualization but thats impossible with legacy bios as the only thing in boot is troubleshoot>>>advanced options>>>startup options. and thats it, so if you know how to enable virtualization wthout need uefi please help, or if you know how to check if my...
  6. my bios mode is legacy but im not sure if it supports UEFI.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my bios mode is legacy but im not sure if it supports UEFI.: im wanting to enable virtualization but thats impossible with legacy bios as the only thing in boot is troubleshoot>>>advanced options>>>startup options. and thats it, so if you know how to enable virtualization wthout need uefi please help, or if you know how to check if my...
  7. I can't change compatibility mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't change compatibility mode: I'm trying to run a very old program on a brand new laptop with Windows 10 Home. I get the message "This app can't run on your PC." That's surprising because I installed and ran the program on a different PC running Windows 10 not the exact same version. BTW, the program I'm...
  8. Should I change BIOS Mode to UEFI?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should I change BIOS Mode to UEFI?: Hello, I would like to dual boot Win 10 (20H2, Build 19042.804) with Ubuntu on my Dell Inspiron 7520. When I open "System Information" I see Bios Mode Legacy. And when I run bcedit from the command line I get: "path \Windows\system32\winload.exe". So I think this means I am...
  9. Message: "Compatibility mode for Internet Explorer is not supported by the Electronic...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Message: "Compatibility mode for Internet Explorer is not supported by the Electronic...: I need to disable Comparability Mode. Windows help message says to open Internet Explorer, click on tools menu, click on tools, Select Comparability View settings, etc. The problem is when I open the tools menu there is no "Tools" icon the bolded step to select....
  10. Support Had Me Change From UEFI to Legacy mode in BIOS Re: DISASTER

in Windows 10 Support
    Support Had Me Change From UEFI to Legacy mode in BIOS Re: DISASTER: This was Acronis True Image 2018 support not MS or Lenovo (P51). Those familiar with True Image know that you can create bootable media on a flash drive to run the software. No problem with True Image 2017 but True Image 2018 did not work. Although the flash drive loaded the...